Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Darker blades?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kupus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kupus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Darker blades?
    Posted: 01/20/2008 at 9:20am
Especialy 7P2A CARBON, enyone playes with it, review maybe:)?
TSP Cito Fitter OFF AN
FH Skyline TG3 2.15 + CTE
BH Speedy spin max + CTE
Sponsored Links

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2008 at 2:42pm
someone has this carbon laminated blade..i remember the person's saying it was too slow...
i have one thas is 7 ply all hinoki.it is an offensive blade with good control.great for spinny shots.
leobor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leobor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2008 at 3:58pm
I've played one year with 7p-2a carbon. It's a blade not very fast (off-- or all+), good in control on topspin's strokes,transmits many spin at the ball,good in block and defence, not good in pushing without spin, impossible for an offensive player to play without reglueing.Surely the slower offensive blade i've ever tried.
I play with Hurricane2 on both sides.
I've played also with 7p - 2a 7t , more powerful in all offensive strokes but not great control in block.
leobor

Nittaku Acoustic
FH Xiom Vega pro max red
BH Butterfly Raystorm 2.1 black
Ignarus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ignarus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2008 at 3:05am
Got a Darker Speed 90 last year - not the same as what you're looking at but from what I can tell, they make excellent quality blades (though they do charge you for it). 
MMaze(Ten05/Outlaw)
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2008 at 11:46am
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

someone has this carbon laminated blade..i remember the person's saying it was too slow...
i have one thas is 7 ply all hinoki.it is an offensive blade with good control.great for spinny shots.

I guess it was me. Yes it is slow and I regret having bought it.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2008 at 11:51am
at a similar price, if you're SH get a Tanpan, and a J-Speed 90 if you're cpen.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2008 at 12:27pm
does anyone know of a website that details Darker products?
Shmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2008 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by tuco tuco wrote:

Just iruiru.com as far as I know.
Darker Hinoki Shake Speed 90 & Borko Custom
FH: Bryce FX, BH: Sriver EL
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2008 at 6:32pm

Even they don't have enough info - you can download a 2005 catalog from their site but you won't get much info... not even the weight of the blades is available I think...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2008 at 7:35pm
Weight information is no problem at all, just ask M/s Suzuki from iruiru, she will weigh it for you.
Darker makes nice blades for single ply hinoki, but I don't know about other blades. My 7P2A carbon CHN is not made with enough aesthetical care. The handle is not in line with line of the grain of the wood on the blade face, so it is not nice to look at, the handle being at an angle to the grain line.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2008 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Weight information is no problem at all, just ask M/s Suzuki from iruiru, she will weigh it for you.
Darker makes nice blades for single ply hinoki, but I don't know about other blades. My 7P2A carbon CHN is not made with enough aesthetical care. The handle is not in line with line of the grain of the wood on the blade face, so it is not nice to look at, the handle being at an angle to the grain line.
i don't care how the blade looks,but on my Darker speed 90,handle i s pretty ugly..not that it has something to do with playing.just a little thing i did not expect to find on a 130$ blade..
i don't know why i bought..there are  blades made by tibhar and juic..also one ply hinoki..i don't regret,i just noticed there is a  price differenceSmile
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2008 at 9:33am
That is a shame actually. High priced blades should be meticulously made so it is nice to look at.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2008 at 9:35am
u kidding me? my J-Speed 90 is definitely beautiful to look at
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
unisonus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unisonus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2008 at 10:14am
My Darker blade is beautiful. Simplicity, quality, and craftsmanship.
Instinct 5ply
RITC 2000 1.8mm
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2008 at 11:22am

That is a shame actually. High priced blades should be meticulously made so it is nice to look at.
yeah..that would be a bonus but not neccessarily a "MUST" for me. How u "perform" or "feel" with the blade in ur hand is the ultimate "goal" for me personally. Both my blades are not aesthetically pleasing  to look @ compare to, say, Bty Mizutani ZL, Amultart, photino or Stiga Hybrid whatever but with any of "them" in my hand to play, i really feel good and confident. But to be honest, Darker blades are generally pretty n of highest quality.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2008 at 7:52pm
Dalamchops, unfortunately it is a fact. I have two Darkers, one is Speed 90 (9mm) which has superb craftmanship, superior to Butterfly, and the other is 7P2A Carbon CHN which looks weird because the handle is not in line with the grain line.
Tiehwen, that reminds me of the reply from Borko against my complain: "Do you want performance or fashion"?

Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2008 at 10:06pm

.....Tiehwen, that reminds me of the reply from Borko against my complain: "Do you want performance or fashion"?
yeah..i must've picked up that line from somewhere, however he does have a point though..also i remember I asked him once abt making a blade based on my favourite Pkorbel's shape n weight, he replied by saying that i should just get a PKorbel instead or look somewhere else, what an attitude! Well, for me there r many blade-makers out there and Ryno, to me, is ta ONE for now. Can't justify to shell out 125.00 to 150.00 USD for a "Raw" looking blade though..my own 2 cents anyway...
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2008 at 10:32pm

My 7P2A carbon CHN is not made with enough aesthetical care. The handle is not in line with line of the grain of the wood on the blade face, so it is not nice to look at, the handle being at an angle to the grain line.

I have a 7p2A-t/Straight Handle. I like the grains on the face of the blade and I like the handle, even though it's a little crude, but the two sides of the handle are not horizontally in-line/parallel to each other on the top. When I draw a pencil mark across the top of the handle on each side, they are no where near matching (am I making sense?). I do this to create a guide for sealing, attaching glue sheet and rubbers.

I haven't played with it yet, but I hope to later this week.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2008 at 1:17am
So you are not fully satisfied either. At least I am not the only one.Wink
Tiehwen, in his mind, we need him and he does not need us. Manufacturer is king, not the customer Tongue
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2008 at 1:56am
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

My 7P2A carbon CHN is not made with enough aesthetical care. The handle is not in line with line of the grain of the wood on the blade face, so it is not nice to look at, the handle being at an angle to the grain line.

I have a 7p2A-t/Straight Handle. I like the grains on the face of the blade and I like the handle, even though it's a little crude, but the two sides of the handle are not horizontally in-line/parallel to each other on the top. When I draw a pencil mark across the top of the handle on each side, they are no where near matching (am I making sense?). I do this to create a guide for sealing, attaching glue sheet and rubbers.

I haven't played with it yet, but I hope to later this week.
tommy,could you please take a couple of shots of the blade?
i will do some ,too.i just don't know if somebody will be interested...i have 7p-2a blade and speed 90 now
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2008 at 2:17am

yeah...agreed w/u there. My 170,000 USD Porsche 911 Turbo (oh..we can all dream!) has wonderful performance n it looks good too!
BTW, my Darker handle, it looks 'raw' but eye-pleasing and also symmetrical.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2008 at 8:37am
Nice! The handle is in line with the line of the grain. This is the correct way to fix the handle. Going off the line would mean careless manufacturing.
It seems that much more people like the 7P2A wood version instead of the carbon version.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2008 at 4:29pm
Does anyone have any information on the 5P-2A?  Is it a slower version of the 7P-2A?
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2008 at 12:53am

Does anyone have any information on the 5P-2A?  Is it a slower version of the 7P-2A?

Yes, it seems that people here have more experience with the 7P-2A instead of 5P-2A.  I don't usually like 7-ply because they are usually stiffer but in this case, I read that 5P-2A is more powerful due to the 2 stronger plies in between the Hinoki.  While for 7P-2A, it's all Hinoki thus less powerful than 5P-2A.  I am curious also about Darker as it is hard to get complete information about them.

Anybody knows the detail of the name?
7P-2A = 7 plies with 2 ....???
5P-2A = 5 plies with 2.....??? 
"A" is certainly not Arylate I guess.
Jpholder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jpholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2008 at 1:33am

Could someone please tell me how good Darker J-Speed 90 is? I know it's single plate hinoki which may give a good feel.  Is it fast? How's control? I am trying to switch from J-Pen (BTY KTS) to C-pen as I want to learn RPB. My choice would be a single plate hinoki so that it won't be too different with my current blade. Thanks. 

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2008 at 4:50am
I have never tried that, but from my various blade having 9 and 10 mm, the J-Speed 90 (8,5 mm) will not be very fast, compared to its older brother 9 and 10 mm hinoki.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2008 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

I am curious also about Darker as it is hard to get complete information about them.

Exactly, if anyone knows what the manufacturer's website is, please share.  I don't seem to find any info in google.

Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2008 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

Yes, it seems that people here have more experience with the 7P-2A instead of 5P-2A.  I don't usually like 7-ply because they are usually stiffer but in this case, I read that 5P-2A is more powerful due to the 2 stronger plies in between the Hinoki.  While for 7P-2A, it's all Hinoki thus less powerful than 5P-2A.  I am curious also about Darker as it is hard to get complete information about them.

Anybody knows the detail of the name?
7P-2A = 7 plies with 2 ....???
5P-2A = 5 plies with 2.....??? 
"A" is certainly not Arylate I guess.

I have a 5P-2A and had also played with the 7P-2A. It is correct that the 5P-2A is more powerful than the 7P-2A.  Read the thread below to get a detailed review from chronos on the 5P-2A.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2008 at 8:31pm
[/QUOTE]

Exactly, if anyone knows what the manufacturer's website is, please share.  I don't seem to find any info in google.

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately until now it is not available.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic