Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Dr Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nashron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nashron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dr Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade
    Posted: 02/03/2008 at 3:57am
i just use this new blade with palio macro pro on fh and butterfly solcion on bh. before this i use stiga offensive cr with sriver mx on fh and solcion on bh.

i found that this blade is very fast compare to my old blade (offensive cr). it doesn't vibrate at all. smashing,counter attack is very easy with this blade.

but it found that returning serves not as easy as before. sometimes when i serves the ball bounces higher than before.

this blade also feel very different when i hit the ball at the sweet spot and outside the sweet spot area. if the ball contact outside the sweet spot area when i am standing far from table.

anyone has any advice how to use this blade?
Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2008 at 5:10am
It's a thick balsa blade, they are totally different from offensive CR. These type of balsa blades have a very soft feel, but high rebound speed, making it very good for blocking hard and hitting/counterhitting, but not so good for looping.

They are commonly used with pimples, as it improves the spin reversal.

I think you need to choose a blade that suits your style, not adjust yuor style to suit the blade...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
nashron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nashron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2008 at 7:19am
thanks for ur opinion. emm it make sense. yep i feel it very easy for counter hitting, blocking but not for looping.

before i buy this blade, when i read abt this blade specification = all round,  i tought that  it is suitable for all kind of strokes.

since using this blade, now i feel my stiga offensive cr too slow for me. my game has not drop much when using this blade, altough feel like i cant loop as good as before but the counter attack using fast blocking and fh smash improves a lot.

with this blade, i also can sometimes produces fast serves.

before this i have been using stiga offensive cr for almost two years. it gives me very good control esp blocking and defense. dr neubauer firewall plus has  give me so much power when i execute the smash. maybe because it is very light also compare to stiga offensive cr.

my stiga offensive cr with sriver max and solcion weight about 179gram. dr neubaeur firewall plus with palio macro pro and solcion weight is 163 gram only.

solcion is 45 gram, sriver around 51 gram and palio macro pro is 54 gram.

with less weight i think i can move faster than before especially when changing from bh to fh or fh to bh.

is there any other blade that use balsa core like this blade but very good for looping also?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic