Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fake Butterfly Rubber

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2011 at 9:10am
colour of the sponge 

back side

tenergy 05 ( not perfect in cutting and shunken)
others got no problems

Edited by liang1983 - 11/23/2011 at 9:13am
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
Sponsored Links

mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2011 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I think if there is a way to pinpoint at some fake tenergy showing cake/porous sponge and get always the same then a player can go for it but what if the variation between a rubber to the next is always so significant one has to adjust strokes every 3 months?
Most Tenergy users I know can make their real Tenergy last more than 6 months; some play with one sheet for a year; the record belongs to that JPEN player (usatt 2000 level or close; all strokes with the same rubber) who changes every year playing 3 to 4 times a week.
I will never buy again any BTY rubber for personal reasons but for those who do not care about a brand or another, the decision to buy real Tenergy or not is based on the question: "what is the value of the confidence that I have a reliable product presenting the same characteristics from one rubber to the next?". I say that value is very high.

+1.
Agree with this.
Consistency is very important.
I am using IQUL rubbers now (i bought 8 total from same batch) but some post made in other thread say that this rubber became different in other batch and i became worried.

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2011 at 5:56am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I think if there is a way to pinpoint at some fake tenergy showing cake/porous sponge and get always the same then a player can go for it but what if the variation between a rubber to the next is always so significant one has to adjust strokes every 3 months?
Most Tenergy users I know can make their real Tenergy last more than 6 months; some play with one sheet for a year; the record belongs to that JPEN player (usatt 2000 level or close; all strokes with the same rubber) who changes every year playing 3 to 4 times a week.
I will never buy again any BTY rubber for personal reasons but for those who do not care about a brand or another, the decision to buy real Tenergy or not is based on the question: "what is the value of the confidence that I have a reliable product presenting the same characteristics from one rubber to the next?". I say that value is very high.

I am afraid it's too strict a requirement to ask of those knock-off factories, when even a genuine quality brand like Butterfly that claims "World Leading Quality" has trouble meeting that expectation.

While consistency may be the ultimate goal we all hope for in just about anything, in mass-production quantity has priority over quality.  The same goes for every thing in this world.  Take for example the eletronics, during its product lifecycle inside your gaming console the motherboard and the chips on it can go under multiple revisions that mostly involve simplification with one major purpose - to reduce the manufacturing costs while at the time increase production volume.

This applies to all brands, not just Butterfly.  Your best bet in getting the best quality in a product is probably starting with the second or third batch after its first release in the market, as the first batch can sometimes contain or reveal imperfections during production. This continues well into the first year after release while market share is building and anything after that is anyone's guess.

Edited by zeio - 11/24/2011 at 6:07am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic