FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Beginner's Blade Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2009 at 4:49pm
I really liked the cheapest Mark V Paddle Palace combo.  You can get a Mark V blade and Mark V (or other rubbers) for $74.  That is tough to beat and it worked well for me.  
Sponsored Links

tolsenbb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tolsenbb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2009 at 9:21pm
Why don't beginners want the spinniest racket available?  Shouldn't that help them hit it hard with more spin easier?  Since their skill probably doesn't allow them to hit it with that much spin...
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2009 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Originally posted by tthustler123 tthustler123 wrote:

i am a beginner and have little knowledge on the different kinds of blades, since i have only played with one quality one that i got of of ebay (of course haha). i'm looking for a blade with rubbers/sponge that is under $60, and is good for a beginner who likes to play aggresively with lots of topspin. any suggestions? thanks

For $50 in the US you can get a complete combo from colestt.com - you can try Galaxy T-7, or Dawei Wavestone, or Galaxy W-6. If you are willing to pay $70 you can get yourself a superb blade in Galaxy K-4 or K-6 (Timo Boll Sprit or Maze clone). That includes two rubbers (let's say Inspirit Quattro plus Galaxy Venus) and a paddle case. For attackers like you Zeropong.com recommends CTTA Carbon Flex for $32 (but you will need to add two rubbers to that... which will add up to exactly $60) or entire combo for $45 (Gambler Carbon Arylate with two 4 Kings rubbers).

ya, price at cole is ok;  he does not rip you off. I paid $60 for a no-name chinese blade + 2 x 729 regular rubbers Cry. For beginner, I think FocusIII is better.
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
ddaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2009 at 2:35am

whats the difference between a beginning player and intermidate one? Is it rating or skill level?

seattle player
TBS
V6
729 training blade ;)
LYN... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LYN... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2009 at 8:04am
When I started last year, I used a Prince hobby bat.  I did not even know about other carbon blades.  It does not even have an ITTF on it.
I really am was a beginner, knowing nothing at all about the table tennis world.
I have searched, played in different playing areas, meet new friends who are players for so many years, joined tournaments, etc.
Then I enjoyed trying different blades such as: Stiga Tube Def, Schlager carbon, Primo Vitesse, VSG, photino, gergely, sardius, amultart, jun mizutani, etc.
At present, I am contented with my Ishlion ULC plus T64 and T25.
Beginner's blade can be a hobby bat or a wood blade first then when he feels that he needs to shift to a faster blade, a carbon is next in line for him.
Cool

http://georgeatun.sulit.com.ph
Rapidity is the essence of war: Take advantage of
    the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes,
    & attack unguarded spots.-Sun Tsu's Art of War
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2009 at 8:30am
Originally posted by tolsenbb tolsenbb wrote:

Why don't beginners want the spinniest racket available?  Shouldn't that help them hit it hard with more spin easier?  Since their skill probably doesn't allow them to hit it with that much spin...

Because beginners don't understand ball spin very well.  If I gave you a powerless setup with thin Hurricane rubbers, you will probably have the spinniest setup and hit the hardest and still land balls.  But the problem is, you'll have a field day if I'm on the other side serving.  I'll give you so many different serves, you'll want to quit tt. LOL

Not only that, beginners can't loop underspin, even if its light.

I've almost always started out with Chinese rubbers and had it much harder than the euro/jap rubber users at my club.  But to me, I'll be better in the long run as I have a better understand of spin and such.  That was when I was a straight out beginner, now they pay the price as I toy with them in short game Evil%20Smile
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2009 at 11:03am
Beggining is the most fun you will get, before this game becomes serious
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
JanOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2009 at 9:47am
I can't decide to which blade will be my first custom made bat:

- Butterfly Primorac
- Butterfly Grubba
- Stiga Allround Tube
- Appelgreen Allplay

I've read a lot about this on forums and other table tennis sites.
Is Maze Advanced ALL+ (7ply) is similar than the above blades?
I think I'll use both side Sriver L.
I like offensive playing with topspin and hitting.

Which one would be the best for me?
Thanks.
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2009 at 10:31am
Originally posted by JanOW JanOW wrote:

I can't decide to which blade will be my first custom made bat:

- Butterfly Primorac
- Butterfly Grubba
- Stiga Allround Tube
- Appelgreen Allplay

I've read a lot about this on forums and other table tennis sites.
Is Maze Advanced ALL+ (7ply) is similar than the above blades?
I think I'll use both side Sriver L.
I like offensive playing with topspin and hitting.

Which one would be the best for me?
Thanks.

I think you should create a new thread so that more people can help you on it.

I also dont think you can go wrong with any of them.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
lovemagicworld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovemagicworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2011 at 5:27am
is clipper for improving players?
zzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2011 at 5:52am
Originally posted by lovemagicworld lovemagicworld wrote:

is clipper for improving players?

No, too stiff and too fast.
Virtuoso+ :: Mark V :: Mark V
liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2011 at 5:56am
Butterfly Yuki Series II (2 sheets Flextra) = Ringgit Malaysia 79.90
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
RyKnocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyKnocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2011 at 9:55am
I would go for a Galaxy M6 or W6 with Dawei IQUL rubber from colestt.com.  For $60 you can get a very awesome setup that'll play just as well as the higher priced BTY blades.
lovemagicworld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovemagicworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2011 at 11:34am
kasumi basic?

shay2be View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shay2be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2011 at 3:08pm
the juic kalinic is a great choice too!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2011 at 3:52pm
I second the W6. Great blade to learn looping.

Was considering Kasumi Basic for a beginner, but maybe it's a little too fast. Would pair it with Flextra or Micro 1.7mm. Nittaku does not rate it as being fast, but Latika (which is a bigger Kasumi) is decidedly rated OFF.
Any comments?
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
flash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2011 at 4:42am
Bty Petr Korbel it's a great choise...also Bty Oh Sang Eun it's very good...
Viscaria, FL

T05 hard, 2,1 mm, black, fh
T05 hard, 2,1 mm, red, bh.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2011 at 9:04pm
Primorac is a bit fast for a beginner unless thinner medium speed rubber is used(1.5). A better choice is A. Grubba or Grubba Pro models, as they provide longer dwell time and better control. For a real bargain by all means contact Cole's, he can build the perfect setup for low bucks. Wink
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

i rock View Drop Down
Forum Flooder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2011 at 9:22pm
how about a beginner or amateur buys timo boll spirit or schlager carbon etc....... and goes for coaching everyday for about a month or 2 will it b okay
and by the way is old gergerly good for beginners not the alpha one

mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2011 at 2:42am
i own and use a gergely for a good 14 years its my second blade after using stiga AR for 3 months, for a total beginner it maybe too fast, my coach then convinced me to shift back to stiga AR so i used AR for another year before totally switching to gergely,  ive seen beginners using TBS and they learned to adapt and of course coaching helped but in my opinion better to start with an allround blade, SC is on a total different level, that blade is too fast even schlager does not use that blade and not  recommended for beginners (IMHO)
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2011 at 3:00am
Originally posted by i rock i rock wrote:

how about a beginner or amateur buys timo boll spirit or schlager carbon etc....... and goes for coaching everyday for about a month or 2 will it b okay

I was talking to a guy that uses a carbon blade, he's been playing more than 20 years but only became a very high level player in the last few years. He told me he has been using a carbon blade for a long time but it had ruined his game and that the reason he's a better player now is that he went back to an all round blade and took serious coaching for a few years THEN went back to a carbon blade. This is coming from a guy that plays like 2400 US and would have been 2100 before going back to an all round and getting coaching
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2011 at 5:54am
Originally posted by i rock i rock wrote:

it will be fantastic...for your coach :D
2 hours every day x 7 days x 9 weeks x 20$ = 2520$ . But you will have to continue to be coached (because still 50% of your shots will not be good enough) for at least two years, it's then 29200 $
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
i rock View Drop Down
Forum Flooder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2011 at 12:50pm
wht about the  gergerly 21 and the old 1 is suitable for beginners

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2011 at 6:49pm
No they're not. Any blade faster than OFF- is not suitable for beginners.
You may get used to play with them, but you will most likely not develop a good technique.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
grotik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grotik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 11:59am
Hi all
Can you guys help me, my Q is. How is this combo for a beginner?  Should i change something? Thank you. 

STIGA Offensive Classic
FH: Yasaka Mark V - 1.8
BH: Yasaka Mark V - 1.8
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic