Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE CLIPPER CLUB!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2012 at 7:51pm
jsut one clipper wood St from 6 year ago.

one of the guys i know ranked 30 in the country jsut bought 2 clipper woods from germany which were made for the german national team back in the 80s and they are setting him back about 300 euro for both of them
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
Sponsored Links

Zhaoyang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zhaoyang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2012 at 4:12pm
Clipper Classic Legend (6.8mm, 94g).

I recently bought a Mazunov (6.8mm, 105g, very hard). It is a fine piece of wood. It feels more like solid hardwood than any other blade I've owned, and its tone is only very slightly lower than a T-4. It feels harder to me than a T-11+ too. It improved my perspective on my Clipper. I had read reviews that the Clipper is softer, but I have little experience and didn't know how much difference it would make. Now, I've tried three different new sets of rubber on these two blades, and the difference is clear in my mind. The Clipper lets the ball sink into the rubber noticeably more. This works great with 729 and H3 Neo.
There remains the option of trying softer rubber on the Mazunov, but I like hard rubber and sweeping.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2012 at 5:04pm
I sense that, after reading all these threads re: Clipper Woods, majority of these blades are quite heavy way way over 90g & some are even like over 100g, even the older models we could see on the FS section.
I'm lucky to have mine @ 85-86g which may be to some abnormal. To me, this Clipper is really nice & powerful enough which makes me just want to skip/forget all those Composites of mine which should be happily sitting idle in my "shoe boxes". The only few exceptions I still would play with would be Photino, old TBS, TB ALC, old MMaze, old Viscaria or/and may be old KLHSp....& others. Big smile
Clipper is 1 of my very "few" blades, while playing w/it, makes me forget wanting to play with others. The thought of "Shall I play this or that on Sat. or Sun....?" does not apply/exist.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2012 at 1:42pm
i bought a Clipper CR (non wrb)...haven't got delivery yet. 

i'm very new to stiga wood blades... particularly the extremely confusing clipper and offensive series. guys i didn't see much Clipper CR in this thread... mostly clipper classic or clipper wood.

Is Clipper CR the same thing..? or different?

Edited by debraj - 12/17/2012 at 1:48pm
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2012 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

i bought a Clipper CR (non wrb)...haven't got delivery yet. 

i'm very new to stiga wood blades... particularly the extremely confusing clipper and offensive series. guys i didn't see much Clipper CR in this thread... mostly clipper classic or clipper wood.

Is Clipper CR the same thing..? or different?

If you haven't play with thick 7-ply blade, then clipper CR will feel like a brick, and you may hate it, as there is very little feed back.  It is also quite hard, and fast.  I couldn't play with it at all, and hated all thick 7-ply blade, because of it.  Only after I play with the Rosewood VII for a few months, , and learn to appriciate the stiffer blade, I can now see why Clipper CR is a good blade.  I think the Clipper Wood is better than the CR, unless you really need that extra power, and don't mind giving up a little control.

Edited by mhnh007 - 12/18/2012 at 9:02am
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2012 at 5:46pm
hmm i see.. 

i played with thick blades earlier.. but mostly composite. recently i love composites below 5.9mm or wood below 6.4mm . i thought clipper CR is 6.25mm? or am i dreaming?
vid1
Vid 2
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2012 at 6:53pm
Clippers whether they're CR, Classic or WRB are always thick like 6.8mm, no?
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2012 at 7:58pm
http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=7699

look at rockphish2's comment.

also:

http://powerpingpong.livejournal.com/1879.html

clipper cr non wrb - 6.25
clipper cr wrb - 5.8

isnt that true?

Edited by debraj - 12/17/2012 at 8:00pm
vid1
Vid 2
Slade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2012 at 9:00pm
Are modern Clippers (or CR) still the gold standard? I want to get a good 7-Ply. Anything better to get?
USATT 1700 ··· 11/02/2013   ◄ ПЕШ
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2012 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

Clippers whether they're CR, Classic or WRB are always thick like 6.8mm, no?
Yes. They are both 6.8mm.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic