Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Too Many Blades... Too Little Time.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Too Many Blades... Too Little Time.....
    Posted: 05/22/2008 at 12:01pm
Here are my new Xiom blades: Amadeus, Ignito, Aria, Fuga, Jazz. Feast your eyes on 'em boys & girls...

Finally, all my blades altogether... One big happy family...

On the right hand side, the four cpens are homestay members. They are my uncle's cpens which I'm helping him sell. 
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 12:19pm
Very Sickening pictures! Shocked
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 12:21pm
You are crazy, man...

How much time do you spend playing? are you sure you want spend all that time testing the blades or perhaps you'd rather worked on your technique?

On the other hand, they all look so tempting... that's why women like shopping... and why men like ogling the girls who walk by... gotta fight the dark instincts!
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 12:31pm
I use Hurricane King for my training sessions (with formal coach).

So far this is the system that I'm trying to implement:
1. Week 1: training with Hurricane King two times a week (a little over an hour each time). Meanwhile, testing new blade four times a week (four times a week excluding training).
2. Week 2: exclusively training & playing with Hurricane King.
And so on...

So far I've only tried the Ignito (one week = four times at 2-3 hours each). This past week I've been playing with HK exclusively. Next week I'll start on a new blade.

I figure that one week = 8-12 hours for each blade is a good amount of time for first impressions. I'll revisit each blade later after I'm through with all of them.

One down more to go..... Wink

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 1:10pm

Man - That is what I would call "Torture". :))  Nice collection!

Mr. Cermet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Cermet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 2:03pm
Why do you have so many blades? How many hands do you have?

I have two blades, my old one (Xiom Athena Gold RSM Special) and my new one (Xiom Athena Platinum RSM Special) but I can play with only one.
Nittaku Septear Cpen

fh. BTY T05 2,1
RPB. BTY T64 2,1

My Videos!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/LeeJungWoo123456789
BrunodeDanann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrunodeDanann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 5:00pm
if someday you get bored of all this blades, you could give me one, i'd accept for sure.
just kidding =P
Harimoto ALC
HUrricane 3
Vega asia
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 5:05pm
dear god, xiom art collector here!
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 5:39pm
someday you will sell them to usBig%20smile
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
apekzhrk View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apekzhrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 5:47pm
thats.
alot.
of.
money. . . . .
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 5:53pm
By the way, why did you decide to collect Xiom blades in particular - just for the artistic value?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 6:08pm
how much you want
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by nittakuball nittakuball wrote:

how much you want
LOL crack me up so bad. I bet he's not gonna sell these just yet...may be in another 20 or so years time...In the meantime, Nittaku...get ur own blades urself, LOL...If I want to collect blades, I go for 1 ply of Darkers, Kokus n other rare gems IMO...
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 6:54pm
Wow..... 

I have four blades...
hallur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hallur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 7:06pm
The logo on the blades surface, on the xiom blades, looks just like Oakland Raiders� logo from faraway
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 7:37pm
What are the 2 blades under HWL and HKing?  It looks like Sanwei and ....???

What are the descriptions of all Xioms you have?  Are they all-wood?  I am not too familiar with Xiom, only knows Amadeus, Amati, Stradi, Maximum, Control series.
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 11:49pm
5 ply (3 wood + 2 carbon)
Ignito FL:    hinoki-energy/zeta carbon-kiri-energy/zeta carbon-hinoki

7 ply All Wood
Amadeus FL (All+): hinoki-limba-ayous-ayous-ayous-limba-hinoki

5 ply All Wood
Aria FL, ST (Off): limba-spruce-ayous-spruce-limba        
Fuga FL, ST (Off-): koto-spruce-ayous-spruce-koto        
Jazz FL, ST (All+): hinoki-koto-ayous-koto-hinoki        

I'll add reviews for each blade one by one and will make a new thread for it. I'll post my first impressions on the Ignito tonight along with more detailed pictures of the blade (wood constructions, top ply, etc).

At first I was only thinking about getting one blade (either Amadeus or Maximus), but then I ended with all these blades. When I first going through them I was impressed with the blades quality. The finishing is great. One little quirk is the logo (where the plastic logo is embedded) on the handle is not cut very straight, but it's very small and kind of hard to make perfect cut on it. I was just being picky there. I would put the finishing of the blade at close to 100%, less a few point for the logo area. The Amadues is rough on the sides of the head. I think partly because it's manufactured in Sweden. It's rough like Stiga blades, but unlike Stiga blades, there are no visible out of place wood grain or what-you-call-it small pieces of wood that aren't being fully sanded down. The Amadeus's roughness is visible but not like because of poor production steps but seems like it's done/left that way. You'll see the difference when you look at the close-up picture of them later on.

I'll test the Amadeus next so I'll put up the photos tonight for you to see in comparison with the Ignito (which has smooth finish like the rest of the blades).

The two blades under HWL & HK are Sanwei V5 and Dawei Wavestone (with additional tape on the handle).

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
metalone View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2008 at 12:40pm
rokphish - that is a lot of Xiom's.  I only have three - LOL.  The one thing that I noticed on all the blades are the sharp edges.  I am used to playing with the Speed90 and the thickness and rounded edges are much more rounded.
Gave up listing, too many changes.
Blade - Yes
BH - Rubber Red
FH - Rubber Black
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2008 at 1:40pm
Rokphish,

You have too many XIOM blades. You should try other brands as well. Not all XIOM are great. It is the same case for other brands as well.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2008 at 2:27pm
waz that under the PKorbel? Looks like a Jonyer....my guess.
If I were to collect/own a Xiom, it'd be that Xiom RSM Athena Platinum Jpen, that's it...well...the rest...nah..nah...just my own selfish $0.02...
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2008 at 10:57pm
@Rokphish,

I am just wondering since you own HKing and then all those Xioms, aren't you tempted to try Accoustic / Violin?  I mean that with the money to buy those Xioms, probably you can settle with Accoustic, if it is as good as people here are saying.
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2008 at 11:43pm
Actually, as far as sharp edges go... I dont have problem with it. A friend of mine who were trying it made a comment about the sharpness on his thumb. But another friend doesnt. I guess it depends on how you hold it. So far with the ignito i dont have to sand down the handle as i did with korbel and wavestone (both for roughness and sharp edges).

I'm tempted with acoustic/violin too... But have backlogs on the blades to try so it's gonna have to wait. Still have amadeus, aria, fuga, & jazz to try. Plus my 1 ply kokutaku which will arrive early next month...

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2008 at 11:46pm
Oh, right... It's Jonyer Hinoki under the Korbel.

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2008 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by tdragon tdragon wrote:

Rokphish,

You have too many XIOM blades. You should try other brands as well. Not all XIOM are great. It is the same case for other brands as well.

Agree. But the aria/fuga/jazz are said to be quite a hit at the market there. Fuga is said to be designed/targeted for chinese players. Aria is said to be similar with korbel but more powerful. Amadeus is the fruit of the designer of clipper wood... I was going to try stigas but the roughness/finish quality bugged me. I might try Hybrid Wood though. My coach is using it. I could use his for a training session or two...

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
fortunateluck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fortunateluck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2008 at 12:51am
I am sorry to say this, .. but I have a lot more blades.. I might come close to owning the most number of worthless blades - well, not exactly worthless.. just not being used. almost all of them J-pen, in many variations of shapes, style, etc., and 1 C-pen. 2 of them are still brand new in a box, one of them is Rorin 10.5mm, and the other is Nittaku WangHao C-pen.

I gave some away when I was briefly in S. Korea. Koreans love free stuff, and they play J-pen a lot. But, here not many people play J-pen.

I am good at buying, just not good at selling.. and this is just my table tennis stuff. I dont even wanna get into the other stuff.. It will be a major undertaking for me to move... cleaning out my garage stands as the biggest challenge to date. One day, some of it will be an antique that might have some value to collectors. Heck, the entire garage might be turned into an antique shop.

I am.. umm.. kind of embarassed..
lol.

rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2008 at 1:08am
You dont have to wait for them to be antiques... I'm sure even now many (me included) would be interested in your collections. Quite many jpen players here as well. You could show us "The List"... =)

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2008 at 1:10am
Also the numbers of blades i have is pale in comparison to many others even here in this forum...

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
hedgehog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2008 at 12:12am
Hi rokphish! (I'm Jeremy.)

I'm very happy to hear that you like these blades.

About the combination you are trying now ......
Umm ...... Ignito+H3p ...... I have no confidence.

I recommend trying the combination with German TENSOR rubbers.
A.R.T.E. Table Tennis Engineering

- XIOM BLADE DEVELOPMENT -
- SOUND & VIBRATION ENGINEERING -
kei123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kei123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2008 at 12:19am
what is the blade on the lower right corner? marlin carbon?
hedgehog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2008 at 12:21am
Hello everyone!

I'm the developer of new XIOM blades. I have developed them for three years, and from now on more blades will appear on the market.

In the development I focused especially on the energy efficiency and feel at players' hand. And, the combination with German TENSOR rubbers such as OMEGA II is one of the main focus of new blades. Of course it is the preparation of the speed glue ban from this September.

The design of handle is another main focus of development. Straight and Flared handles are completely re-designed based on ergonomics.

If you have any question about XIOM blades, please mail me or post a new topic on this board.
A.R.T.E. Table Tennis Engineering

- XIOM BLADE DEVELOPMENT -
- SOUND & VIBRATION ENGINEERING -
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic