Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Racket of Zhang Jike?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
filipo123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filipo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Racket of Zhang Jike?
    Posted: 05/30/2008 at 11:19am
Does anyone know, what he is playing with?
Sponsored Links

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2008 at 11:48am
Please put all questions like this in the what do pros use thread. Thank you.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
gene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2008 at 12:16pm
BTY VIS

f/h: H3
b/h: ???
Acoustic F/h: globe999(black)
B/h: Bryce FX(red)
filipo123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filipo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2008 at 12:29pm
thanks, what does vis mean?
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2008 at 12:32pm
Viscaria, from Butterfly.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2008 at 12:58pm
The bh looked like sriver, but I couldn't get a clear look.
YEO

Boost TP
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2008 at 12:59pm
I think I have heard alot about how the Chinese love Viscaria+H3+Sriver.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
gnopgnipster View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2008 at 6:27pm
I believe Zhang Jike plays with a special blade that plays completely different from the retail version. This is not a revelation and has been discussed in MYTT.net before. I fail to see why people go nuts over the retail versions of what the pros use, even "track them," when they are an illusion. Today, if you want a real blade, buy one that is hand-made. 
Cheers!

Hardbat: Valor Champion/FH/BH-Valor Premier-OX

Regular:Valor Big Stick FH-Apollo II & BH-Globe 979 OX

sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2008 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by gnopgnipster gnopgnipster wrote:

I believe Zhang Jike plays with a special blade that plays completely different from the retail version. This is not a revelation and has been discussed in MYTT.net before. I fail to see why people go nuts over the retail versions of what the pros use, even "track them," when they are an illusion. Today, if you want a real blade, buy one that is hand-made. 
Cheers!

Ok, if you make one that is an exact copy of the blade Jike uses.
YEO

Boost TP
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2008 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by sprite sprite wrote:

Cheers!

........??? (Please complete your thought, otherwise it is an incomplete sentence).

sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2008 at 8:17pm
Today, if you want a real blade, buy one that is hand-made.

www.valortabletennis.com

Complete your own thought; what makes a hand-made blade a "real" blade?

And what then is a factory blade, if not a "real" blade?

YEO

Boost TP
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2008 at 8:24pm
I agree with sprite, and if its a handmade blade, then that means it could be crap, where as anything from butterfly, or nittaku, is top quality.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
BHDoom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BHDoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2008 at 8:38pm
plugs his own company and then goes all grammar police on someone (no punctuation or sentence structure intended)
BTY Viscaria FL

FH: Black BTY T05 2.1

BH: Red BTY T64 2.1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2008 at 10:18pm

Cheers!

........??? (Please complete your thought, otherwise it is an incomplete sentence).
Alright, my first sentence compares blades made by a major manufacturer. Same blade, but two versions. Retail and pro. For example. I own two versions of a Butterfly Joo se Hyuk blade. One that is sold retail, and the other which is used by the player. The only similarity is the blade shape and the plastic piece that has the brand and manufacturer's name. Can someone then please tell me which of these two blades is the real one? They are completely different, yet they are both Joo Se Hyuk blades. They even play completely different!
My second sentence is self explanatory, I hope.
When you buy a handmade blade you are getting a real blade. It is a unique blade that does not have a strage, completely different twin out there. The materials I use in my blades are hand-chosen and are known woods. I do not use unknown material to make handles. I use woods that are expensive and very comfortable to the grip. I hope a have clarified my points for those that did not understand them. If this is too much reading without pictures, there are many articles posted in this website that show blades used by the pros which are totally different from their retail twins.

sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2008 at 10:26pm
You are full of crap, gnopgnipster.
YEO

Boost TP
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2008 at 10:58pm

You are full of crap, gnopgnipster.
Why? Refute what I have said.

dimitris View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimitris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2008 at 12:52am

Cheers!

Alright, my first sentence compares blades made by a major manufacturer. Same blade, but two versions. Retail and pro. For example. I own two versions of a Butterfly Joo se Hyuk blade. One that is sold retail, and the other which is used by the player. The only similarity is the blade shape and the plastic piece that has the brand and manufacturer's name. Can someone then please tell me which of these two blades is the real one? They are completely different, yet they are both Joo Se Hyuk blades. They even play completely different!
My second sentence is self explanatory, I hope.
When you buy a handmade blade you are getting a real blade. It is a unique blade that does not have a strage, completely different twin out there. The materials I use in my blades are hand-chosen and are known woods. I do not use unknown material to make handles. I use woods that are expensive and very comfortable to the grip. I hope a have clarified my points for those that did not understand them. If this is too much reading without pictures, there are many articles posted in this website that show blades used by the pros which are totally different from their retail twins.

Your arguments are shallow. Even if your first paragraph is true, for which you have not presented any real evidence, the second paragraph does not prove anything. It could very well be that every "strange and completely different twin" out there outperforms every hand made blade out there. And although I do not believe this last sentence, I do not have any reason to believe your argument as well...

Let other people judge your work. Your own opinion is bound to be biased and profit-driven.
Darker Tanpan, fh 729 higher 2.0mm, bh 729 geospin 2.0mm

My for sale thread
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2008 at 7:03am
Its a personal choice. A handmade blade is unique. So if it fits you, then you will likely never have to buy another one except to replace it.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic