Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

DHS Hurricane 3 vs DHS Hurricane 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which rubbers from DHS is superior?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [8.00%]
0 [0.00%]
30 [60.00%]
1 [2.00%]
0 [0.00%]
15 [30.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Kenred2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenred2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS Hurricane 3 vs DHS Hurricane 2
    Posted: 05/02/2005 at 2:32am
Hey, some of you guys remembered me, well I ordered 2x-Hurricane 3 in 2.2mm and 2.0mm sponge both in BLACK rubber.  When I checked back to the site (www.ping-pong.com) where I ordered those rubber, I checked out Hurricane 2.  I can't help it which one is better, since I do assume these rubbers are NOT "NATIONAL" quality editions.  I also did check several websites and realized that the Spin and speed of a Hurricane 2 is vast superior than Hurricane 3 by spin.  Please let me know which rubber is better for FAST competitive play.  I've heard several good and bad from BOTH of these Hurricane rubbers.  Please, go ahead and explain your opinion about your experience on the Hurricane 3 or 2, it would not only help me, but it would help others out there who wants to make up their mind on purchasing one of them.
ALL of my shakehand flared customs:
1st:
729 Dynasty Hinoki Carbon->FH:SriverG2-BH:Bryce (BOTH 2.1mm sponge)
2nd:
729 Zebra Carbon Hinoki Transformer->FH:SriverG2-BH:Juic Varites (BOTH MAX sponge)
Sponsored Links

yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2005 at 6:17am

yet another hurricane topic *sigh*

i vote for H3 national...because thats what i play with and its quite easy to control

clipper
magna
hammond
Kenred2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenred2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2005 at 12:23pm

THanks Yulske. But can ANYONE tell me which Hurricane rubber is better, BESIDES THE NATIONAL VERSION.  Since, I've seen the forums that they state it feels godly on the court. >.<

ALL of my shakehand flared customs:
1st:
729 Dynasty Hinoki Carbon->FH:SriverG2-BH:Bryce (BOTH 2.1mm sponge)
2nd:
729 Zebra Carbon Hinoki Transformer->FH:SriverG2-BH:Juic Varites (BOTH MAX sponge)
khvn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khvn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2005 at 4:30pm

With so much variation in the quality of H2/H3 rubbers (National vs. non-national, etc) and the aggravation of how to find the right version, why don't you guys get Frienship 729 and spare yourselves all the headache? It's known to be very similar to H3 and many Chinese pro's have used it.

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2005 at 4:41pm

I think I may be of help.

H2 is very different from h3.  It's a more traditional chinese topsheet.  Stiffer and stickier.  The sponge is harder too (42deg vs 39).  So it favors the chinese serve/attack close to the table 3rd ball style.  I guess it would be a little spinnier on pushes and maybe seres.

H3 is goign to be softer and slightly less tacky (still very tacky.)  And lighter.  It will loop better and produce more topspin due to the softer sponge.

Hope that helps!

Trino View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2005 at 4:46pm
how u know if you have the national or comercial version
holoclothes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holoclothes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2005 at 6:38pm

if it came in an official package you have the commercial version

if it didn't come in a package you have the national version and you ordered it from a dealer that has access to those "inner block" sponges

"If I had a gun, there'd be no tomorrow"
BLADE: Yasaka Neptune
FH: Yasaka New Era

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holoclothes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2005 at 6:38pm
oh yeah and there is a national version for H2 also
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2005 at 7:02pm

I got 3 samples once that were kind of a different "sp" topsheet (wangnan), lighter and stickier, over a hand marked and stamped dhs #22 sponge.  Zeropong got them from 729.  I guess they were national team leftovers.  Also something marked "specialty hrs blue" under the same topsheets.  And 3 unknown jap sponges.

Wasn't fond of any except the jap sponges.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holoclothes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2005 at 8:24pm
yeah you sold me two of those, the HRS one plays nicely but the #22 sponge one was a little low throw, even for me
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2005 at 9:10pm

Originally posted by holoclothes holoclothes wrote:

yeah you sold me two of those, the HRS one plays nicely but the #22 sponge one was a little low throw, even for me

Oh yeah, I thought I recognized your equipment.  Hard to keep track of everybody.  Somebody on that "what do you use" thread doesn't believe I have a prototype ayous/hinoki blade. 

yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2005 at 9:55pm
i know a guy whos got a full ayous blade which is like 1cm thick and its all+
clipper
magna
hammond
smittysan89 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittysan89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2005 at 10:42pm
cole i need to consult you sometime....i will try to hit you up on msn or something
Butterfly Petr Korbel FL
FH: Mendo MP 2.0
BH: Mendo MP 2.0
hohenadel View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hohenadel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2005 at 10:37am

Does anyone know how I can get the H3 National Team version and how much it would cost me?

Blade- DHS CW-A
FH- Globe 999t on Cannon
BH- Higher on Transcend
carlosfz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosfz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2005 at 9:34am
bslater5 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bslater5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2005 at 11:15am
I voted for the 2.0 H3 Commercial. I might prefer the national team version, but will likely never see any...

bes
handsometrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsometrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2005 at 9:55pm
national rubber is the best
yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2005 at 11:09pm
its a good forehand rubber...and get the biggest sponge you can.
clipper
magna
hammond
checkmilu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checkmilu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2005 at 11:29am

National or commercial version are just the same thing. except national ones have stamps as sponsored by manufacturers. Remember all rubers rolled off assembly lines inwhich raw material and prodction process are automated. The differnces just depend on inevitable manufacturing deviations.

we should aware that some enthusiasts are trying to create rumours and myths. It's not true. Stop it. do not try to confuse curious tt players.

milu
DocC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DocC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2005 at 12:13pm
Ha Ha, now I am confused..
zenmaster742 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zenmaster742 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2005 at 12:00am
I've used both rubbers and I really think Hurricane II is better. Hurricane III had too high a throw angle for my taste, even though I always drive the ball. Also, it was MUCH harder to smash with than hurricane II. For some reason it was more difficult to hit the ball flat than with other rubbers. It's a little harder but with glue it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dynamic with excelent touch. Overall I think Hurricane II has more controll, with even more power on loop drives.
nerdykid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nerdykid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2005 at 12:17am
Haven't played with H3 yet, but Hurricane II plays a lot like G888, except with lighter weight, and not as fast when unglued.
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2005 at 10:14am

Originally posted by nerdykid nerdykid wrote:

Haven't played with H3 yet, but Hurricane II plays a lot like G888, except with lighter weight, and not as fast when unglued.

kinda, they both have brick hard sponges, h3 is better in my opinion

yusuke86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yusuke86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2005 at 1:44pm
never tried H2 but H3's.. all the series aint bad~
Blade: Butterfly Fukuhara Ai-FL
FH: DHS H3 2.15 Red
BH: Butterfly Cermet
lilactime031 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilactime031 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2005 at 4:40am
...H2 has some iterresting elements... the top spin is with low arc and realy confuse your oponent plus it has great serve and top spin to top spin at the table , very very good, but is ver bad for smash...
e-pingpongshop
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2007 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by lilactime031 lilactime031 wrote:

...H2 has some iterresting elements... the top spin is with low arc and realy confuse your oponent plus it has great serve and top spin to top spin at the table , very very good, but is ver bad for smash...

That's quite true. It is rather difficult to hit the ball flat or smash the ball, but it is very easy to counter-drive/counter-loop with it.

I wonder were to buy the h2 nat version, any hints!?
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2007 at 10:36pm
H3-Provincial is the best I've tried of the Hurricane line. I haven't tried the National. I used H2 for a few months and hated it. My second favorite DHS FH Rubber is the Skyline TG2, next is theh G666, then the commerical H3.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2007 at 11:36pm
i've tried the commercial h3 2.2, i don't glue so it might be a different story for others who glue, i feel that it's a very good all round rubber, it doesn't do anything great, but it does everything well.  decent speed and spin, has 2 gears that allow for transition between offense and blocking.
my favorite rubber so far is skyline tg2 2.2mm 41 degrees, offensive power is incredible, for the way i play at least.  transitional graze looping still has good offensive power, it's high arcing, but has tremendous spin, usually looks delicious for my opponent, but their smashes fly 6 to 7 times outta 10.  for kill shot loop drives, i'm able to create the low arc, at the same time, it demonstrated incredible speed, i've been told that with this rubber, my loop drives are not any less speedy than the gluers', and it's usually more spinny.  beware that there are more than one version of the skyline 2 and 3's though.  the skyline 3 2.2mm 41 degrees that my friend uses is also great, it had more speed and less spin in comparison with skyline 2 for me, but the skyline 3 2.2mm 39 degrees that i used before wasn't very outstanding, granted it was still a very good rubber, felt more like an all rounder in comparison, but the spin and speed was just all on a lower level, it didn't even look or feel like it had the same top sheet as my friend's skyline 3.
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2007 at 12:14am
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

H3-Provincial is the best I've tried of the Hurricane line. I haven't tried the National. I used H2 for a few months and hated it. My second favorite DHS FH Rubber is the Skyline TG2, next is theh G666, then the commerical H3.

Tommy I've noticed that H3-P unglued has a remarkable cracking sound (when looping hard) I've found in any chinese rubbers

Faris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2007 at 3:21am
hello. im using hurricane 3 national edition(bought from Beijing). it is have more comparison between commercial ed.

the feel when looping is more than comm.

Blade :: Kong LingHui SP
FH     ::  Hurricane 3 National Ed.
BH     ::  Dawei Inspirit
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic