Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inspirit Quattro Ultralight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
cougar3219 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cougar3219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inspirit Quattro Ultralight
    Posted: 09/04/2008 at 11:06pm
Hi all, can anyone tell me what rubbers are simular to the Inspirit Quattro Ultralight ?
I know it has speed glue affect but i just wanted to know if it compared to any of the more well know brands like Butterfly Donic ect...

FH Rubber: Donic Baracuda

BH Rubber: Donic Baracuda Big Slam

Blade: Stratus Power Wood (an)

FH Rubber: Donic Baracuda

BH Rubber: Donic Baracuda
Sponsored Links

Hefner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hefner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 3:29am
You gotta love the ultra light!
I'm giving up the regular version since I think the ultra light is better allround I think
Butterfly Maze Off
Stiga Boost TC both sides

Hefner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hefner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 3:30am
You gotta love the ultra light!
I'm giving up the regular version since I think the ultra light is better allround I think!

Would be interesting hearing what rubbers are similar, I think Cole talked about that Joola Mambo is similar....
Butterfly Maze Off
Stiga Boost TC both sides

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 12:14pm
The first batch was really thin like mambo, but too many people had problems.  So after that it got thickened up a bit.  The first batch was like 52g uncut.  Now it's like 58-60.  The regular version is around 68-70.

Probably it does play better now and it's definitely more durable.  Now instead of thin as mambo, now it's more like a standard euro topsheet...say coppa thickness. For me, I was able to keep the ultra thin working nice, but too many people had problems.  Problems have been virtually non-existant since.

So now I would compare it more with coppa (type varies on hardness of sponge).  Spinnier than average euro topsheet.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Brainstorm69 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainstorm69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 10:03pm
I haven't played with my new sheets yet, but I liked the ultra-thin version myself.  Works well on my PhalanxII.   Too bad it's not still available.
F3S | Tulpe T-7007 | F3S
manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2008 at 3:11am
same here, i liked and still use the ultra-thin
Blade: Bty BalsaCarbo X5 FL

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

BH: Palio Aeolus 45* 2.2
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 1:21pm
I have just played two practices with Dawei IQ Ultralights on both sides - 2.0 FH, 1.8 BH (got them both from fatt so I am not sure if that is what Cole called an old batch or a new one). What can I say - love it!

First practice was just practice, no matches. But second one was great!

First I was against the guy whom I lost like 9 out of 10 matches we ever played. Result - 3:0 (11:3, 11:4, 11:9) !!!

Then against the guy to whom I lost the last 6 matches we played - both players with ratings between 1950 and 2000. Got a little tired but beat him 3:2 (14:12, 1:11, 8:11, 15:13, 11:6) !!!

After that I was almost dead so I lost to the first guy 2:3 (!) and took a break. Then played another couple of matches which I have won easily.

And as you will notice, I have changed my signature!

====

I will post more about actual properties of the rubbers as I saw it but later - have to take the kids to their soccer match.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 1:58pm
Great rubber!!!

I have a newer generation sheet in 40 degrees that has withstood 2 months of heavy abuse and still looks and plays better than new.

Key to long lasting IQ UL is keep it covered and give it an occasional spinmax - it responds well to this treatment.

Why do I say better?  I have found that once you break the IQ UL in it gains a new gear of spin and speed.  It's nice out of the package though.

I haven't tried so many glue effect rubbers but compared to Donic F series and JO Silver for example IQ UL is more well behaved playing short and loops with the same ease.  JO Silver might be a bit faster / spinnier but IQ UL keeps up nicely - actually the added control is better in my case.

40 degree on the backhand is really a great fit.  Rubber is high throw so you have to brush over the ball on backhand loops - took a bit of adjustment for me.

(I've been away from the forum but am coming back this week with pics, some mini-reviews, and more - I missed you guys)
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 5:45pm
I wouldn't say that IQUL is a high throw rubber - no comparison to Tenergy at all in that department!

I had very good control on both sides after 5 minutes of practice - and that's right after I glued them on with water-based glue (Tibhar CF) night before. No boosters, no speed-glue, nothing like that.

Catapult effect is noticeable but it is very controllable - which distinguishes IQUL very much from, say, LKT Torrent which tossed the ball sometimes rather unpredictably...

The only thing I was not yet 100% satisfied with, was block on BH - but that is certainly related to a spinnier and fresher rubber. Also, I did not need it as much as I usually do because I attacked much more from my left. That was the difference that allowed me to beat those guys - not only was I more aggressive but I was able to channel that aggression into actual good shots lending on the table with good spin... a little less speed than I expected but that is more my own fault as I am not a very fast hitter. Blocks from FH went in just fine - no difference there from regular IQ I had on the same blade before.

Control in short game was very good, and control in loops was excellent!

One of the greatest advantages is that catapult/spin on the shots I produced caused visibly more complicated bounce and spin on the ball which made my opponents miss more shots or miss the table when hitting.

bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 6:26pm

how does the IQUL compare to IQ, which one is cosidered "higher throw" rubber..?

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by bagung bagung wrote:

how does the IQUL compare to IQ, which one is cosidered "higher throw" rubber..?

I played with regular IQ a lot - also not a high throw rubber. Not a low throw either...

Brainstorm69 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainstorm69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Originally posted by bagung bagung wrote:

I played with regular IQ a lot - also not a high throw rubber. Not a low throw either...

I think he is asking which throws higher, IQ or IQUL.  My experience is that IQUL is slightly higher throw than IQ, but not that much.  Although that is based on the 1st generation IQUL.  I haven't played with the 2nd generation IQUL yet.
F3S | Tulpe T-7007 | F3S
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 8:02pm
I would say you are right - IQUL is a bit higher throw because the ball penetrates the rubber just a micron more and therefore is being gripped better by it when it's being thrown out.

GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 9:42pm
For 35� and the same thickness, IQUL has higher throw than the regular Inspirit and it seems to bottom out more often.  Not sure if IQ comes in other hardness besides 40�.

I am using IQUL as replacement for Sriver L and Mark V.  It is not exactly the same since IQUL has more tack and slower, but close enough for me.
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by GenomicsKnight GenomicsKnight wrote:

For 35� and the same thickness, IQUL has higher throw than the regular Inspirit and it seems to bottom out more often.  Not sure if IQ comes in other hardness besides 40�.

I am using IQUL as replacement for Sriver L and Mark V.  It is not exactly the same since IQUL has more tack and slower, but close enough for me.

You do too? Hope to see you using it soon! Quincy Open on Oct 26, perhaps?

THEMANFZ1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THEMANFZ1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 10:47pm
I recently got an IQUL and really like it.  Lighter than the original and love the control.  I like it so much I am willing to trade an "Ultimate Press" for a set  to put on my new V6.  Any takers.?

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21545&PN=1#248467

Joola MC1-Inspirit Quattro 2.0 & Palio CJ8000
Ritc V6-Globe 999 2.0 & 729 lightning FX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 10:49pm

I will try.  My wife doesn't let me out for fun Cry
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by THEMANFZ1 THEMANFZ1 wrote:

I recently got an IQUL and really like it.  Lighter than the original and love the control.  I like it so much I am willing to trade an "Ultimate Press" for a set  to put on my new V6.  Any takers.?

You got it? Finally!

That's exactly what I am playing with right now - V-6 with two IQULs. Great combo, man, you won't regret this.

Don't forget to post your review in the V-6 review thread!

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 10:54pm

I will try.  My wife doesn't let me out for fun Cry

Please try - then we can commiserate with each other. My wife stopped me from going to Baltimore for the NA Teams Champs, and when I humbly asked about US Nationals in Las Vegas, she just laughed...

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 10:59pm
At least you had the courage to ask your wife.  Me, I am just happy that she started to let me go back to the club once a week.  I will definitely try for the upcoming Quincy Open.

Getting back to the central topic here.  What hardness of IQUL are you using?
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
THEMANFZ1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THEMANFZ1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 11:31pm

Originally posted by THEMANFZ1 THEMANFZ1 wrote:

You got it? Finally!

That's exactly what I am playing with right now - V-6 with two IQULs. Great combo, man, you won't regret this.

Don't forget to post your review in the V-6 review thread!

Yeah got another one, this one is 88.8grams instead of the 93grams that my first one was.  Only problem is that I put the only Sheet of IQUL that I had on my MC1 and now that I have a new V6 I want UL's for it, and definitely  need the UL's on the 93gram blade.
Joola MC1-Inspirit Quattro 2.0 & Palio CJ8000
Ritc V6-Globe 999 2.0 & 729 lightning FX
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2008 at 8:57pm

At least you had the courage to ask your wife.  Me, I am just happy that she started to let me go back to the club once a week.  I will definitely try for the upcoming Quincy Open.

Regular - 40 degrees.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2008 at 9:18pm

Regular - 40 degrees.

So far 40� works better than 35� for me.  I wonder how's 40� compared 42�?
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2008 at 10:11pm
I think I might try and tune IQUL 40 degs a little bit on my secondary blade - just for kicks, to see if it becomes even better...

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2008 at 11:56pm
I have just played with a new combo - V-6 with IQUL 2.2 SV on FH, IQUL 2.0 Regular on BH (used just a smidgeon of Galaxy Aqua Glue to put them on). Combo is about 5-6 g heavier but I can take it ... I think. I am very happy with FH, no loss of control and attacks are faster and spinnier.

My only problem was with BH - needs some adjustment, bounce of the ball is a bit higher and longer which is to be expected I guess. But again, spin and speed are better so I'd rather keep this combination.

I will play again tomorrow so we'll see how it goes the second time around - I really hope I will get used to it within a week or two, as I have a tourney on Nov 23, and then on to the US Nationals.

esnift View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esnift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2008 at 3:59am

I think I might try and tune IQUL 40 degs a little bit on my secondary blade - just for kicks, to see if it becomes even better...

I tried tuning a sheet of IQUL SV max and it was crazy. I didn't get to hit with it too much but it was crazy fast. The ball would hardly even stop bouncing if I just dropped it onto the blade flat.
YE
Hurricane III
Tenergy 05fx

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2008 at 8:12am
JimT.....do you favor your FH side? Just wondering as I normally now favor my BH and use softer spong on that side.  Also, I tend to hit harder with FH, so I use same or stiffer spong on it. 
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2008 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

JimT.....do you favor your FH side? Just wondering as I normally now favor my BH and use softer spong on that side.  Also, I tend to hit harder with FH, so I use same or stiffer spong on it. 

No, I am much more of a BH player. However, I do a lot of flicks, quick blocks, flat attacks and pushes there so a harder sponge there can be a good thing. But don't get me wrong, I played with Sriver FX most of my career so soft sponges are fine with me as well... it's just that when you play with a fresh rubber and you increase thickness it becomes less controllable and that somehow shows even more with softer sponges.

jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 11:37am
Could you Compare IQ UL in terms of Speed&Spin with some other popular rubbers? Is it as Least as durable as Tenery?

I�m thinking about getting one to try it; although I�m really satisfied with Tenergy�s I can�t afford it every 4 mouths a new pair of rubbers, so I�m thinking about trying a spinny but cheap and durable rubber on my BH.

Cheers.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
mwyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2008 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Could you Compare IQ UL in terms of Speed&Spin with some other popular rubbers? Is it as Least as durable as Tenery?

I�m thinking about getting one to try it; although I�m really satisfied with Tenergy�s I can�t afford it every 4 mouths a new pair of rubbers, so I�m thinking about trying a spinny but cheap and durable rubber on my BH.

Cheers.

i can only compare it to the desto series im afraid, much more spin than F3 and power. but the sheet of IQUL is rather heavy in comparison. ive been playing with it for a couple of months now on my forehand and it seems very durable. feels great to play with and on a harder thicker sponge (like 2.2/3 42) you can get some real punch out of it.

you should adjust easily because tenergy is natrually a heavy rubber anyway. ive never used tenergy but IQUL is definatly worth the money. plus you can recover both sides 3 times before you could afford to recover tenergy (^_^).

im getting the softer sponge on my BH in a couple of weeks to replace the F3 (cause thats pretty expensive too).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic