Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Alternative to Boost TP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lauge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternative to Boost TP
    Posted: 10/10/2008 at 4:45am

I have a Clipper with Boost TP and really enjoy this combo. However it's mainly for fast playing so I miss a bit higher throw when returning a slower ball/loop (need a bit more control and spin in that situation I guess?). I was thinking about trying Yasaka Pryde, Xtend (HS), or Stiga Almana Synergy Tech or Boost TC (perhaps to close to TP?). How do they compare to Boost TP? Any other recommendations?

Sponsored Links

johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2008 at 5:18am
Check this thread to find information about Stiga Boost TC:http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21030&KW=&PID=241673#241673.
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
lauge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2008 at 6:23am
Well, lilactime031 kind of sold the TC very well in that thread Smile Just want to here if anyone have compared or tried both TC and Pryde/Xtend?

Nutriment6464 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutriment6464 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2008 at 7:19am
more spin, higher throw? Tenergy...
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2008 at 7:44am
Yasaka Pryde is butter soft, Xtend (HS) has a terrible topsheet, Stiga Almana Synergy Tech can't generate spin to save your life.

Try the Boost TC. I think the two sponges aren't too different, but the throw's higher.

I'm one of those people who've tried tenergy and was not blown away by it. It's just another rubber to me.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
lauge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2008 at 8:34am
I have played Bty many years ago and would really like to try it again but can't justify the premium right now. I'm assuming that Pryde is softer than TC but isn't that ok when it's a tension sponge or is it just to soft to get good speed? How about topsheet on Pryde compared to Boost TC (and Boost TP). I'm still a little curious about Pryde Smile
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2008 at 11:26am
Originally posted by lauge lauge wrote:

I have played Bty many years ago and would really like to try it again but can't justify the premium right now.  Smile
Again, Chinese all the way. IQ, ULQ, Thunder, CJ8000 ...
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2008 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by gekogark1212 gekogark1212 wrote:

Try the Boost TC. I think the two sponges aren't too different, but the throw's higher.

No, TP and TC are totally two different rubbers. TC is a lot faster, more spingy and a lot more higher thow.
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2008 at 2:08pm
Probably both TP and TC using the same sponge but different topsheet. TC's pimples are thinner I guess... 
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

lauge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2008 at 5:16am
Originally posted by melarimsa melarimsa wrote:

Again, Chinese all the way. IQ, ULQ, Thunder, CJ8000 ...

I can't find those rubbers where I usually buy TT stuff. They have a lot of DHS/729 rubbers though will any of them be a good alternative? I remember trying the classic 729 long time ago and liked it a lot, are there any alternative to durable glue-effect rubbers in that (or DHS) brand?
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2008 at 4:44pm
www.colestt.com sells IQ & IUQ
I sell Thunder ...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2008 at 5:20pm
There is only one alternative to the opponent's rubbers - practice, practice and practice.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Aquaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2008 at 9:21pm
Fast and high throw: Xiom Zeta.  And you don't have to pay an arm and a leg either.  I was finally able to hit with my new sheet of Xiom Zeta today, and it's good.  It plays like my tuned Avalox Pronte, but without the necessity of tuning, is lighter, and has less vibration.  I like it.
Blade: Stiga Allround Classic
FH: JOOLA Rhyzm 2.0
BH: JOOLA Rhyzm 425 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic