Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERKE GERMAN OPEN 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ERKE GERMAN OPEN 2008
    Posted: 11/19/2008 at 7:11am
Anybody knows which TV program show matches from this Pro Tour?
http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance

Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.

Sponsored Links

varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2008 at 4:35pm
The ttlive.tv is telecasting the live score. Waldner blogging also. I can't see the video though.
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2008 at 1:38am
yeah I can't seem to find vids either, but there is some "live blog"  that says it will start at friday 10 CET, so maybe that's the live feed?
http://go2008.ttlive.tv

Would love to see videos, so if anyone knows live feeds or could post some vids,  would appreciate itClap
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2008 at 10:59pm
Toriola destroyed Ovtcharov 4:2!! Go, Segun! ... he is on fire this year!
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2008 at 11:37pm
thats frigging amazing, he upset saive in the olympics, almost beat oh sang eun, lets c what he can do in the spotlight
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

manluski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manluski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 1:09am
that is very good news. after all this years, he finally got some sponsorship to play in the ittf protour. his ranking will improve. these are some of the obstacles and firewalls facing players from poor developing countries despite their talents.
this is good news for the sport. thanks jimT.
manluski
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 6:48am
Crisan just beat Boll in 7 sets!
naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 7:21am
Jiang Tianyi just beat Toriola 4-2. Unhappy
who no know go know
GorgeousGordy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GorgeousGordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 7:43am
WHAT THE HELL?? Crisan just beat Boll 4.3 but now the website says walkover for Boll???????
chiseling since the 1980s
elcapitan_thfc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elcapitan_thfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 7:43am
Originally posted by TTNoobie TTNoobie wrote:

Crisan just beat Boll in 7 sets!

You're right...but it appears that Crisan's bat failed the test as the results say Boll received a 4-0 walkover!!!
Stiga Ebenholz NCT V
Boost TX Forehand
Boost TC Backahnd
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 7:46am
^That is SO stupid. Boll shouldnt be let through since he lost. Stupid ittf. But now Timo must over come the might of YOSHIDA KAII!
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
GorgeousGordy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GorgeousGordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 7:46am
WOW that's crazy!!!! Do you know if it was the thickness test or the VOC test??

thanks for the info elcapitan Thumbs%20Up
chiseling since the 1980s
Mark 5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark 5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 7:54am
Crisans rubbers where after the Match thicker than the allowed 4mm. Befor the match he passed the Test. It seems, that he has changed the racket betweeen test no. 1 and the match

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elcapitan_thfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 7:54am
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

^That is SO stupid. Boll shouldnt be let through since he lost. Stupid ittf. But now Timo must over come the might of YOSHIDA KAII!

On the contrary, Crisan shouldn't be let through as his bat didn't meet the rules and he may have cheated...who knows?
The ITTF have the rules and Crisan is the one who has kept his side of the bargain.
I find it unbelievable that professional players cannot make sure their racket meets the requirements before they play....

As for Kai Yoshida, Boll can use his right hand and still win 4-0 :)

I heard its the thickness Gorgeous!
Stiga Ebenholz NCT V
Boost TX Forehand
Boost TC Backahnd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 7:57am
Crisan is known for funny stuff like that, even before the new restrictions were in effect. I remember his match against Patrick Baum at the U.S. Open earlier this year where he purposely destroyed his paddle in order to exchange it with a spare one. He was disqualified there also.
who no know go know
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 8:00am
there was a video on butterflyonline, where crisan deliberately screwed his raquet so he can change to  a new one. patrick baum complained and crisan was disqualified, hes got bad sportsmanship.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

Kalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 8:01am
It seems he changed his bat before the game began.
Setup:

Blade:BTY Viscaria
FH:Andro Rasant (1,9 mm Blk)BH:Soulspin P12(1,8 mm Red)
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 8:29am
Hes a dumbass. He should have had it checked during so that way he could switch back.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 8:32am
so TECHNICALLY, boll has yet to lose a set in this tournament?
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 8:38am
technically....yes......lol. I wonder what blade and rubber Crisan uses.
who no know go know

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elcapitan_thfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 9:04am
Originally posted by naijachief naijachief wrote:

Yeh...I wonder which Booster he is using as well
Stiga Ebenholz NCT V
Boost TX Forehand
Boost TC Backahnd
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 9:37am
Originally posted by elcapitan_thfc elcapitan_thfc wrote:

Originally posted by naijachief naijachief wrote:

Yeh...I wonder which Booster he is using as well

Yes, I wonder too. What kind of booster enables the sponge to get thicker DURING the match ? His blade was controlled before and after and stayed in the game area, right ? Before was OK, after wasn't...Weird, isn't ?

Actually, what I find the weirdest is that Adrian Crisan was considered as a great champion and one of the most talented european player 12 weeks ago and now, he's just a cheater...THAT is weird !

The only good news is that Timo will win the German open and the sponsors will be happy, and the German fans too. I'm not sure Timo will enjoyed his victory as much as he should have...

Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 9:44am
Originally posted by manluski manluski wrote:

that is very good news. after all this years, he finally got some sponsorship to play in the ittf protour. his ranking will improve. these are some of the obstacles and firewalls facing players from poor developing countries despite their talents.
this is good news for the sport. thanks jimT.

He is one of my favorite players. Next comes the West Indies cricket players.
crs2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crs2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 10:17am
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

[
Actually, what I find the weirdest is that Adrian Crisan was considered as a great champion and one of the most talented european player 12 weeks ago and now, he's just a cheater...THAT is weird !

Yes. Overnight all those who refused to accept the new rules (regarding boosters) became cheaters. This category includes the chinese. I would rather watch "cheaters" than pro players struggling to adjust to the ITTF whims.

BTW: CRISAN DID NOT CHANGE HIS RAQUET! IF he did, he has a bright career in magic ahead of him.
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 10:21am
i'm not going to crucify the guy because there are more than a few players trying to boost their way through the difficult rule change, but crisan needs to stop cheating.  he didn't get away with it at the us open, but obviously he didn't learn his lesson.  it's sad, cause he is a fun player to watch and obviously really talented.
crs2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crs2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 10:25am
Originally posted by mdjenders mdjenders wrote:

i'm not going to crucify the guy because there are more than a few players trying to boost their way through the difficult rule change, but crisan needs to stop cheating.  he didn't get away with it at the us open, but obviously he didn't learn his lesson.  it's sad, cause he is a fun player to watch and obviously really talented.

How do you think he cheated?
manluski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manluski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 10:29am
that is kind of funny. if he was allowed to play that means his bat was checked before the match. then he played and won. then his bat was checked after the match. then it failed. that means he changed his bat during the game. any video evidence to prove this? how many players racket are checked after a match.

this is very funny. i think germany is trying to safe bolls ass. it is disgusting. think of the player who is the victim of this bs.

i do not think boll deserve this help to advance his career. period.
manluski
Kalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 10:34am
Adrian Crisan had taken his racket to the officials before the match started, the racket passed the test and then he used another racket for the match. After the match and the referee discovered that the racket covering was too thick. So according to me: or A) Crisan did take another bat
B) The referee did not messure the racket covering good enough ( it should never have passed the first test)
Setup:

Blade:BTY Viscaria
FH:Andro Rasant (1,9 mm Blk)BH:Soulspin P12(1,8 mm Red)
crs2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crs2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 10:36am
His raquet was kept by the officials 2 hours before the match, then returned to him before the match and then tested again after. When did he exchange it? 3000 people watching, all on video. Magic.
manluski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manluski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 10:47am

hi kalin

who told you he changed his racket for the match. if the procedure is not without error. the procedure should be improved and not punish the player. as a scientist this happens all the time. and this is why procedures are being improved.

shame on germany and ittf. shame on timo boll. although timo boll is shameless.

the players union should rise up against ittf and germany decision. a boycott of the next german open will be a first step.

manluski
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic