Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rising Indian player

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rising Indian player
    Posted: 11/21/2008 at 2:47pm
Here is the story of R.Venkataramanan whose hard work brought him to a higher level.
Sponsored Links

le xex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote le xex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2008 at 3:14pm
isnt he the guy that beat stefan feth first round at the last us open?
AVarun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVarun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2008 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by le xex le xex wrote:

isnt he the guy that beat stefan feth first round at the last us open?

No, that was Sathiya Ganasekaran, who also beat Shen Qian of Canada  in a tough match recently. 
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2008 at 3:29pm
AVArun is right. He was Sathiya Ganasekaran. I think he has won the Commenwealth Championship recently.
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2008 at 3:31pm
I have some clips of Sathiya. Have not got a chance to edit it. I will probably during the December time.
manluski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manluski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2008 at 3:49pm

hi varghesep

are you dreaming ? the only indian player to ever win a commonwealtlh title in recent time in tt was achanta in sydney australia. i believe in 2005. the last commonwealth in india 2007 was completely dominated and swept by singapore both men and female?

i don't believe there is any indian player worth playing under 100 world ranking for now or in the near future. giving the exposure they recieve from their government, proximity to china and participation in asian games. i think tt in not for india might be cricket or hockey.

manluski
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2008 at 4:11pm
I think it was ITTF Junior tournament, not common wealth.

AVarun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVarun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2008 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

AVArun is right. He was Sathiya Ganasekaran. I think he has won the Commenwealth Championship recently.

It was the "Commonwealth Youth Games" held recently in Pune.  This Ganasekaran who beat Shen, was definitely in the final.  But for some reason,  the final results of the table tennis are hard to access- keep getting the message "No data found" every place I check.  Are the results a secret? :-)

varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2008 at 4:44pm
Are ITTF Junior tournament and Commenwealth Youth Games the same?
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2008 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by manluski manluski wrote:

hi varghesep

are you dreaming ? the only indian player to ever win a commonwealtlh title in recent time in tt was achanta in sydney australia. i believe in 2005. the last commonwealth in india 2007 was completely dominated and swept by singapore both men and female?

i don't believe there is any indian player worth playing under 100 world ranking for now or in the near future. giving the exposure they recieve from their government, proximity to china and participation in asian games. i think tt in not for india might be cricket or hockey.

i believe it was in 2006, i was there watching it, very close 7 games encounter, william leveled at 3-3, but achanta made unbelievable shots including a massive bh punch cross crosscourt against william's opening loop.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Jon2378 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon2378 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2008 at 10:20pm
^ that was commonwealth games

there are also commonwealth championships..etc.etc.
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 12:41am
I hope this guy perfects his game and brings him and his coaches to America and leads us to victory.....  i know i know.... but let me dream please.
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 12:42am
Oh, I had to take out an extra 2 minutes before reading the article to perfect the art of pronouncing his name lol
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by AVarun AVarun wrote:

Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

It was the "Commonwealth Youth Games" held recently in Pune.  This Ganasekaran who beat Shen, was definitely in the final.  But for some reason,  the final results of the table tennis are hard to access- keep getting the message "No data found" every place I check.  Are the results a secret? :-)

Sometimes there is another way to check :)

Here are the results:

If you want to see individual match results you will have to go through these folders to find them:

varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 8:14pm
Thanks Sunny. The result says Ganasekaran won the Gold.
AVarun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVarun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 8:18pm

Good find Sunny!  So Ganasekaran is the Commonwealth champ, at least among the youth( 21 and under).
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by manluski manluski wrote:

hi varghesep

Cricket is very popular in India. It is like NBA style in India now.

TT is popular but the players who excel at the International level is very few. Sharat has done a good job of going to South America to play there.
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 7:34am
off topic, i cant wait for the ipl next year!
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 10:03am
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

off topic, i cant wait for the ipl next year!

Sorry to say this. I don't waste a single moment for Cricket these days. The Indian team broke my heart in 1988 - I think Australia has won the world cup then. That was the time the "match fixing" ate the cricket in India.

The player "Srishanth" is from our state in Kerala. He is a story maker on the field. He may not play IPL as he is recovering from injuries in Bangalore.

waldner_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waldner_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 10:06am
hey theman wats ur nationality man u seem to be an ipl fan wait fr 3rd dec tht champions t-20 league is cumon its gonna be as great as the ipl
everest81 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everest81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 12:25pm
20-20 sucks...Tongue
Member of Single ply Hinoki club
Kokutaku Cho-Super Cho Tokusen + Tenergy Max
Collecting dust: Nittaku Cho tokusen 9mm, kokutaku cho tokusen 9mm, darker 90 10mm, ryno custom poc blade 10.2mm
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 3:41pm

The 20-20 was more like a festival in India. I've heard the players received millions of dollars.

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 1:48am
i dont like watching circket where someone bowls 150 overs, its terribly looong and boring.

20-20 gets the job done in a night, better than one day internationals, in terms of excitement. I remember that guy, dunno his name, but he bowled like 2 wickets in an over, going for a hattrick!

@waldner_fan, im australian
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 3:14am
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

i dont like watching circket where someone bowls 150 overs, its terribly looong and boring.

20-20 gets the job done in a night, better than one day internationals, in terms of excitement. I remember that guy, dunno his name, but he bowled like 2 wickets in an over, going for a hattrick!

@waldner_fan, im australian

like we did not know before you say
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 3:33am
i was talking to waldner_fan
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 3:51am
I miss so many occasions to apologize so I do not want to miss that one.
altiusdirectory88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote altiusdirectory88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2011 at 6:24am
I feel that it nice info about all but i need to know Commonwealth Youth Games 2011 if you want that visit below website

Commonwealth Youth Games 2011
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic