Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

is that dhs hurricane king is a fast blade?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: is that dhs hurricane king is a fast blade?
    Posted: 11/22/2008 at 12:32pm
please give a opinion.. dhs hurricane king using by wang liqin. is that a fast blade?
Blade: TBS
FH: Sriver L 2.1mm
BH: Vega Europe Max
Sponsored Links

ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 12:49am
this is my first all wood 5 ply and i think it is pretty fast.  it is not close to the power i get with my rosskopf force but im satisfied with the speed.  i dont speed glue and i think its ok.  my bh is massively fast with EGP.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 12:51am
Not as fast as your Gergely 21, but it's fast enough.
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
razortt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 2:44am
I personally has one, its rated OFF++. This is what I think of the blade. I am a close to table two wing looper and when I first put the rubber on, its definitely a little bigger than the blades that I had before(bty BalsacarboX5, andro, and another carbon blade). When I hit the ball with bare blade, surprisingly it doesn't  produce very high pitch sound, that tells me its not super hard blade, which is rated off++. I have Bryce FX for FH/BH , and it does flex a little bit. But after i hit with it a little while, the very minute flex provides the feedback that I really need when I loop against chopper. Because of larger head, I felt the sweet spot is bigger and it improved my game. Its a very fast blade but I felt that it gives a soft feel and great control. I like it very much! Smile
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 9:16am

H-king is considered all+ or Off- blades in my opinion. It has very good feel if you like vibration. Most of my friend who use carbon blades dislike it since it vibrates too much for them. Putting the right rubber on H-king makes it a fast blades with tons of feel. 

Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 9:20am
on my opinion h-king is a fast blade that considered off++..
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 9:23am
It's slower than Violin which many people says it's all+ blades.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 9:26am
is that h-king all wood blade?
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 9:36am
It's a 5 ply all wood blade. Changing from gergely 21 to H-king you'll feel a dramatic change in speed. But you can loop better.
But don't use commercial H3 or Sriver EL.
It's a slow setup for H-king.
For FH you may use Provincial H3 or Bryce equivalent rubber.
For BH you may use Tensor.
Soft rubber like sriver Fx will feel too mushy on H-king.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 9:39am

owh thanks.. if i use sriver g2 fx on my fh and use nittaku hammond pro alpha on my bh to blade gegerly 21. is that good?

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 9:47am

Gergely 21 has a small head size. If you like carbon blades, I suggest you choose Gergely, Not Gergely 21. If you like carbon blades with woody feel you may try Yasaka Malin Carbon or Malin Soft Carbon. If you want all wood blades you may try Korbel, Samsonov Alpha, H-king, Violin, Acoustic.

Since I don't play with carbon blades anymore, I can't tell it's a right setup for your Gergely 21. I suggest you to try all wood blades, it's better for your game Wink
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 9:50am
what blade u use now?
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 10:25am

I have been using Mambo GP and Roxon for 1 month. Trying it on H-king for 2 weeks, then Kokutaku 3008 1 week. Back to H-king for 1 weeks. Using it on Violin for 3 days. Today I put it on my Borko. It rocks. It has a catapult effect, I found my borko has more dwell time compared to the past. At the past I use Chinese Rubber on my Borko. Now I really enjoy my Borko, some of my comment about my borko at the past is fast, too bouncy, not enough dwell time. My opinion change now!!!!  It's a nice blades, has a good punching feel, since it's light, I can swing faster and my loop are more deadly. 

JCDI, now I know the greatness of my Borko blades, I'm a fool at the past don't know how to use it. The slogan Power is nothing without Control is really true Tongue 
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 1:10pm
Whatever dude.... I'll see how long you play with the borko this time before changing to other blades.... Besides, you find with the chinese rubbers the borko is fast, too bouncy and has short dwell time but with tensor rubbers it's not so fast, not bouncy and has great dwell time? Sounds so opposite to be true...

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 2:04am
owh yeah.. nice to hear that peter79..
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 2:07am
peter what are you doing with your HK now? i notice its not a part of your siggy.
JohnDoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnDoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 2:21am
Originally posted by asyraf asyraf wrote:

please give a opinion.. dhs hurricane king using by wang liqin. is that a fast blade?

Its also very debatable as to whether Wang Liqin is actually even using the Hurricane King blade.  Most sources say that he is still using his Stiga Offensive Cr, even though DHS made a blade that they claim he is using.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 2:24am
thats old news now. He uses HK now, but he used to use OC CR with HK handle.
asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 2:52am
you are right beeray1.. he using hk now
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 4:21am
Originally posted by rokphish rokphish wrote:

Whatever dude.... I'll see how long you play with the borko this time before changing to other blades.... Besides, you find with the chinese rubbers the borko is fast, too bouncy and has short dwell time but with tensor rubbers it's not so fast, not bouncy and has great dwell time? Sounds so opposite to be true...

With Tensor it's even faster than if I use chinese rubber of course. But I feel more dwell time for my borko blade. Maybe I was wrong about short dwell time about my borko at the past. I can loop underspin ball easily yeseterday. I played with a 16 year old talented kid which is damn good at chopping and looping. I can loop his chop easily with roxon. I beat him 20-2 which is a record. He can beat me sometimes.

My Borko is the fastest compared to Acoustic, Violin and H-king. But since I use the same rubber combination which I've been using for 1 month, I don't find difficulties in adjusting my stroke.

At the past, I use Acoustic with Tenergy n Pryde, then suddenly change to Borko with H3 commercial n Cermet which is totally different. Different rubber n different blades. It's better to use same rubber with different blades to know it's strengh n weakness.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 4:24am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

peter what are you doing with your HK now? i notice its not a part of your siggy.

Well I'm trying the same rubber setup to different blades to try how it's compared to H-king. H-king is sitting in the box right now. Currently trying again my forgotten Borko blade Wink
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 7:33am
is that borko a fast blade peter?
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 10:22am
It's light 77 gr, fast, but has good control. The sweet spot is considered very big for all wood blade, just as big as carbon blade. Since my style is a looper, Borko choose the right material to make this blade.
My friend who tried it today want to order the exact blade as mine Tongue.
He likes it because it's light, very powerfull and controlable when looping.
He use Primorac Carbon blades.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

jlwckc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlwckc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 10:27am

Yuan has that blade, i tried it b4, to be honest, it is super super powerful, has good vibration feedback and i really love looping it

Dream set up.
Hurricane King
Tenergy 05
Rapid Sound
asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 11:10am
hk is a best blade i haven seen..
razortt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 1:07pm
what you waiting on then ? Get one and help the economy ! Big%20smile
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 3:20pm
hey peter, if you ever decide to sell that thing let me know Smile I'm looking for a spare now. I want to have a few to play with for the rest of my life lol lol lol Tongue
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 8:02pm
You're gonna have to pry it off his dead cold fingers....

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 8:09pm

Well. How many different blades you have tried? LOL
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2008 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by tdragon tdragon wrote:

Well. How many different blades you have tried? LOL

lol. Hey brobot.. Maybe some people just love the HK that much because of the amazing feel. I think its the best blade I've ever played with... I've used a handful of blades. But I love it.

ps tdragon... dont you have a bunch of them? wanna sell one to me in the near future? ..LOLLOL

i should just post a LF instead of bothering everyone individually haha.

thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic