FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

chuan chih yuan rubber..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: chuan chih yuan rubber..
    Posted: 12/12/2008 at 9:59am
what rubber use by chuan chih yuan at his blade(chuan chih yuan blade)?? anyone who know please tell me..Wink
Blade: TBS
FH: Sriver L 2.1mm
BH: Vega Europe Max
Sponsored Links

asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2008 at 10:50am
Dead
Henry Hou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Hou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2008 at 12:25pm
Sriver G2, you can check Bty 2008~2009 catalogue.
Main:Timo Boll Limited edition(FH:G3 2.1 BH: Tenergy 25 2.1)
Spare1.Timo boll ZLF(FH:G3 2.1 BH: G3 FX 2.1)
Spare2.Timo Boll ALC(FH: G3 2.1 BH:ROXON 450 max)
MaLong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaLong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2008 at 1:21pm
According to page 67 of the online catalogue, it says it's Bryce speed and Tenergy05. I'm not sure if it is accurate, because some sponsored players don't use what their sponsors say they use. Example, the catalogue states that Kreanga uses Kreanga carbon, which most of the time he doesn't. Also, Chuan Chih Yuan's blade maybe his own Donic or Stiga blade with handle changed.
Blade: Butterfly Schlager Light Fl
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 64
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 64

dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2008 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by MaLong MaLong wrote:

the catalogue states that Kreanga uses Kreanga carbon

That can't be true..
KC is illegal, isn't it? the surface is not made from wood..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
smryu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smryu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2008 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

That can't be true..

the rule did not state that the surface must be made of wood, did it? it only mentioned that at least 85% of the blade must of wood...

i mean come on, the rule has been there since long ago, and it can't be that the biggest manufacturer made a blade that contravenes with the rules, and this blade is not made for any tom. dick or harry, its specially made for kreanga 

am i right?
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2008 at 2:31pm
Is there an international trademark/copyright lawyer in the house?

I know it's a common practice for sponsored players to put their sponsors brand on a different blade that they've been using all their life.  Ex. WLQ using a Stiga blade with handles of DHS (his sponsor) or I've even read Samsonov using Mazunov with Tibhar handles.  I'm just wondering, how is this able to exist in table tennis?

If I was a race car driver sponsored by let's say Chevy and I had a Ford engine under my hood, and I then told people I only use Chevy, I think Ford would have a problem with that.

If I was the CEO of Stiga and there's a three-time World Champion out there using my blade and tells everyone he's using DHS, I actually would have a problem.  Am I the only one who thinks this kind of thing is wrong?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2008 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by smryu smryu wrote:

That can't be true..

the rule did not state that the surface must be made of wood, did it? it only mentioned that at least 85% of the blade must of wood...

i mean come on, the rule has been there since long ago, and it can't be that the biggest manufacturer made a blade that contravenes with the rules, and this blade is not made for any tom. dick or harry, its specially made for kreanga 

am i right?

I think the coating was too thick, and with the coating surface you cannot see whether it really has 85 % of wood in the blade, can you?

655H3PClassicAcudaS1
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2008 at 10:47pm
Its tenergy 05, bryce speed. PLEASE USE THE SEARCH ENGINE.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2008 at 1:00am
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

I know it's a common practice for sponsored players to put their sponsors brand on a different blade that they've been using all their life.  Ex. WLQ using a Stiga blade with handles of DHS (his sponsor) or I've even read Samsonov using Mazunov with Tibhar handles.  I'm just wondering, how is this able to exist in table tennis?

If I was a race car driver sponsored by let's say Chevy and I had a Ford engine under my hood, and I then told people I only use Chevy, I think Ford would have a problem with that.

If I was the CEO of Stiga and there's a three-time World Champion out there using my blade and tells everyone he's using DHS, I actually would have a problem.  Am I the only one who thinks this kind of thing is wrong?

I agree that it shouldn't be that way really. If i were a CEO of stiga and WLQ was using my blade but saying he was using DHS.. id be very unhappy.

the problem is though.. that technically they cant know that. They don't know that because what is advertised is the truth on an "official" level. I can know 100% in my head that he is using my product, but i am not supposed to know that so i ''dont'' know that. but i really do know that.. I just can't say I know that or there is conflict. So there's nothing they can do about it. That's the system and how it works.. as BS as it is. You follow?
asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2008 at 1:45am
in butterfly online, it say chuan use tennergy 05 and bryce speed..
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2008 at 1:46am
Thats because he does.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2008 at 1:57am
yes.. he does
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2008 at 7:45am

Ex. WLQ using a Stiga blade with handles of DHS (his sponsor)

What i can tell you is that i have an old VHS of French Open finale 1999 : Kong Linghui vs Wang Liqin (Incredible match, Kong won 3-2) and during this final i can assure you that WLQ was using a Stiga Offensive Classic FL (don't know for the wrb). WLQ was 19, he wasn't very famous even if he was already #10 in the world.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2008 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I agree that it shouldn't be that way really. If i were a CEO of stiga and WLQ was using my blade but saying he was using DHS.. id be very unhappy.

the problem is though.. that technically they cant know that. They don't know that because what is advertised is the truth on an "official" level. I can know 100% in my head that he is using my product, but i am not supposed to know that so i ''dont'' know that. but i really do know that.. I just can't say I know that or there is conflict. So there's nothing they can do about it. That's the system and how it works.. as BS as it is. You follow?

But some Stiga sponsored players might use a Stiga handle and God knows what blade.. Wink
So everything even themselves out..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2008 at 3:07pm

Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

But some Stiga sponsored players might use a Stiga handle and God knows what blade.. Wink
So everything even themselves out..

Hahaha!  Yeah, man.  Peter Karlsson actually uses an old DHS blade Tongue (I'm just making this up for discussion's sake).

Actually, a friend of mine told me that the way these companies get away with it is if for instance, DHS says "WLQ uses DHS blades", they're not saying when he's using it.  He could be using it for practice.  Maybe he's using it to beat some low-ranked player in some meaningless match in a Chinese league.  Maybe he's using it to spank his girlfriend's butt before he gets his freak on.  So technically, DHS is not really lying when they say "WLQ uses a DHS blade".  They just won't say he used a Stiga blade with DHS handles during the World Championship.

What bothers me is that a bunch of players will buy DHS blades just for the reason that they think WLQ is using it.  It's a very unethical marketing in my opinion and the company makes a bunch of money because of a false claim.  By the way, I'm not picking on DHS or WLQ.  I'm just using them as an example because I know it happens with all the companies.
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2008 at 3:09pm
"What bothers me is that a bunch of players will buy DHS blades just for the reason that they think WLQ is using it.  It's a very unethical marketing in my opinion and the company makes a bunch of money because of a false claim.  By the way, I'm not picking on DHS or WLQ.  I'm just using them as an example because I know it happens with all the companies."

I agree
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2008 at 3:17pm
I heard he switched to an actual HK. This info came from a friend of mine in China who had seen him recently.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic