Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Where to buy in Johor Bahru Malaysia?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MaLong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaLong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to buy in Johor Bahru Malaysia?
    Posted: 12/23/2008 at 12:09pm
Any Malaysians or anyone know where to buy table tennis equipment in Johor Bahru, Malaysia? Addresses will be appreciated, thanks.
Blade: Butterfly Schlager Light Fl
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 64
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 64

kelvinyoong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2008 at 6:18pm
Only 2 shops that i know of but they have very poor selection of blades and rubbers.

Can't remember the address but there is one in Taman Sentosa and Taman Pelangi.

I will try to get the address for you.

Are you from Johor?
MaLong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaLong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2008 at 11:36pm
I'm S'porean. But frequently travel into Johor. Just want to take a look at the price differences.
Blade: Butterfly Schlager Light Fl
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 64
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 64

Killer Loop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Killer Loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2008 at 5:59am

In JB town there are few sports shop which sell tt equipments namely Everstrong and Permai Sports. This establishments are not a dedicated table tennis outlet therefore their prices are a bit steep.

Same as the shops in Taman Pelangi and Taman Sentosa, these shops are stationery shops which happen to sell limited items of tt equipment. In Skudai Parade Shopping Complex there is a TT training centre which sells TT equipments.

If you wish to explore a little bit there is a TT shop is Kulai (outside JB) which holds a quite number of Butterfly products the prices are quite reasonable too. This is where normally I get my fixes from.

For price differences you can surf to presports or http://www.tabletennis.com.my/ the Kulai shop prices are close to the latter.

Kind regards
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2008 at 8:53am
Can you give me the addresses for the one in Skudai Parade and Kulai?

I have been to SinTen in Singapore, price wise because of the strong Singapore currency, it will be cheaper to buy from Malaysia.

Only thing i find lacking in Johor Bahru is the selection of blades and rubbers which are limited.

Most of the shops Killer Loop mentioned will put a standard price on a piece of Sriver @ RM99 which is expensive if you compare to Presports that sells it @ RM72.50. But if ask for if the price can be lowered or discounted, it will come out to be RM70-RM72.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Killer Loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2008 at 2:30pm

The Skudai Parade outlet was a snooker parlour converted to a TT training centre run by a former Johor State player and the Kulai shop is at row of shophouse in Taman Desa which also sell school uniforms/peripherals run by a nice gentleman who was former Pahang State player.

The add are as follows:

A)Professional Sport Trading
06-Bs, Level 6, Skudai Parade Shopping Complex
Jalan Skudai, Batu 10, 81300 Skudai
Tel : 607 - 554 4988
Pic : Mr. Tan Chin

B) LKF Sports & Trading
247, Jalan Mas, Taman Desa,
81000 Kulai
Tel : 607 - 663 7209
Pic : Mr. K.F.Lee

If you planning to drop by at the skudai outlet suggest that you bring your blade with you as you can rent the facilities there for RM 8/hr. My last purchase at Kulai was for a hand shake Ma Lin Carbon blade at the price of RM 200 and Bty Sriver EL at RM 70.  

Anyway where are you based and happy hunting.

Kind regards

WinkWinkWinkWinkWink
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2008 at 5:56pm
I am based in Johor Bahru.

Never occured that a good tt shop would be outside JB itself.

So far i have been buying tt stuff from presports, singapore and vietnam.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Killer Loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2008 at 12:59pm
Was told that all new arrival of Bty products will be increased 20% due to weaken RM against Yen .... price hike will be effective 1st Jan 2009..... 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2008 at 7:35pm
Thanks for heads up. Guess i will go buy a couple of Srivers as spare just in case.
acer800 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acer800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2008 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by kelvinyoong kelvinyoong wrote:

I am based in Johor Bahru. Never occured that a good tt shop would be outside JB itself.So far i have been buying tt stuff from presports, singapore and vietnam.

get any adress to vietnam retailers
You want A PERSONAL WEBSITE FOR SUPER CHEAP?
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=22979&PN=1#269260
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2008 at 10:42pm
No website address. I have a brother working in Vietnam and there are several shops that sell tt stuff.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2008 at 11:30pm
I just visited LKF Sports. They have a much better selection of blades and rubbers then any shop i know in Johor.

Mostly Butterfly products and prices are pretty good.
graeztch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graeztch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2008 at 1:11am
Originally posted by Killer Loop Killer Loop wrote:

Was told that all new arrival of Bty products will be increased 20% due to weaken RM against Yen .... price hike will be effective 1st Jan 2009..... 

Hi there,

Yes, this is true and it's not only for Bty products but any products that are imported from JP i.e. Nittaku.

The question is will they decrease the price drop when the Yen has weaken. :)

Rgds graeztch
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic