FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Robot Reviews !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Robot Reviews !
    Posted: 12/16/2017 at 6:49pm
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2017 at 6:42pm

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2017 at 11:14am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

What is the best-value 2-wheel robot on which one can run simple drills (like the Falkenberg, etc)?

I just got in a robot called the Yinhe SP-17.  I have pics on my phone but not time to size them for this format.  But it's cheap. I'm not sure their pricing structure on the robot, which is typically wholesale is half retail.  But the wholesale on this is like 130.  However it's going to cost 50 to 70 to ship depending on quantity and method. I'd be scared to buy a quantity now.  I suppose I would have to sell it for 300.  I didn't really get an answer on warranty.  Haven't read the manual/materials though.

So anyway, this thing is pretty decent.  What I like about it compared to my 2040 (now worn to the nub and disfunctional after 15 years) is that the head sits lower which makes me get down more.

But the real selling feature is two wheels.  Very simple controls.  Frequency, oscillation, two wheel dials. Bottom wheel up for backspin.  

Setiriag View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Setiriag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2017 at 3:56pm
Wow... the last post in this topic was in 2012.... is anythere other topic about robots reviews....? Obviously, more recent. Thanks!

By the way, i'm bulding my own robot, i`m in Colombia...
¡Extreme Game Table Tennis Club in Colombia!
hammad.dp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammad.dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 3:14pm

hi rich, im profesional player and i want to get robot for my home practice.. as u are well known to all robots iwant u to guide me..

my requirment is.... i want more speed more spin 

which 1 is better newgy 2050 or super master gen 5

tell me is there any flaw in any 1 of these 2 robots..

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2012 at 10:29am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

Ben, Butterfly has a new robot with 3 throwing wheels.  One wheel off the bottom and to offset top wheels at 10 and 2 o'clock positions.  I have seen pics of it. This is why you are not seeing the old models anymore I believe. Probably start seeing it this fall or so at retailers in US I imagine. 

PS....hope you didn't forget your red water (i mean warm Gatorade) bottle again at that last match I watched you play.  Wink

Yeah, I am a bit adsent minded.  Think of those old 60s Fred McMurray movies like Flubber and the Absent-Minded Professor.

I assume that the three while design is to allow balls with side spin and side-top/bottom without having to rotate the head? That would be awsome.  Who is making it for them? The same people from Hungary or someone new, probably from China?

I'd like to see a robot with a USB interface to allow you to program routines from a PC/notebook/tablet.  And be able to modify saved routines.  With the Amicus I can manually setup a routine, then save it, but if I later decide I want to adjust it, I have to start all over.  And, of course, the only way to know what settings I used is if I wrote down my settings.

Ben....no worry....just letting you know who I am with the water bottle comment.  With your situation at that time.....if it were me...I probably would of forgot my towel....equip bag....coach...and racket!  Wink

LOL  you said FLUBBER!   

The new 3 wheel Butterfly I understand, can not do a full side spin......Imago?  

Yes it would be nice if some of the higher end robots had an USB interface for self programming on PC or other device.  I would love to have that option with my Newstar robot since the control pad interface is so antiquated in its present state.....though the robot does so much more than any other robot out there right now.  What the 989H lacks in spin and landing spot ability....it has the best control pad/interface yet on the market.  What the Newstar lacks in the control pad/interface (mainly the time it takes to setup all the functions and programming).......it more than makes up with the incredible spins/no spins, landing placements (on either side of the table), speed variations with separate power (spin) amounts, adjustable head height above the floor, movable robot position while net is fully attached and functioning, and large self programming memory (they have a new one coming soon with even more memory!).

The Y&T 989H (paddle palace H2W) does have a cool touch screen digital interface that makes the self programming pretty easy and eliminates the need for a USP/PC type interface as it it built in.  They just need to add a lot more memory to make it more in depth like the Newstar.  It would be cool to morph these 2 robots together!  

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2012 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Butterfly has a new robot with 3 throwing wheels.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=51368&PN=1#637259

Imago.....I missed that thread you made awhile ago....

Wow....that new robot sounds sort of limited in functions, sorry to hear it had a problem.  Does it say Made In China on robot or packaging?  
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2012 at 2:41am

Butterfly has a new robot with 3 throwing wheels.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=51368&PN=1#637259
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2012 at 11:01pm

Ben, Butterfly has a new robot with 3 throwing wheels.  One wheel off the bottom and to offset top wheels at 10 and 2 o'clock positions.  I have seen pics of it. This is why you are not seeing the old models anymore I believe. Probably start seeing it this fall or so at retailers in US I imagine. 

PS....hope you didn't forget your red water (i mean warm Gatorade) bottle again at that last match I watched you play.  Wink

Yeah, I am a bit adsent minded.  Think of those old 60s Fred McMurray movies like Flubber and the Absent-Minded Professor.

I assume that the three while design is to allow balls with side spin and side-top/bottom without having to rotate the head? That would be awsome.  Who is making it for them? The same people from Hungary or someone new, probably from China?

I'd like to see a robot with a USB interface to allow you to program routines from a PC/notebook/tablet.  And be able to modify saved routines.  With the Amicus I can manually setup a routine, then save it, but if I later decide I want to adjust it, I have to start all over.  And, of course, the only way to know what settings I used is if I wrote down my settings.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2012 at 10:22pm

The Amicus heads looks just like the photo.  Amicus robots are made in Hungary but I have to wonder if they're being discontinued.  I don't see them advertised any more either in the USA or in Europe.

The dual wheels on the Amicus have an adjustable gap so I'm not worried about that.  But I worry that the piping used to transport the balls from the bowl to the head might get too tight for the new balls.

As far as the ball transport tube area.....most high end robots I know of always have more than enough space for even 44mm balls or more to travel through.  I doubt that will be any problem at all, even the ball pick up areas at the bottom of the catch net pans. 

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2012 at 10:12pm
The Amicus heads looks just like the photo.  Amicus robots are made in Hungary but I have to wonder if they're being discontinued.  I don't see them advertised any more either in the USA or in Europe.

The dual wheels on the Amicus have an adjustable gap so I'm not worried about that.  But I worry that the piping used to transport the balls from the bowl to the head might get too tight for the new balls.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2012 at 10:04pm

You know the head design for this robot looks an awful lot like the head design for the Butterfly Amicus, which is made in Hungary.

Though I never had or dealt with a Amicus robot, I always thought the head parts came from the same factor as they are quite similar.  But that could be from using same design of that part of the robot possibly. 

Oukei has always had that similar design but you didn't notice it much on most past robots because the metal section of the head and there throwing wheels were always cased with a plastic covering. 

They both use the same hard foam type of wheels too. I never personally liked the foam wheels as a design factor, but at least the wheels are huge and can be adjusted if they wear down at all. If the new ball size becomes a problem (which I think there will be enough size difference to hinder use of current dual wheel robots that do not have adjustable wheel gaps), this ability to adjust the gap between the wheels is good insurance for the difference in size of the new ball. 

GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2012 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by pnachtwey pnachtwey wrote:

I don't like any of them.  Sure the robot are OK at a basic level but until the two wheel robots can make their heads spin in reverse they can't truly simulate a chop or a loop.  I can understand why the under $1000 robots can't do this but there is NO excuse for the over $2000 robots.
I have a Newgy that I play with from time to time.   I wish I had bought a two wheel robot or better yet a two headed robot with two throw wheels each.   My company makes motion controllers and I could easily modify the robot by removing their controls and supplies and substitute my own.  Then making the wheels spin backwards or any way I want would be trivial.

The Newstar 2080 DOES reverse its throwing wheels. It can throw insane amounts of backsin (or topspin) at you that is near impossible to return. I love setting it up with a serve for my mates. One bounce on their side of the table then the ball travels back over the net.... Its seriously funny watching ppl try to get to this....
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2012 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

http://www.killerspin.com/products/robots/killerspin-throw/700-01

the teaser (really!) by Biba is cool to watch; rich215's review we can't wait!
You know the head design for this robot looks an awful lot like the head design for the Butterfly Amicus, which is made in Hungary.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2012 at 2:24pm
I can only give you all little info on this robot so far....as I have not really looked into it or had the opportunity to do any more robot reviews lately. I can tell you a few things though.

It is a pretty good lower ended robot and one I would not mind owning actually.  Oukei has always been super solid as far as build quality and functionality with no problems.  I like the basic functions the robot has compared to the other sub $900 robots. 

One thing right off that some may not be happy with....is that the head does not rotate for making any side spin balls.  So your pretty much locked into various top spin, no spin, or back spin variations.  I would say that is the only negative or downside for some users. 

On the upside:

- It has random, fixed, and programmable left to right landing spots (5 spots from L to R). 
- It has separate speed setting for the top and bottom wheels. 
- Equipped with a nice catch net.
- It has a memory function that recalls last use setup when turning the robot off...then on the next time.
- Comes with 2 extra throwing wheels....like all Oukei robots do!  +The wheel mounts are also adjustable.
- Has a possible12V battery power system to be purchased separately some how...(not sure how as I have not seen a battery offered for it.. but maybe a simple motorcycle type battery can be wired to it). 

The robot is controlled by a hand held IR remote pad.  This is nice to have with no extra wires to attach or get in the way of a fast setup to table.  But I must say, I do like having the control pad attached to the side of the table.  Sometimes it is faster to use a control pad/remote that is attached to the table side if you are the one hitting the balls.  If someone is there to change and adjust setting while your hitting balls.....this is a nice feature to have with the wireless remote though. 

If I do any further robot reviews....it will most likely be on this robot. 

Here is the manual courtesy of OUKEI USA.
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2012 at 5:26pm
Exactly!

I would like to find out more about it nevertheless. How would it compare to Newgy, since they are the same price.
Back to table tennis...
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2012 at 5:17pm
I was interested in this robot before and after some looking around it is a Killerspin trademarked Oukei 2700 V1 robot. The Oukei version is 200 bucks cheaper.
Back to table tennis...
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2012 at 12:18pm
I don't like any of them.  Sure the robot are OK at a basic level but until the two wheel robots can make their heads spin in reverse they can't truly simulate a chop or a loop.  I can understand why the under $1000 robots can't do this but there is NO excuse for the over $2000 robots.

I have a Newgy that I play with from time to time.   I wish I had bought a two wheel robot or better yet a two headed robot with two throw wheels each.   My company makes motion controllers and I could easily modify the robot by removing their controls and supplies and substitute my own.  Then making the wheels spin backwards or any way I want would be trivial.

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2012 at 11:39am
Originally posted by GoldenDragoon GoldenDragoon wrote:

It does look nice.for what is does.

not clear on whether it is programmable (like the Newgy 1050 / 2050) or not. And I wish there were more reviews Smile
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2012 at 10:44pm
It does look nice.for what is does.
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2012 at 5:31pm
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2012 at 3:14pm
What is the best-value 2-wheel robot on which one can run simple drills (like the Falkenberg, etc)?
baltazarek_brno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baltazarek_brno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2012 at 1:38pm
Nobody have Amicus or TW2700 robot ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baltazarek_brno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2012 at 2:07pm
I need detailed photo of Amicus or TW2700 head. Are there stepper motors ? I am going to use servo motors HITEC for airplane. For throwing wheels will be used small DC motors GRAUPNER SPEED 280 6V or SPEED 400 6V. Which is better. How big motors are in the robots ?
neutronbomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neutronbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2012 at 9:10am
I have a supermaster 5 and a newgy 2040. The supermaster comes with the net table recycle and the 2040 becomes a 2050 since it is interchangeable with the net recycle. 
I use the newgy for realistic backspin and topspin since the motor speed can be set to vary during play. 
I use the supermaster for practicing against loops. It has two wheels. I switched the 2 wires on the bottom motor around. Now it can do realistic slow loops, something the newgy can't do. 

USATT Rating 2059

FH Tibhar 5Q+

BH Giant Dragon Long

Hallmark Aurora

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baltazarek_brno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2012 at 7:54am
Hallo,
I would like to make my own home made TT robot. Do you anybody have Amicus or OUKEI TW2700 Robot ? I need dimension of throwing wheels and photo of throwing head. Can anybody help me ? Thank you.
swampthing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swampthing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 12:01pm
You could try tilting the head down and shooting the ball at the table right in front of the robot to make the ball bounce twice before you receive it. This will take some spin off. I've thought about placing a hard bat on the robots side and shooting the ball at it first to take more off, but have not tried yet.
Xiom Zetro Quad: FH: Hexer HD, BH: Hexer HD
Galaxy K-4: Tibhar Nimbus Medium, Palio Blitz
Comrade7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Comrade7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 8:33am
Hi friends!
I bought a supermaster gen 5 t288 and I love it, great entry level robot, except for one slight flaw

When you do backspin, ball exits robot at an ok speed but the backspin is violent. It's too unrealistic to try and loop back, no matter how hard you try.

Does anyone know of a way to work around this?

I was thinking maybe a dimmer on the bottom wheel motor perhaps?

Anyone have a schematic for the control box?
pongfan20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfan20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2011 at 1:33pm
Just ordered the 2050 from Newgy.com. Can't wait for it to arrive in 2 days. Thanks for your help, Rich.
pongfan20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfan20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 10:21pm
I just went through the user manual for both Aw32 and 2050. It seems that 2050 can do a lot more stuff that Aw32 can and provides a lot more variety (pre-programmed drills). It didn't seem like having just one rotor makes a huge difference. So unless you disagree, I'm going to go for 2050 tomorrow. Cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic