Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saive......Stiga?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RBTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saive......Stiga?
    Posted: 01/08/2009 at 11:56pm
Is this true....on the Stiga site it said that J.M. Saive is sponsored by Stiga now?  So long Andro.......... ;-)
Enrique
Sponsored Links

rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2009 at 12:04am
sounds like it... time to get the andro saive blade before it's too late...
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2009 at 12:22am
lol! its funny cause most of the andro blade range is reliant on the saive name!
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

RBTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2009 at 12:29am
Wow...thats true!  Doubt if Stiga will do that..... I do not think any of their blades have players names on them now like they used to years ago do they?
Enrique
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2009 at 4:27am
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

lol! its funny cause most of the andro blade range is reliant on the saive name!

Blax
SCCL
SuperCore Cell
Kinetic CF light
C.Suss hinoki
Explorer
Fibercomp
they only have a few blades with the Saive Name.

Anyway do you think his form will improve under the Stiga Brand.
Wouldn't Stiga have been better finding a younger Star.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2009 at 5:33am
I guess they think they're getting the big bang for the buck by going with Saive instead...
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
hubie60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hubie60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2009 at 7:02am
Stiga has lacked for years a high profile European name to market their wares. Jean-Mi is a big personality and will help Stiga in that way. Prior to this, Stiga's big European player had been Smirnov of Russia who came over from Donic.

It is still a surprise, after all this time, to see the flagship name of Andro wearing a Stiga shirt. I wonder what prompted the move. Who knows?  
Valentine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valentine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2009 at 7:05am
What prompted he to move? Easy: money. What I wonder is why would Stiga sign a player with only  one or two more years left before he retires.
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2009 at 8:31am
Originally posted by rokphish rokphish wrote:

I guess they think they're getting the big bang for the buck by going with Saive instead...

I doubt that it will make much differance.

I mean Look at Waldner - half the time he's wearing a Stiga Shirt & the other half the time he's wearing a Donic Shirt.

Timo Boll is on the Front Cover of the Donic Catalogue, yet is Butterfly's Main European Star.

Christian Suss is on the front cover of the Donic Catalogue, but is an andro sponsored player.

I really Cant understand how they allow it to all happen.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
RBTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2009 at 10:14am
True.......  The team from Sweden is sponsored by Stiga and the German team by Donic so that is why you see Waldner, Boll, and Suss wearing those brand shirts on occasion I would guess.  I remember seeing players at the Killerspin events wearing Killerspin shirts {promotional} but many with Donic, Butterfly, Andro etc. patches on those same shirts....... I hope JM does well with Stiga as he is always entertaining to watch play!! :-)
Enrique
RBTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2009 at 10:40am
I suppose it is possible the glue ban prompted his move to Stiga......
Enrique
Anger Manager View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anger Manager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2009 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by pingpongrob pingpongrob wrote:

Originally posted by rokphish rokphish wrote:

I doubt that it will make much differance.

I mean Look at Waldner - half the time he's wearing a Stiga Shirt & the other half the time he's wearing a Donic Shirt.

Waldner and Persson is donic players but the swedish team is a Stiga team.

Persson and waldner actuallu hade a legal issuses with SBTF about this. the players wanted to play in their donic shirt when they played in pro tour which donic payed for.

It�s still a issue between them.

When waldner plays for his former swedish club �ngby which is a Stiga club he has a special shirt made with the donic sign on it.
RBTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2009 at 4:59pm
I do remember reading something about that.  I also now recall the Swedish Team wearing Donic Shirts for some World Team Finals awhile back but not sure if that is still the case?  Did not realize it was such a big deal........ I think I also read that Persson is heavily involved in the politics of the ITTF { players?}and promoting the sport.  Heard that Waldner used to stay out of that but now may be more involved...not sure.
Enrique
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2009 at 1:13pm

i believe he changes brand because he was not happy with the andro rubbers after the glue ban... at the world cup he was perhaps the only player not using booster.

since the match against la vaillante angers he is using a stiga carbon wood (don(t know wich) and (i believe) the harder of the stiga boost.
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

P�r$son View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr$son Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2009 at 1:35pm
Yeah I read somewhere, that it's the Carbo 7.6 with its 13 plys.

And you're right, its Boost TP both sides.
BUTTERFLY
Korbel SK7 straight
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
Best Setup ever !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic