FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Dawei Rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kelvinyoong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dawei Rubbers
    Posted: 01/15/2009 at 1:02am
I just got 2 Dawei Inspirit Quattro rubbers today.

Both red but with different color sponges. One was yellow and the other was orange.

Is there any difference with the sponges?
Sponsored Links

Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2009 at 2:20am
Must be from different batches, Daweii is notorious on chaging things without people knowing

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2009 at 2:47am
i havn`t noticed a difference in colour but i have noticed a difference in softness,i have one quattro sponge that is soft and it corks on topspin shots ,but the other is firmer with no corking sound,the first one plays better!both are same sponge degree
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2009 at 2:52am
QC is quite notorious as well. I used a digital scale and weighed 4 rubbers uncut and with the plastic protecting the rubber.

1. IQ/Red/2.0/42 degrees - 68g
2. IQ/Red/2.1/42 degrees - 66g (Orange sponge)
3. IQ/Black/2.0/43 degrees - 76g
4. IQ/Black/2.2/42 degrees - 69g

The thicker sponge is lighter then the thinner one!
mwyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2009 at 4:50am
I recieved a couple of sheets (IQUL) within the last couple of weeks. Both with the same orange sponge, perhaps it was an accident? hehe
mrt4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrt4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2009 at 7:01am
The older ones is yellow and the new ones are orange? I played with inspirit for about a year ago ad the sponge was yelow. My friend still uses it and ow the sponge is orange?

\R
Swedish male, playing since 1993.

Blade: Timo boll w5
forehand: Tenergy 25fx 2,1

Backhand: Energy absorber 1,6

glue: waterbased!!!!

Valentine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valentine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2009 at 7:17am
I've had two pairs of Quattro. Sponge was always orange, but on the red sheets, the ittf logo is on the right side, about two cm away from the jtta logo, and on the black sheets it was closer to the jtta logo , less than one cm. Both red sheets play a little better than the black ones, a bit stickier and louder, although none of them really corks very much. All of them are max thickness, 37�. Are they from different batches?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2009 at 8:57am
I basically bought rubbers in the 1.8-2.1 and 2.1-2.3 range. Didn't buy any in the 2.3 above range.

So far only 1 rubber has the orange sponge. The rest are all in yellow.

How to tell an IQ and an IQ UL apart? Presports are out of stock for IQ UL so don't have any to compare with.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2009 at 9:41am
I just found out why the rubbers have a big difference in weight.

Almost all the sheets have different cut sizes. Some are larger.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2009 at 10:43am
Here is the thing as explained by Cole Ely

Quattro and regular sponges are of diff.color - orange and red. Quattro sponge, as I recall, should be a bit heavier.

Also when Dawei was experimenting with thinner topsheets and sponges (some of them at the Cole's requests) they produced batches of the rubbers of very different weights, sponge colors etc. They sold them all, so perhaps some of those rubbers are from slightly older experimental batches.

As for my latest Dawei IQULs - they are pretty consistent in weight. I think Cole is watching that for us.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
mwyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2009 at 11:31am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Here is the thing as explained by Cole ElyQuattro and regular sponges are of diff.color - orange and red. Quattro sponge, as I recall, should be a bit heavier.Also when Dawei was experimenting with thinner topsheets and sponges (some of them at the Cole's requests) they produced batches of the rubbers of very different weights, sponge colors etc. They sold them all, so perhaps some of those rubbers are from slightly older experimental batches.As for my latest Dawei IQULs - they are pretty consistent in weight. I think Cole is watching that for us.

What sort of connection does Cole have with Dawei? Does he work there?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic