tabletennis11.com

Feedback requested - Forum Improvements

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2009 at 9:27pm
Thanks for the feedback guys!

varghesep: I think a small number of irrelevant posts is to be expected, and most people don't mind this... If it get too far out of hand, a simple and friendly post within the thread, requesting to get back on track is usually enough... This would usually be done by the person that started the thread, or in this case, it could be yourself since it's about you and effects you most.

If it does not work, you can request the mod for that section to look into it, and perhaps post a firmer warning or PM if required... Usually a friendly reminder is all that's required, as most people do the right thing...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Sponsored Links

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2009 at 9:21pm
Varg....good point on keeping to the topic of thread.  Seems pretty hard to control without deleting the off point postings....that is how most well run forums do it though. 
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2009 at 8:55pm

A thread has been created for the guys who have dealt with me to provide some feedback. The thread has ended up with irrelavant posts.

How have you handled such situations in your experience?

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2009 at 8:42pm
Thanks for taking the mod position haggisv!     I like the way your forum is organized.  Something along those lines would work good here.  
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2009 at 8:41pm
instead of people posting topics like "need help" or "big problem"
be more specific in the title so that we can read it off straightaway, and we know we can help or not, rather than going into the thread and reading one massive paragraph of "oh this aint working blah blah"
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2009 at 8:31pm
Since you have experience with running tt forums before or now, you can share some of your past experiences, changes, so the members here can choose something from them that they like to see here in this forum also implemented.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2009 at 7:39pm
Firstly as newly elected moderator for this section, I'd like to thank everyone for your votes and posts in support! Although I never even considered nominating myself for it, I so flattered with the results, I decided to accept the position! I'm very happy that bull_harrier accepted my request to be a fellow moderator as well, as he's a great contributor here and I'm sure will be a good moderator as well! We will do our best to too look after this section, and hopefully can come up with some  improvement to make it even better.

This is where I'd like some feedback from the members here... What are the things that you currently like or don't like about this sections, and what would you like to see improved? Any ideas on how we can make this section  better?

I would personally like to see it a little more organised. Some of my ideas would be:

• Some of the most popular topics stickied at the top of the thread, at least during the time that they are of the greatest interest.
  • Encourage people to think a little more about the title of their post to make it a little more meaningful and also encourage them to post in the right section. This makes it a lot easier and quicker to find stuff, and you're more likely to get answers to your questions as well.

I'm not looking to make major changes here, as things are running quite well, but if we can tweak things a little to make some improvements, we all win in the end...

So I'm keen to hear your ideas, or to hear if you like my ideas listed above... Please post any feedback or ideas in this thread, or PM myself or bull_harrier if you prefer to discuss things privately...

Cheers guys!!!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic