Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New spezial shape fom a Off TT Blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
wkm1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2010 at 10:44am
@fatt

pm'ed
Sponsored Links

sb666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sb666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2011 at 6:39pm
Are you sure that it's new. I had a déja vu feeling and after 1 minute search:

It is from the wood bats: Sandpaper gallery but there are a lot of table tennis bats with eliptical shape. I just picked one. Go through the galleries, big fun!

3 early sandpaper bats from 1900.

Edited by sb666 - 07/13/2011 at 6:42pm
Nittaku Acoustic
Bryce FX max
Xiom Omega IV max
sb666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sb666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2011 at 6:02pm
I don't know how you look like and what you wanted to say with your comment and how you look like.  Therefore it could be that

1. Yes, you're agreed and you look like Chen Qi. 

2. You have a different opinion. In this case I'd like to say, that I meant the middle one, which I think is not far from the "shark attack". It is as sharky as Ulmo's egg like or tree like (e.g a thuya) or everything else like blade but if you wanted to say that there is a difference, yes there is. I just wanted to show that table tennis has a nice history with a lot of differently shaped blades.
Nittaku Acoustic
Bryce FX max
Xiom Omega IV max
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2016 at 8:13am
I will try to obtain it from the person who has it.

Edit, the person who has it will send it to me.  From there, it will go to whoever wants to test it out and describe it.  (That will not be me).
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2016 at 5:26pm
I have received the Ulmo Shark from wkm1 today.  Strangest looking thing I've ever seen.  It looks pretty much unused, arrived very well packed and in pretty much pristine condition, actually it looks like it has never been used, certainly the rubber sheets look unused.  So thanks to wkm1 for getting that done.

So, after the first of the year, I will be able to send it to someone within the US who wants to try it.  The deal is you need to write a review on this thing. 

I have no interest in it myself, I have the blade because I refereed this whole thing.  Seriously, showing up at a club with a blade shaped like that?  Not me.

But there will surely be some people with a taste for the eccentric.

Edit added. All the links to Ulmo blades are dead now. I honestly don't know if he makes blades anymore. So the idea of testing and reviewing this one could be
a day or two late.

Surely someone needs this. Someone? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Alternatively maybe could send it back to Ulmo. Does anyone have information on him?

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2016 at 1:53pm
I got a message from fatt. He asked me to contact Ulmo (Ulrich Moeller) and tell him, that his blade is "on tour" again. A few hours ago I got his response:
  • of course the blade can continue his world-wide tour and delight some more testers
  • if one of the test-players likes the blade, it is possible to buy the blade for 30€ + shipping
  • if some other members are also interested in this blade, they can get a new one for 40€ + shipping
I think, it depends on the question, how many players would like to test this "Shark"
  • if there are more than 1 testers, the journey should continue and if a tester likes it, he may buy a new one from Ulmo instead of this test-blade (he still has some of them)
  • if there is only one interest and he likes the blade, he may buy this test-blade and the journey ends
  • if no more forum-member is interested in a test, maybe one of the former testers wants to buy it
  • if neither the former testers nor any actual member likes it, we should send it back to Ulmo
But the last points are only my personal thoughts. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2016 at 2:53pm
Good. Let me know.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic