Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New spezial shape fom a Off TT Blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
UlmoGerman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New spezial shape fom a Off TT Blade
    Posted: 01/25/2009 at 11:42am
Hello,

i can offer a new shape of a table tennis blade. Sorry - at the moment i have only a short diskrition in german, but i hope i can make a translation next time.

Best Regards

ULrich MOeller
Sponsored Links

mwyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 11:54am
I honestly wouldn't be able to hit the ball with that.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 11:57am
Looks like a large spoon.  

UlmoGerman........which Mizuno rubber is that?   Have you used Mizuno blades or rubbers?  
brytaku25 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brytaku25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 12:04pm
I think you won't be able to play with that blade. I'm thinking about a blade like this. A normal carbon blade with a large sweet spot. Then the larger the sweet spot is, the larger the blade. So very shot is aimed for glory.
See you guys in the next life!...................

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 3:15pm
The rubber is from ESN. A friend give it to me - sorry thats all I know.

I have test the Blade - yes it`s differnt to a normal shape. I need 1-2 times training than i can play verry good with him.

Also the shape is optimized from the university of Bochum. The sweetspot ist larger the normal shape.

Cheers

Uli

table tennis blades
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2009 at 6:05pm

can I help with the marketing?

How about ULMO Shark Attack!!!???

Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 9:07am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

can I help with the marketing?

How about ULMO Shark Attack!!!???

Clap
LOL
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2009 at 12:56pm
man that blade bites bigtime!
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 2:45pm
the shape is optimized by the University of Bochum at the faculty of Matematic and the institute of Mechanics

Also i ask my customers witch blade we shud reaktivate at the nexttime

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 2:52pm
I want to wait that that blade concept matures a bit because those baby sharks chew and breaks all my balls instead spinning and hitting them.
I'll be happy to test one and write a review though if you send one to me (I'll pay for shipping).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2009 at 11:31am
pleas send me your post adress to my e-mail ore PN and i will send you a Shark Attack Off Blade for testing.

you can also use my contact formular

Best regards

Uli

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2009 at 12:07pm
Right on! Thank you UlmoGerman.
My shipping address will be in you PM box shortly after I'll post this.
In case you do not want the blade back after my testing I will send it to another member to start another journey in the "Modified KC" style.
For those who missed the Modified KC's wolrdwide adventures, read
http://mytabletennis.net/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13773
I am humbly asking Tommyzai, Metalone and  JimT to accept to be heads of the list.
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2009 at 12:17pm
Please include me in the list to test this "shark attack".
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2009 at 6:06pm
I'm in!
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2009 at 3:22pm
i will send the blade in the next days to fatt

cheers Uli
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2009 at 3:30am
UlmoGerman asked me what handle I wanted and I picked anatomic.

I'll try it for a few days and then it will go to (short list so far):

tommyzai
varghesep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2009 at 1:11pm
The blade is still on the way.

i had bring it to the post office today. The Shipping cost are 12�Cry
I hope you have some fun by testing the blade Wink

Cheers Uli

also the handle is a special shape in 3D. I will make a photo from the anatomic by the next days.

The konkave handle you can see: Table Tennis handle 3D

lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2009 at 1:20pm
it's a shame you will have to ruin a rubber while testing the blade....I doubt it will fit another blade!
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2009 at 2:19pm
pleas tell me fatt when you get the blade and when you start testing.

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2009 at 3:55pm
Dear UlmoGerman,
As soon as I receive the blade I will take pictures and post the results of my experiences with it.
Thanks,
fatt

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2009 at 1:33am
Hi guys,

I received the Ulmo Shark Attack and since I do not have used rubber I will wait tuesday to borrow some.

It came home safe and well packaged.

I will post pictures tomorrow unless the tidal popular demand asks me to do so right now,  tonight.

Gosh it's a nice looking blade!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2009 at 2:40pm
Hello fatt,

I hope you writ a report after testing my blade. I think you will need some times to use the benefit from the new shape. I need 3-4 times by training for it. After these time i can hit the ball more at the top and so i get mor spin into my game. Also the FS flip will be easyer with the blade because the lever is longer table tennis blades

best regards

Ulrich Moeller
ULMO-BLADES Tischtennis

her i play tt at the 2. team:
acer800 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acer800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2009 at 5:56pm
I would also be interested to see the results =)
You want A PERSONAL WEBSITE FOR SUPER CHEAP?
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=22979&PN=1#269260

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2009 at 2:41pm
i think we all will wait for fatt`s report ;-)

regards uli
ULMO-BLADES Tischtennis

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2009 at 3:02pm
I am a bit slow to organize myself.
I have a tourney Friday night and at that moment I'll get the used neutral rubber that I need to test the blade (I talked to a friend already).
Then I plan to test the blade in my garage vs my Amicus 3000 and at the club vs people my level next monday or tuesday.
The blade will leave my home toward Tommyzai or Varghesep on wednesday next week.
Thank you for your understanding.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2009 at 1:53pm
hello fatt,

did you test the blade? Can you pleas post your test report? :-)

best regards

uli
ULMO-BLADES Tischtennis

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2009 at 2:04pm
I did yesterday night with my Amicus 3000. I was planning to do it again at the club tonight but I have enough info. I'll post later tonight my full review about this great blade.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2009 at 2:18am
Here is what I experienced with Tenergy 64 on the FH and Coppa Gold on the BH on that 86 grams blade.

1st I have to say that because the dimensions of the blade I had almost an inch free between the handle and the bottom of the rubber and about a 1/4 inch off the blade on the sides. That made the blade head heavy.

What I really was curious about was the leverage I could get by hitting with the top of the head and I have to say the robot was the best partner to do that: I would have annoyed a human practice partner because...I missed a lot at first. Of course the sweet spot is already smaller when hitting/driving normally becasue the blade is only a bit more than 5 inches at its widest.
So trying to do so with the top of the head was a challenge but when I was successful I was rewarded with a rocket. It is sure that because the 7 inches tall head, the speed of its top is higher and so for a given wrist motion the stroke will be more powerful...at the expense of precision that can be built overtime --> after 30 minutes I was feeling comfortable.

Topspinning/Looping with the FH with the top of the head I could not do as well as the BH loop. The ball DOES TRAVEL ON THE RUBBER FROM RIGHT TO LEFT (looking at the rubber) when we loop so having a less wide rubber does not help. Also my FH loop is still shy so I wanted to do it more conventionally. The only way I could do it OK with the FH was to hit with a stone throw kind of stroke and change angle of the bat right at contact time to follow through with the ball: there I had a very fast ball that was spinny enough to loop down. However the margin for error is so little on that stroke and it would take great timing and fast positionment to perform consistently. For sure simply brushing the ball in a conventional loop was not easy for me. I frankly do not think this blade is done for that but a better player than me will have to confirm.

I have a fast wrist motion on the BH and so I had as much fun hitting and looping with the top of the head.

Flipping with the top of the head is definitely a pleasure!!!

Pushing and the short game has logically to be done with the lower sweet spot. Of course: why would you complicate your life on a stroke that does not require power?

HEY!!!!!! why did I write "lower sweet spot"? I guess because the blade has 2 sweet spots. One for power that is at the top and very small: no mistake allowed. One just below the middle of the blade.

Vibrations are those of an OFF/OFF- wood blade and on the hard sponge of T64 it felt really good.

My conclusion?

1) I like balance: to avoid a head heavy setup I need light rubbers on that blade and Stiga Boost TP 2.0 (from what I read about it...) on both sides seems to be a dream setup for me.

2) 7 inches head allows with its top to get more flex with more spring effect and speed but it requires more follow through with a faster arm speed.
Also it feels htat the spring effect is happening quicker so the timing is more critical than with a conventional blade.

3) the blade is more for hitters than loopers. I say this because I had fun hitting all the way and I was shy and focused while looping. It's generally the opposite in my game. However I may change my mind overtime and become as good a looper/hitter with it.

Thanks Ulmo for letting me try this blade. Please tell us: what is the name of the wood and the type of glue you used? also I could not see how many plies it has (?)

@varghesep and TZ: who wants to try it first?
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2009 at 2:40am
I wonder if you have an argument to develop with that two sweet spot concept.

Call it the " '8' sweet spot " technology that offers 2 sweet spots. Clap

People will ask "why 8 then???" Geek

You'll answer "because the 2 sweet spots on the head form an '8' ".Hug

Players will argue about the 2 circles of the '8' sharing space (which is true). Ying%20YangNukeOuch

Whatever it takes to lift the mayonnaise up baby!!! Big%20smile

ksarot View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksarot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2009 at 11:00am
It could be "egg" attack. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic