FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Review: Timo Boll ZLC vs ZLF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
super_tt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review: Timo Boll ZLC vs ZLF
    Posted: 01/28/2009 at 11:30am

After practicing for several times, I would like to share my impression of these 2 blades.

Specification:

Layers:  ZLC � 5+2, ZLF � 5+2

Thickness:  ZLC � 5.6mm, ZLF � 5.4mm

Weight:  ZLC � 85g, ZLF � 80g

Handle:  Both are ST

Rubbers:  Both sides of Tenergy 05 were stuck on ZLC and ZLF

My first impression was that the hitting feeling of ZLF is softer than ZLC. In addition, ZLC performs high speed than ZLF. But I can only say that different players would like to have different hitting feeling.  Therefore, I think the performance is more critical for reference.

Forehand practice:

ZLF generates softer feeling while looping and better trajectory can be generated in comparison to ZLC. It is due to adequate dwell time for making full stroke of looping. Higher returning rate can be achieved during competition mode. When hitting and smashing, ZLF generates a bit vibration while exerting greater force. The reason may be that ZLF has thinner structure and the fiber layer is softer than ZL carbon.

For ZLC, I feel stiffer feeling when looping and smashing. ZLC generates relatively less spin than ZLF due to the shorter dwell time and higher bouncing rate. You need to make full stroke of looping within a bit less time period than ZLF so that adequate spin can be generated. But I love the smashing power of ZLC.  Flat trajectory and greater power is achieved. Your competitor will have less chance to return. If skillful player handles this blade, I think great spin and high speed will be achieved.

Backhand practice:

Absolutely, ZLF performs better control and better looping on backhand when receiving the ball. The returning and landing point can be controlled well. ZLF is good for the player with backhand looping style. ZLC performs acceptable control when receiving the ball. Relative flat trajectory than ZLF is experienced on backhand looping. However, as I mentioned before, ZLC also performs better smashing power on backhand.

Limitations of ZLC and ZLF:

The player may need to have full stroke of hitting on ZLF so that the power and speed can be generated.   On the other hand, ZLC may require the player who mastered better looping skill and hand feeling so that the adequate spin can be performed.

Conclusion:

It�s all my personal opinion. It may not be available for everyone. It was concluded that ZLF is perfect for both-side looper and who can self-exert force in close table to achieve fast attack.  ZLF is suitable for the player who is mainly playing with looping and sometimes smashing.   Absolutely, ZLC is more powerful blade (in comparison with ZLF only). I would suggest the skillful player to try this blade.

Speed: ZLC > ZLF

Spin : ZLF > ZLC

Hand feeling of looping: ZLF > ZLC (It is just my personal point of view)

Hand feeling of smashing: ZLC > ZLF  (It is just my personal point of view)

ZLC and ZLF
Sponsored Links

super_tt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 11:31am
hehe......my ZLC, ZLF and ALCTongueTongueTongue

lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 11:33am
I use a MIzutani now and was thinking about getting a ZLF. But now I'm worried it will be too slow....
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
super_tt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 11:40am
hi,

I was using MIzutani Jun before. Tongue I love the hitting and looping feeling of this blade. Since the outer ply is made of Limba. I feel the Koto ply of ZLC and ZLF are bit stiffer for me......Sleepy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 11:41am
How much slower is the zlf than the mizutani?
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
super_tt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 11:55am
Originally posted by lildudejds lildudejds wrote:

How much slower is the zlf than the mizutani?

heheTongue.....I try to explain with some figures

if mizutani = 90, then ZLF = 78
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 11:58am
yikes. Probably too slow......Dang I was really excited about that blade too. And you would prefer Mizutani over the ZLC?
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
IAmI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAmI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 12:03pm
So how would you rate ALL 3 blades in terms of speed? Is the ALC in between the 2 maybe closer to the ZLC? As stiff as the ZLC or perhaps even stiffer?

Thanks super, nice reiew!
IFZLC
FH T05 2.1mm
BH O4a max
super_tt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 12:21pm

yikes. Probably too slow......Dang I was really excited about that blade too. And you would prefer Mizutani over the ZLC?

In my opinion, if you have been using Mizutani.....absolutely, no need to go with ZLF.Tongue

As I have not practiced with Mizutani for a moment. I only remembered that the speed is closerLOL

However, my 2 pcs of Mizutani are approx 91g but the ZLC only has 85g.....

Let me practice with Mizutani and ZLC again....then making conclusionTongue

super_tt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by IAmI IAmI wrote:

So how would you rate ALL 3 blades in terms of speed? Is the ALC in between the 2 maybe closer to the ZLC? As stiff as the ZLC or perhaps even stiffer?

oh........I only practiced with ALC for 20 mins............as I previously concentrated on ZLC anf ZLF.....

I will seriously try ALC and get back to you all very soonWink
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 12:52pm
super_tt,

It's a GREAT review.  Clap

I would say that your review met the Speedy's standard if it mean anything to you.  Smile
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
super_tt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by speedy speedy wrote:

super_tt,

It's a GREAT review.  Clap

I would say that your review met the Speedy's standard if it mean anything to you.  Smile

Hi Speedy

Thank youLOL

I will try my best in futureTongueTongueTongue
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 1:52pm
Yes, great review...

Please do a review of the ALC vs. the ZLF... That's the review people have been waiting for on this message board!

Clap

shigzeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shigzeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 4:52pm
i do not really like butterfly but those are beautiful blades..
http://www.touchmyapps.com
Marinoni: Fango

Yasaka Gatien Extra S
TSP OMEGA II 2.0 RED
Andro Impulse Speed 2.0 BLACK
DeathAngel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2009 at 9:20pm
Do you think that the Photino would have more dwell time because of the Hinoki outer plies or would the ZLF?
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

USA: 1522
CAN: 809
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2009 at 12:30am
Photino has OODLES of dwell time if you pair it with the right rubbers. But since the zlf is slower, it might. The Photino is an awesome blade I just wish it was a tad bit thinner and lighter.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
schumi27 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schumi27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2009 at 5:29am

Photino has OODLES of dwell time if you pair it with the right rubbers. But since the zlf is slower, it might. The Photino is an awesome blade I just wish it was a tad bit thinner and lighter.

Do you prefer Mizutani over photino? Are they very different?
magnon09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnon09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2009 at 5:51am
nice blades..and rubbers as well..
    -=Guitarist Ponger=-
     Certified Paclander

Butterfly Amultart
FH : Butterfly Tackifire 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy   1.9

super_tt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2009 at 9:18am
Originally posted by shigzeo shigzeo wrote:

I also like the racket case......it's my limitation editionTongue

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2009 at 10:14am
Originally posted by schumi27 schumi27 wrote:

Do you prefer Mizutani over photino? Are they very different?

They are quite different. Mizutani has a lower throw angle, feels alot harder and crisper. Photino is softer, has more dwell time. Personally I don't find much of a different in speed. Actually, because of it's weight I think you can get more power out of a Photino.

Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
IAmI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAmI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2009 at 5:40am
Originally posted by super_tt super_tt wrote:

oh........I only practiced with ALC for 20 mins............as I previously concentrated on ZLC anf ZLF.....

Any new info super?? Smile
IFZLC
FH T05 2.1mm
BH O4a max
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2009 at 10:49pm

Yes, I like the case.  It looks different.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
super_tt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2009 at 9:19am

Any new info super?? Smile
Hi,

As I am busy on my work recently and will take serious test for alc asapTongueWink
super_tt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2009 at 9:22am

hi,

As I like the case TongueLOLtherefore I bought this set of limited edition. But the price is a little expensive than i expectedCry
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2009 at 11:43pm

[/QUOTE]

can u take a picture of the inside of the case?

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

super_tt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2009 at 6:23am

hi Poker

Here you goWink
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2009 at 11:07am
ahhh.. it looks like it was a hard case from the outside....but its the plastic thing on the inside that makes it look hard then right?

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2009 at 1:23pm

hi,

As I like the case TongueLOLtherefore I bought this set of limited edition. But the price is a little expensive than i expectedCry

how much the prices?
in USD?
super_tt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2009 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by pokerpete pokerpete wrote:

ahhh.. it looks like it was a hard case from the outside....but its the plastic thing on the inside that makes it look hard then right?
Exactly, the case is soft. Then the plastic bracket becomes a supporter
super_tt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2009 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by mizutani_jun mizutani_jun wrote:

hi,

how much the prices?
in USD?
It costs US$240LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic