Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL VERSION REVIEW!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HURRICANE 3 NATIONAL VERSION REVIEW!!!!!!
    Posted: 02/12/2009 at 9:56am
Ill make this sticky for a few days so that many people can read it

Alas i havent made any reviews for an equipment for many months. tonight i had the chance to scrutinize and try an authentic hurricane 3 national version from a top junior player from china. our country's table tennis assoc. hired 2 top junior players and i had the chance to befriend one of them. i jumped on the opportunity to watch them train our national players and did some drills with them. i also0 borrowed the racket with a dhs h3 in it and here are the things that ive found out.
1. the set up:
blade: stiga v1 carbon flared (yeah i know most of us would say that this is a substandard blade but he uses it and he told me most players in china use a stiga blade.!!!)

fh: red hurricane 3 national version max
bh: black butterfly bryce max

now for the dhs h3

the topsheet:
it was a newly cut rubber and glued to the racket. the quality was a bit better compared to the commercial ones sold. the topsheet was a bit thinner also and the consistency across the surface is quite good. by the way its not that tacky. its not super tacky compared to other chinese rubbers but the spin comes from both mechanical and tacky surface grip.

the sponge:
orange sponge. i wasnt able to see the backside of the sponge because it was glued but i was able to check it thoroughly. the sponge was softer than the commercial ones. i compared it to my new ritc focus 2 orange sponge and the focus 2 has a harder sponge. if my focus 2 was about 43 degrees then the national version dhs h3 that i tried was about 42 degrees. the sponge quality is more or like that of the skyline series albeit better.. its less dense hence lighter than the commercial ones. he was using a wrb stiga v1 carbon blade and it wasnt head heavy even with bryce as his bh.

performance test:
i did some drills fh to fh, bh to bh and then loops. yes that h3 was springy compared to the commercial ones but not as springy compared to hybrid chinese rubbers with jpn sponges. the throw angle was medium to high when looping. i did the looping with that h3 and it was a bit easy to pick up heavy underspin balls even if your blade angle was a bit close. the thing is if you can brush enough, the heavy underspin would be easy to loop with this rubber. is it fast? yes it is but not as fast as other new chinese rubbers because its not too springy in the first place. it was a good smashing rubber from what i remembered because it wasnt soft but not too hard the control was good. all in all the rubber excels in looping and serving. ive noticed a difference in the spins of my serves.

the verdict:
with all the hype that people made about this rubber i say its overhyped! yes the rubber is good but there are lots of better rubbers in the market. this rubber is a special one but it doesnt mean that its better than other chinese rubbers. dont get me wrong its a very good rubber though i suggest people would stop looking for it and start training the strokes. you its an open secret especially when i saw them play tonight. their strokes are very basic but the level is perfect! you cannot find any complicated moves that they do but their basics are perfect and their playing style compliments with the rubber that they are using. its not the rubber its the player that uses it thats what matters.. in the coming days im gonna post some tips that i got from them hoping these would help us improve our games..

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2009 at 11:24am
orange sponge? isn't it a provincial rubber?

i believe that national H3 had blue sponge..

here is a pic of the sponge from a provincial rubber used by thomas keinath before he signs to joola...

i don't say that the rubber you played is not a national version by the way...

just asking me if there are different colors of sponge for national rubbers. 
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2009 at 11:38am
There are national versions with orange sponge to.. Ma Long, Hao Shuai and Chen Qi played with orange sponge before changing to blue whale.
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2009 at 10:10pm
actually the most common hurricane h3's that are national versions are orange.. besides the topsheet was red so if a blue sponge was placed on it i think it would be illegal right?
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2009 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

the topsheet:
it was a newly cut rubber and glued to the racket. the quality was a bit better compared to the commercial ones sold. the topsheet was a bit thinner also and the consistency across the surface is quite good. by the way its not that tacky. its not super tacky compared to other chinese rubbers but the spin comes from both mechanical and tacky surface grip.

i think you'll find it much better after it's being used several times compared to fresh/newly cut...

mine was/is very tacky. can hold up ball much longer than the provincial ones. when i first tried to bounce the ball (with a small hitting force upward, not just motionless waiting for the ball to hit the surface), it didn't bounce. it just stick to the rubber. when i held it upside down it could held the ball much longer than the provincial ones.

but for price-performance ratio... for me personally since i don't maximize/utilize its maximum capabilities... the provincial ones is better for me...

instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
Shadows View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2009 at 1:20am
does anyone know where to get these national version rubbers?
brytaku25 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brytaku25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2009 at 1:47am

the verdict:
i suggest people would stop looking for it and start training the strokes. you its an open secret especially when i saw them play tonight. their strokes are very basic but the level is perfect! you cannot find any complicated moves that they do but their basics are perfect and their playing style compliments with the rubber that they are using. its not the rubber its the player that uses it thats what matters

Everyone except EJs knows this

in the coming days im gonna post some tips that i got from them hoping these would help us improve our games..

Please do
See you guys in the next life!...................
Shadows View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2009 at 2:02am
can anyone compare national vers. with the H3 #19?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2009 at 8:18pm
rok, yup the chinese dude told me it gets better after some time. i think his h3 was about 2 days old.

"Everyone except EJs knows this"
and beginners too (not all people who look for this rubber are beginners btw) otherwise even if they are not EJ's they will not look for for the reason this will improve their games a lot

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic