Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Borko 5-Ply Hinoki: My Dream Blade Has Arrived!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Borko 5-Ply Hinoki: My Dream Blade Has Arrived!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2009 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by GenomicsKnight GenomicsKnight wrote:

Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

I played with it last night and have one word to say . . .
WOW!!
I'll post up a proper review later or b� tomorrow.

Please compare it to 7P-2A (I seem to remember you owned one before, right?).

Yeah, and he had several Septears also.  Not sure if he played with any though.
Sponsored Links

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2009 at 5:55pm
looks like the dima sawtech. Waiting for your review.
nashron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nashron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2009 at 9:24am
few weeks ago i test my fren's 'hado' the 9 ply hinoki... very fast with gud feeling... how is ur borko 5 ply hinoki? we are waiting to here ur complete review :)
Now i use DHS Hking 655 but i miss my the moments i use dr neubaeur firewall plus.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2009 at 12:17pm
It was very difficult for me to let go of my original Borko blade as I played so well with it. But, the new Borko hinoki blade plays very similar and it has two features I prefer . . . it's oversized and I like the smell. :-). I'll give a proper review later tonight if I can. Thanks for being patient!! I want to hit with it one more time before putting it in print.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2009 at 1:24am
I can make comparisons as I've owned (briefly in most cases) nearly every blade made during the past few years, but keep in mind I play an unconventional game. I cannot do the big floor to ceiling salute kind of loops. At best I can brush and drive. I mostly angle+punch block and smash. I'm not the best to review because of these reasons, but I'll do my best to give you my skewed impressions.

The Borko 5-Ply Hinoki has the following playing qualities that I value in a blade:

1. GEARS: Yes, it has at least two. The blade is soft enough to play up close with nice touch and control, yet when you need the power  . . . BANG!! You put the ball away.

2. POWER+CONTROL: The power is certainly in the hinoki and this is amplified by the LARGE sweet spot BORKOs created by using his secret gluing method and supreme craftsmanship. The same may be said about the touch/feel and control; however, I'm sure some of this is due to the cork handle. The lightweight handle also creates a slight head-heaviness that aids in the players ability to generate bat speed.

3. LOOK: It simply has a timeless, classic look with lovely grains.

4. FEEL: It's very comfortable in my hand. You can't beat the cork handle. I'm sure it will look ugly soon, but that's okay with me!

5. WEIGHT:  It's unbelievably light, but SOLID unlike some of the flimsy lightweight blades out there. I had no problem blocking the hardest drives.

6. FLEX: Well, I'd rate it as medium. It has enough to help with spin and stiff enough to help with blocking game. Perhaps this blade has a bit more dwell than most Hinokis . . . certainly more than 1-plies. :-).

If I had to compare this blade to any I've used it would be the 7p-2a-7t, but with more control and a little less speed. It's certainly more solid than the Nittaku Septear and some of the other lightweight 5-ply Hinokis out there. I think it's a lot like the one-plies, but with the low gear added.

THIS BLADE "TALKS."

. . . and I can hear it saying, "You can do it Tommy Zai!"

THANK YOU BORKO!!!!
monkey401 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 4:31pm
Yea, I have a 5-ply Hinoki Blade from Borko too (same replica that he uses himself).  It's great, has a lot of gears, puts massive spin on the ball and has greatly impressed me.  My blade probably has better balance (for my taste) since it's less head heavy (non-cork handle).  Overall, I'm very pleased with the blade and was considering selling it due to an arm injury.  I'm still debating about it, since it's seriously a masterpiece.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 4:35pm
monkey401 : pictures maybe?
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2009 at 2:59pm
OH NO, I fear this lovely blade will become a casualty of my inevitable switch to penholder.

Pack it away?
Cut it down to size?

OH NO!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic