FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

rubber for chinese Topspin Style

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2009 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Not to be combative dans, but I've never seen a 999 that was as tacky as a ritc2000.

Nor does stickiness have any bearing on quality, at least not necessarilly.

Oh, and I've not seen SP sold by itself in more than a year.

Guys, a question... how hard is the sponge under RITC 2000? Zeropong is selling it with MRS sponge, but that's not telling me much...

Same question for 729-5 if anybody knows. Again, Zeropong is not saying anything about hardness.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Sponsored Links

acer800 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acer800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2009 at 5:53pm
ALL MAX THICKNESS

GeoSpin Tacky Black - NO SPEED GLUE
Quatro UL - NO SPEED GLUE
H3- Speed Glue
H2- Speed Glue

I personally used H2 with chinese speed glue before and it was a dream.
You want A PERSONAL WEBSITE FOR SUPER CHEAP?
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=22979&PN=1#269260
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2009 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

The XIOM ZETA ASIAN may be a good choice for you.

good rubber .. but nothing near to tacky... like all other tensors.

everybody has this thing about 'tacky tensor' .. which doesn't exist :)
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2009 at 9:46pm
for the record all the globe 999 nationals that i have tried (black) are less tacky than the commercial ones
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
danhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2009 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Not to be combative dans, but I've never seen a 999 that was as tacky as a ritc2000.

Guys, a question... how hard is the sponge under RITC 2000? Zeropong is selling it with MRS sponge, but that's not telling me much...

Same question for 729-5 if anybody knows. Again, Zeropong is not saying anything about hardness.
   They're both pretty hard. I'd say around 44 degrees. Maybe a little more for the MRS and a  little less for the white sponge under the 729-5.    No one could possibly describe either as soft.  They feel sort of similar but the 729-5 is quite a bit faster and, for me, has more spin.
Big_Maama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big_Maama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2009 at 1:48am
Originally posted by ffx-me ffx-me wrote:

Its a good idea and there is a thread about it, just dont try to iron it or put it in boiling water, yes youll be able to separate them but they will be worthless.  go slowly with acetone (nail polish remover)

Why should the sponge be worthless afterwards? I mean; somebody in another forum just said he has seperated sponge and topsheet (of T05)with the iron-method and the result was just perfect.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2009 at 9:58am
Originally posted by danhs danhs wrote:

They're both pretty hard. I'd say around 44 degrees. Maybe a little more for the MRS and a  little less for the white sponge under the 729-5.    No one could possibly describe either as soft.  They feel sort of similar but the 729-5 is quite a bit faster and, for me, has more spin.

Ok, that's hard - I like that. Is 729-5 of comparable tackiness to RITC 2000? and how heavy are they?

cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2009 at 12:10pm
Blue Whale II
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2009 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by cagaragesales cagaragesales wrote:

Blue Whale II

??

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2009 at 12:44pm
Sorry there JimT. That post was just a reference to the initial question on the top of the thread. As for 729-5, I believe RITC2000, 729-2 and 729-08 are much tackier.
In my experience I'd rate them the following in terms of tackiness. Still I prefer H3 Pro and BW2.

729-08 >> 729-2 >> RITC2000 >> >> >> 729-5.
Notice the additional ">>" I really don't think 729-5 is really that tacky.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2009 at 12:50pm

Sorry there JimT. That post was just a reference to the initial question on the top of the thread. As for 729-5, I believe RITC2000, 729-2 and 729-08 are much tackier.
In my experience I'd rate them the following in terms of tackiness. Still I prefer H3 Pro and BW2.

This is very helpful. How would you rate them for sponge hardness?

If you had any experience with Reactor Tornado, could you put that into the same sequence somewhere as well?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2009 at 1:40pm
Hmm, that a good question on sponge hardness.
I don't really remember the exact differences in sponge hardness. I thought they were all fairly soft except for the 729-08 and the 729-5.

No experience with the Reactor Tornado, but I heard good things about it in China.
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2009 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

everybody has this thing about 'tacky tensor' .. which doesn't exist :)

Hahaha! Yes, when are these manufacturers gonna listen?! Can't they put Tackifire topsheet on a Tenergy sponge, pleeease? I'll even settle for a Bryce FX sponge.  How about H3 topsheet on a Plasma or Energy Xtra sponge.

But you know, the closest (for me personally anyway) that achieves this concept of tacky topsheet with fast Japan/European sponge is Juic 999 Elite Ultima.  Gotta get the max thickness though.  I've yet to try 999 Elite Nano and even though it's not officially a tensor, it's probably the closest "tacky tensor"

Big Maama, 999 Elite Nano is my recommendation so go buy it and give us a good review Smile

danhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2009 at 5:20pm

Originally posted by danhs danhs wrote:

Ok, that's hard - I like that. Is 729-5 of comparable tackiness to RITC 2000? and how heavy are they?

The tackspeed is tackier and considerably heavier but doesn't throw any higher.  Unless you're a chopper or combination blocker, I think 729-5 is a much better rubber. 
danhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2009 at 5:32pm

Are you talking about the original 729-2 or the sensor?  Even though the topsheets are marked the same, I found the sensor to be much less tacky.  It looks tacky but doesn't play like it at all. 
     On the other hand, even though the 729-5 isn't very tacky(it does have some tack) it still plays like a tacky rubber.  People say this about tenergy but it's more true of 729-5 IMO.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic