FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Footwork

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eD27 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eD27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Footwork
    Posted: 03/12/2009 at 11:09pm
i ahve a serious problem. i think its footwork.

not that i can't reach 1 corner to another is that, when people hit the ball right where i am,, i'm stuck. as a penholder, i feel that idk what to do. i'm still practicing rpb, but i dunno if i should block-push(bh) or forehand, and tend to do a mix of both, a akward movement, yes, and i lose that ways, always.

i get caught up right in front of me. i dunno how to improve this.

Sponsored Links

jpingchow123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpingchow123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2009 at 11:23pm
I remember facing this problem. It was a rather annoying due to lack of experience and no skill of rpb at all.
What helped me for short games (I play right handed) was that whenever the ball was closer to the right I would stroke and if it were more over to the left it be a block push. For a longer game you should be able to move into position a bit more easily, so depending on how close to the table you are take a step back. It helps.
That's what I did and it worked, but how I see it is that it takes trial and error and experience. The more you play/practice the better it should get. If you try what I suggested and it doesn't work try something else. You'll eventually get it.

Amultart CS
Bryce Speed 2.1
Tackifire Special Soft 2.1

YEO
Bryce Speed 2.1
Tackifire Special Soft 2.1
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2009 at 6:26pm
Does anyone have some pictures of footwork step drills.  Not so much for turning but the steps and angles your feet/body to the oncoming ball changing from the backhand end to the middle and or to the forehand and back?

I just want shadow this footwork so it becomes natural without thinking
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic