FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

My New Timo Boll ZLF - The Verdict

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
figgie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote figgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2010 at 4:22pm
cntcasey

1200-1600 and already going tensor...... hope you have a coach in the waits.
Speed glue, booster, tuner free since 2006!!!
Sponsored Links

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2010 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by lildudejds lildudejds wrote:

Anything made my ESN, for example Donic's line of desto or platin rubbers, most of Joola's rubbers, Tibhar Nimbus series, Andro Plasma or roxon series, ect.

Also, there is the new generation of these tensors, which would be Andro Hexer, Joola Xplode, Donic Barracuda, Xiom Vega, ect.

I'd recommend something like Andro Plasma, in 2.0 sponge or so. It is pretty controllable.

an elementary school student is not going to understand high school math. learn the basics first. walk before run...etc.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2010 at 4:26pm
Well not all tensors are bad for learning, but yes, if he gets one in max thickness, especially one of the new generation ones, then yes, it will be bad. One of the Desto series, or plasma series in a thinner sponge won't be all that bad.

But, assuming he lives in the US, He'd be just as well off getting some sheets of Inspirit Quattro UL from Cole. Very Very Affordable and still will have enough speed and spin for anybody.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2010 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

Anything made my ESN, for example Donic's line of desto or platin rubbers, most of Joola's rubbers, Tibhar Nimbus series, Andro Plasma or roxon series, ect. Also, there is the new generation of these tensors, which would be Andro Hexer, Joola Xplode, Donic Barracuda, Xiom Vega, ect. I'd recommend something like Andro Plasma, in 2.0 sponge or so. It is pretty controllable.

an elementary school student is not going to understand high school math. learn the basics first. walk before run...etc.

The only reason I even mentioned these rubbers is because he seems like the kind of player who doesn't know how much he really needs to develop before getting different equipment. I mean come on, in the first week here he has already been talking about getting 200 dollar butterfly blades, fast ones at that.

Casey, to be honest with you, stick with the TBS, and give Cole_ely an email. Have him set you up with some rubber. There is some good chinese rubber out there that will be easy on your wallet at your level, and will play MUCH MUCH better than your bryce you have now.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
figgie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote figgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2010 at 5:07pm
<-- I refined my form on none speed glued H2... Helped to go to the faster stuff...
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2010 at 5:10pm
Sure. H2 is a perfect rubber even for startups.

As for the previous advice, we have just assembled for a friend Shark X686 with Dawei 2008 Super Power XP, 2.0 mm. Real power with much better control than with, say, H3. IB TECH-Exonsor (advanced tensor) technology with 4 sponge options - 2.2mm/2.0mm/1.8mm/1.5mm
cntcasey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cntcasey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2010 at 5:12pm

Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

[QUOTE=lildudejds]Anything made my ESN, for example Donic's line of desto or platin rubbers, most of Joola's rubbers, Tibhar Nimbus series, Andro Plasma or roxon series, ect. Also, there is the new generation of these tensors, which would be Andro Hexer, Joola Xplode, Donic Barracuda, Xiom Vega, ect. I'd recommend something like Andro Plasma, in 2.0 sponge or so. It is pretty controllable.

Casey, to be honest with you, stick with the TBS, and give Cole_ely an email. Have him set you up with some rubber. There is some good chinese rubber out there that will be easy on your wallet at your level, and will play MUCH MUCH better than your bryce you have now.

I am sticking with my TBS I am not going to change my blade for at least 2 years I have committed to it. I do need to do something about my rubber. I am not 100% satisfied with Bryce. If it's possible to get a controlable tensor rubber that is what I want to do! Thanks for the suggestions and for helping me see I do not need the Timo Boll ZLF, It would be much wiser to stick with the TBS and get some new rubbers. I will look in to all the suggestions you have mentined. The hardest part is not knowing exactly what is and what is not a tensor rubber. OH yes that is why t this forum has a search option! How could I be so stupid?  I hope and pray that don't shut this thread down as well! I hope Mr. Bull does not read this thread! Big Brother is watching you!
figgie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote figgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2010 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by cntcasey cntcasey wrote:

....How could I be so stupid?  I hope and pray that don't shut this thread down as well! I hope Mr. Bull does not read this thread! Big Brother is watching you!

Don't be cynical as it serves no purpose than to fuel the fire.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2010 at 5:44pm
I am sticking with my TBS I am not going to change my blade for at least 2 years I have committed to it. I do need to do something about my rubber. I am not 100% satisfied with Bryce. If it's possible to get a controlable tensor rubber that is what I want to do! Thanks for the suggestions and for helping me see I do not need the Timo Boll ZLF, It would be much wiser to stick with the TBS and get some new rubbers. I will look in to all the suggestions you have mentined. The hardest part is not knowing exactly what is and what is not a tensor rubber. OH yes that is why t this forum has a search option! How could I be so stupid?  I hope and pray that don't shut this thread down as well! I hope Mr. Bull does not read this thread! Big Brother is watching you!
[/QUOTE]
Ok, so you're staying with the TBS. that's a good start.
How long have you been playing with the Bryce? is that your first rubber? what do you see that the Bryce is not doing for you? what does your coach say about you using the Bryce at your stage of playing?
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
kelvinyoong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2010 at 6:06pm
@cntcasey

It is good that you are going to stick to your TBS. This is good decision.

If you are dead set to go for a tensor rubber against most of the experienced forum members advice.

And to fit your requirement of not been to expensive that i recommend you give Palio Macro Era a try. It is ESN 4.5G Tensor rubber and is cost about USD$30 per sheet from ttarmory.com

It comes with 2 different hardness which is 47.5 (medium hard) and 42.5 (medium soft).

You can buy 1 sheet to try and if you like it, you can buy another. You will have to test to see which hardness and thickness will suit your style of play.
Andrzej Grubba AN
Sriver 2.1 Sriver 1.9
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2010 at 6:14pm

I am sticking with the TBS! Now I just need to find a post speed glue rubber that would be suitable for a 1200 to 1600 player?

Is the rubber solocion a post speed glue ban rubber?

If you want to discuss a rubber that would be a good match for the blade you are using then first go to the search button above and if you can't find any information then start a new thread.
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
Reinecke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinecke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2010 at 7:12pm
Wasn't there a recent thread about rubbers to match TBS? Or was that yours casey? You should be able to look just a few pages back.
Mizutani Jun ST     
Tenergy 64       
Tenergy 64
cntcasey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cntcasey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2010 at 7:31pm
Ok, so you're staying with the TBS. that's a good start.
How long have you been playing with the Bryce? is that your first rubber? what do you see that the Bryce is not doing for you? what does your coach say about you using the Bryce at your stage of playing?

I have been playing with the Bryce ever sense I got the TBS! That was about 4 months ago! I do not like how bryce does not allow you to feel the ball on the blade.  I want to feel the ball on the blade I like to feel the vibrations in my hand that the ball hitting the blade send to the hand!

As I tried to explain on the other post that was closed by Mr. Boll I played with a playing partners TBS who -Plays with Tenergy 05 and I could really feel the ball on the blade I could feel that immediate feed back in the hand and forearm that I personally like. Personally I want to feel the ball. I do not like the fact that that Bryce does not allow me to feel the ball.

So my Problem  is this My coach recommends that I play Bryce but I do not like the feel. He does not nor does any member of this great forum recomend that I play Tenergy at this point in my development and I respect this 100%, So I am left to discover what rubber would be good for me that gives the same ball to hand feed back as tenergy, but will not hinder my development. This is exactly what I typed in the other thread but they shut it down saying that I need to do a search and not ask this question! Well I have tried the search option and I can not find the answer. I have done as they have asked and can not find an answer so I can only ask again and hope they don't shut me down again. By the way thanks to all those who truly have helped me! It frustrating to feel like you  can't ask questions!
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2010 at 7:47pm
You keep telling us how great your coach are and you don't listen to his suggestion. Why don't you tell him what you feel and see how he recommends you. If you don't have the trust on his recommendation, then you should look for different coach

People in the forum can not tell you much since
1. They don't exactly know what your level.
2. They don't play the same style as yours and they don't know your style.
3. They may not like the feeling as your feeling.

As what I have done, I find the blade which I like. Then I keep changing rubber until I get the comfortable combination. People keep saying that it is EJ. But by doing so (really expensive), I will make sure that I get what best fit for me.
kelvinyoong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2010 at 7:47pm
If you want to have vibration to feel the ball then give the Palio HK1997 Biotech 39-41 a try. I am sure you will feel the vibration from this rubber.

Get one sheet, put in on your FH and see how it plays. Only you can determine which rubber will suit you as everyone's feeling is different.

Humbly you should avoid Tenergy and Tensor rubbers at this stage. Your coach is right to recommend Bryce unglued for this reason. Unless you insist then look at my previous post.

Your coach should (unless he only plays with Butterfly products) be able to recommend another rubber to you.
Andrzej Grubba AN
Sriver 2.1 Sriver 1.9
cntcasey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cntcasey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2010 at 10:26pm
Your coach should (unless he only plays with Butterfly products) be able to recommend another rubber to you.

My Coach is butterfly sponsored and so he will only recommend butterfly rubbers.

Does any one know if the butterfly rubber Solcion is considered a tensor rubber? I know Solcion it has Butterfly's High tension sponge, but I am not sure if just because a rubber has high tension sponge does that automatically mean that it is considered a tensor rubber? I have been thinking about Solcion as an option but have no idea.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2010 at 10:44pm

I am sticking with the TBS! Now I just need to find a post speed glue rubber that would be suitable for a 1200 to 1600 player?

Is the rubber solocion a post speed glue ban rubber?

Tensor is a trademark of the German company ESN, if I recall correctly.

Buy some 2.0mm and 1.8mm 35 degree IQUL from cole. You won't be unhappy.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2010 at 10:59pm
Yes no butterfly rubbers are tensors. And even those "high tension" sponges still need speed glue to really come alive.

Give Bryce Speed FX a shot, all though it's very fast, so maybe something like Roundell, or Sriver G3 would be better.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2010 at 1:48am
I used solcion for a bit - and if you are happy with loops that never miss the table that vary in spin depending on what you loop its a good rubber.

The best shot with solcion is when you go for a super big kill loop and the play has moved a couple of metres back and the ball dives in front of their feet.

Or you roll loop and they think its spinny and keep blocking into the net.

check my solcion video for that... 
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
mindfreak19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindfreak19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2010 at 8:02pm
i used to play plasma 430 on a tbs
soft rubber controllable fast and spinny, what more could you ask for.

i have 3 of them for sale, all in red.

not to mention, i have limited edition national team version of roxon 450 in black. great rubber for forehand, spin and speed is awesome, great for a 1200-1600 player, great control. i used to use it myself. couldn't get myself to use my third and last sheet, so i'm selling it.

pm me if interested, can give you a good deal
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2013 at 5:38am
After reading many posts about the ZLF fiber, I was afraid buying a ZL blade. But took the risk after getting to a conclusion that tbs viscaria and the alc variation are weak for controlling the ball over the table, and the acoustic and it's variation korbel miss the sweet spot and the blocking over the table. This blade after owning it is a GOTCHA. Feel control that I can make short balls bounce 4 times over the table, looping is very ne'er the alc but much more spin and accuracy. I got tears in my eyes after spending so much money and time. The perfect blade whatsoever for a looping style and master game over the table. Low balls when pushing tremendous spin whan looping. A piece of art.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Firestarter View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firestarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2020 at 10:56am
can I revive this post? 😂
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic