Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hurricane 3 on tenergy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
F.Z. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F.Z. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hurricane 3 on tenergy
    Posted: 04/05/2009 at 2:38pm
i managed to put some old commercial hurricane 3 on an old tenergy05 1.9 sponge. i used nail polish remover to get the spong of the rubber sheet. and glued it together with andro free glue.

I made the pictures in the bathroom as you can see, because of the nail polish remover.

I put it on a samsonov alpha and its as fast as a tenergy05. It's very spinny despite of the fact that the hurricane is almost out of tacky. If it is brand new it would be perfect.
BTY Timo Boll Spirit ST
FH: tenergy 05 2.1(B)
BH: tenergy 64 2.1 (R)
Sponsored Links

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2009 at 3:13pm
buy a new h3 and try it. But maybe the next tenergy should be tacky and not grippy?
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
F.Z. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F.Z. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2009 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

buy a new h3 and try it. But maybe the next tenergy should be tacky and not grippy?

yes it should, it would be great
BTY Timo Boll Spirit ST
F.Z. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F.Z. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2009 at 3:33pm
they would get a lot new customers, it would be even better when they sell the sponge...but they probably won't
BTY Timo Boll Spirit ST
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2009 at 3:34pm
I always wondered why the Chinese National team didn't do something like this. You didn't change the playing characteristics of the top sheet or sponge so it's perfectly legal, right? 
F.Z. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F.Z. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2009 at 3:45pm
i think so, there comes some nail polish remover on the rubber sheet and sponge but i just washed it of with water.
BTY Timo Boll Spirit ST
DeathAngel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2009 at 4:49pm
Ive always wanted to do this :P 
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

USA: 1522
CAN: 809
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2009 at 4:55pm
niiiiiiiiice (Y)
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2009 at 4:59pm
You don't think nail polish did anything to the sponge? Like tuning it? Expanding it?
How long did you give the sponge dry from the water?
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2009 at 5:11pm
why did u cut the rubber before you fixed it? wouldnt it be better if you separated them, fixed the topsheet to the spring sponge, glue it to the blade then cut it.
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
DeathAngel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2009 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Asaomi Asaomi wrote:

why did u cut the rubber before you fixed it? wouldnt it be better if you separated them, fixed the topsheet to the spring sponge, glue it to the blade then cut it.

He already said they were old pieces and wanted to try it out.
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

USA: 1522
CAN: 809
F.Z. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F.Z. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2009 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Hookshot Hookshot wrote:

You don't think nail polish did anything to the sponge? Like tuning it? Expanding it?
How long did you give the sponge dry from the water?

no it did nothing. and i just throw some water over it and wiped it off with a towel.
BTY Timo Boll Spirit ST
F.Z. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F.Z. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2009 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by DeathAngel DeathAngel wrote:

correct
BTY Timo Boll Spirit ST
F.Z. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F.Z. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2009 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by F.Z. F.Z. wrote:

Originally posted by DeathAngel DeathAngel wrote:

correct

It would also get very expensive when i have to buy 2 rubbers, just to get them separated and glued again
BTY Timo Boll Spirit ST
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2009 at 8:16pm

Tenergy 05 is not spinny enough already?
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2009 at 9:22pm
That's a great idea! They still don't make real tacky rubbers with a good glue effect sponge, unless it's tuned of courseBig%20smile
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
F.Z. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F.Z. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2009 at 2:43am
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

Tenergy 05 is not spinny enough already?

The problem is that the topsheet of the tenergy is wearing of to fast. This solution is great. Stil one problem...can't get tenergy sponge
BTY Timo Boll Spirit ST
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2009 at 4:49am
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

I always wondered why the Chinese National team didn't do something like this. You didn't change the playing characteristics of the top sheet or sponge so it's perfectly legal, right? 

i think wang hao played with a sriver topsheet on a bryce sponge...
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2009 at 4:50am
Originally posted by F.Z. F.Z. wrote:

i managed to put some old commercial hurricane 3 on an old tenergy05 1.9 sponge. i used nail polish remover to get the spong of the rubber sheet. and glued it together with andro free glue.

I made the pictures in the bathroom as you can see, because of the nail polish remover.

I put it on a samsonov alpha and its as fast as a tenergy05. It's very spinny despite of the fact that the hurricane is almost out of tacky. If it is brand new it would be perfect.

you can call it hurricanergy!

Takadigi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Takadigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2009 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Boss1703 Boss1703 wrote:

Or, TerricaneBig%20smile
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2009 at 11:03am
@ F.Z.  Let me just say, you are da man! I have tried something like this many years ago.  I had a Juic 999 (Attack type I think) so I didn't like the hard sponge.  So separated the sponge from an old Mark V and glued the Juic 999 topsheet on the Mark V sponge.  Note that this particular Juic 999 topsheet has the Globe 999 brand and I think Juic just adds their name on the topsheet.  This was before Juic had their own 999 Elite series which I also like.  This was from maybe ten years ago and I still have the rubber.  Still tacky and still picks up a ball!

You should write a short review.  For my Juic 999 top/Mark V sponge hybrid, it wasn't as good as I expected.  The topsheet was too firm that it didn't really let the ball sink in to benefit from the Mark V sponge.  However, the sponge was old so it might not have been springy enough.  I can say for a fact though that my hybrid is still springier than a new Globe 999/Saviga or a Globe 999/Quattro even now ten years later.  Go figure.  And anyone who attempts to separate a Japanese topsheet from the sponge has my respect.  I used acetone just like you did.
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2009 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Takadigi Takadigi wrote:

Originally posted by Boss1703 Boss1703 wrote:

Or, TerricaneBig%20smile

no!

that is a tenergy topsheet on hurricane sponge...

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2009 at 3:08pm
Hey next time boil the rubber in a saucepan then remove about an inch or two of the top sheet then stick it back in the water then another couple inches. This softens the glue enough that the top sheet peels of very easily and doesn't damage the topsheet or sponge (I can see you have ripped holes in your sponge, this wont happen if you boil them). I've been removing all the old sponges I have lately but I still don't know whats the best glue to use to stick them back togther with and where to get such glue in Australia. I'm going to try 729-5 on DHS#19 sponge to see if a softer sponge cures this rubbers problem. Maybe if everyone removes their old sponges and topsheets carefully we can swap some and come up with some good combinations

F.Z. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F.Z. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2009 at 3:21pm
@nicefrog
the little damage was because i have had used the otherside too

could you write down every step of your method like
BTY Timo Boll Spirit ST
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2009 at 3:26pm
http://www.tennis-de-table.com/forums/sujet-33321-1.html

here is a methode... it is in french but you can use a translator...

BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2009 at 6:22pm
My French is... well, nonexistent.  So just to clarify, do I boil the water, then leave it boiling and drop the rubber in while the heat on the stove is still on?

Or boil the water, turn off the burner, and throw the rubber in? I hope the rubber doesn't burn or melt or turn into gummy worms.

I will try this with an old Bryce 1.9mm.  I'll either stick a Cream or Tackspeed 2000 topsheet.
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2009 at 3:03am
You boil rubber in the water, when its all 100c grab it out (don't do this if  you are a teenager with thin skin :) maybe use tongs if your young and fragile.

Then peel the top sheet off a small amount, it cools very fast so the glue hardens again before you have gone far, then throw it back in the water then repeat until they are seperated. 100c is no where near hot enough to damage rubber or sponge, all it does is soften the glue

Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2009 at 4:37am

scottymang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottymang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2009 at 7:14am
Thanx for the translation Bossman.

I used Donic Vario Rubber Remover.
It worked great on the Tenergy and on an old Skyline3.
But that topsheet wasn't tacky anymore so i used a fairly new Skyline3 blue no.21 sponge and that didn't go so well.
A lot of sponge came of with the topsheet.
I think the sponge was just to soft.

Btw. Is there a way to make my old skyline tacky again??
Timo Boll ALC + 2x Rakza7 max = Scottymang
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2009 at 7:16am
Originally posted by scottymang scottymang wrote:

Thanx for the translation Bossman.

I used Donic Vario Rubber Remover.
It worked great on the Tenergy and on an old Skyline3.
But that topsheet wasn't tacky anymore so i used a fairly new Skyline3 blue no.21 sponge and that didn't go so well.
A lot of sponge came of with the topsheet.
I think the sponge was just to soft.

Btw. Is there a way to make my old skyline tacky again??

try some euci oil or spinmax aqua
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic