Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

my first t.t. vid.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
abshadow15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abshadow15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my first t.t. vid.
    Posted: 05/13/2009 at 3:30am
hey guys...please watch it then give some comments.I just picked out some parts of it because as you will see, the opponent cannot be seen there.so I'll make another video clip..

thanks.

Abshadow15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQk-t90L2-I
CURRENT SET-UP:
blade: Donic Black Devil
FH: BWII
BH: Sriver L
Sponsored Links

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2009 at 4:45am
your fh is a bit wierd, u do something with ur wrist [almost folding/turning it] last second close to the table when its low, that creates very inconsistent shots and espcially against heavy underspin, it will be extremely difficult, and not a good long term solution.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

rupertgriffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rupertgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2009 at 5:39am
yeah i found that too
feels like your stroke is too flimsy
when you open loop, you kinda squat at the same time. You want your power to go forward, not downward
there was one where when you looped, you jumped both your feet forward
try have one solid yet fluid swing that finishes high
also shift your weight from left to right foot, twisting your torso at the same time
constructive feedback :D
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2009 at 8:35am
i think you need to get grippier shoes or find a new place to play, half the reason you feet and shot is a bit all over the place is that you dont seem to be grounded: slip sliding around a bit.

Not bad mate how old are you and how long you been playing?

there is a kind of upward flick or something to the shot, where your wrist seems to bend backwards.

im trying to do this with out seeing what the others said first.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2009 at 9:55am
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

your fh is a bit wierd, u do something with ur wrist [almost folding/turning it] last second close to the table when its low, that creates very inconsistent shots and espcially against heavy underspin, it will be extremely difficult, and not a good long term solution.

I also noticed the whole forehand strangeness.  But what sticks out more to me is the actuall stroke, how he bends his knees (both of them) more when actually looping.  It creates a confusion of what advice to give beacuse:

Although, you want to be using your body and twisting motion of stroke for power, Ma Lin loops like this and he's like the best in the world lol

Although, win Ma Lin does it he's farther back and already in a looping rally.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abshadow15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2009 at 11:42am
thank you for all the comments.
CURRENT SET-UP:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abshadow15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2009 at 11:50am
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

thanks theman.i'll "lock" my wrist.

i'll do another video tomorrow.
CURRENT SET-UP:
asr1990 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asr1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2009 at 11:55am
Originally posted by rupertgriffin rupertgriffin wrote:

yeah i found that too
when you open loop, you kinda squat at the same time. You want your power to go forward, not downward
also shift your weight from left to right foot, twisting your torso at the same time
 i disagree with the stroke finishing high

better to go forward then upwards, more spin and speed
mizutani jun
tenergy
bryce speed fx
Will be trying Zeta soon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abshadow15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2009 at 11:55am
Originally posted by rupertgriffin rupertgriffin wrote:

yeah i found that too

I squat because my opponent will start serving as soon as he gets the ball. I dont have enough time to establish a good position.
CURRENT SET-UP:
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2009 at 12:02pm
1)your wrist is your best friend in table tennis.
DONT'T EVER LOCK IT!!!

2)when you open loop against underspin do exactly the same thing than in the video but go down on the left leg only (as a left handed player).

3)sometimes in practice take 10 minutes to gently loop having your whole body more loose. it will help having the power coming more fluidly from your feet all the way to the blade.
I don't say you are stiff. I just think you have just a tendancy to be stiff and by looping loosely you gain a lot of power. Then when you add speed on looseness you gain tremendous power.
my 2 cents. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abshadow15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2009 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

i think you need to get grippier shoes or find a new place to play, half the reason you feet and shot is a bit all over the place is that you dont seem to be grounded: slip sliding around a bit.

Not bad mate how old are you and how long you been playing?

there is a kind of upward flick or something to the shot, where your wrist seems to bend backwards.

im trying to do this with out seeing what the others said first.

yes i admit it.our club is very slippery.but my shoes?they're grippy man.but not on that kinda floor.it's very slippery.i won't go other clubs because that is the place where I learned how to play table tennis.i think leaving that club is like betraying my teachers who taught me from basics until now.

I'm only 15 years of age and I play for less than 10 months.

that flick?i hate that part.i just can't master the flick yet.i'm studying that move for more than a month.
CURRENT SET-UP:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abshadow15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2009 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

1)your wrist is your best friend in table tennis.
DONT'T EVER LOCK IT!!!

2)when you open loop against underspin do exactly the same thing than in the video but go down on the left leg only (as a left handed player).

3)sometimes in practice take 10 minutes to gently loop having your whole body more loose. it will help having the power coming more fluidly from your feet all the way to the blade.
I don't say you are stiff. I just think you have just a tendancy to be stiff and by looping loosely you gain a lot of power. Then when you add speed on looseness you gain tremendous power.
my 2 cents. 

thanks fatt..what do you mean by "my 2 cents"?
CURRENT SET-UP:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abshadow15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2009 at 12:14pm
guys, wait until tomorrow. I'll do another video. including the way i loop, and some of my serves.
CURRENT SET-UP:
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2009 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by abshadow15 abshadow15 wrote:

it's an english expression meaning something like "just my humble participation to the conversation"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abshadow15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2009 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

it's an english expression meaning something like "just my humble participation to the conversation"

oh I see..
CURRENT SET-UP:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abshadow15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2009 at 12:27pm
and you know guys, I'm very very TIRED that time.i started playing at 3pm then i to0k that video at 6pm.with 4 straight matches and only 30 mins. of rest.
CURRENT SET-UP:
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2009 at 3:07pm

I squat because my opponent will start serving as soon as he gets the ball. I dont have enough time to establish a good position.

I would not let the opponent do that to you.  The server must allow the receiver to be set and ready for the return.  Hold your hand up in the air until you are in position.  If they do not wait for you then.....when it comes time for your service, wait about 15 seconds before serving....then ask if they are ready yet.  haaaaa  just kidding. 
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2009 at 3:18pm
abshadow15, I can see exactly the problem with your loop/fh, but it's a bit too complex to explain I think. Pretty much you are not using your torso much and your legs are wrong but don't worry about that for now. With your torso the little twist you are doing seems to be happening locked with your arm a very robotic kind of move?.

But really liek Jim was saying you need to move your body more whip like. more fluid, Start with your torso kind of on a angle from downward to upwards to rip your shoulder into into motion, it should be more of a whipping motion torso > chest > shoulder > elbow and finally the wrist. You have to employ all of those in a big single motion to make the power and continue the rotation of the torso at abb level as you hit the ball to get your forward speed on the ball, your forward pace should come from the abbs and the spin from the chest and arm and wrist. That's my thoery anyway.  Still there's 1000 different ways you can hit the ball and still be effective and at age 15 your still along way from being full grown and at your adult strength.

I don't think there's anything hugely wrong with your stroke, the timing of all the events just isn't quite right, I think once you get that right the legs will follow, but just think of yourself as a big rubber band unwinding :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic