Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Ebenholz Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
ppcircle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppcircle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2009 at 7:40am
 I don't think it is fair to compare this blade with any Carbon Blades. Carbon Blades including Schlager are too rigid and stiff. It is somcetimes very hard to control when your player serves spinny and powerful attack. The VII blade can serve return without any vibration. This is the advantage of wood balde. In terms of spped, it still behind Hurricane king, tensor, but faster then Violin and Ludeack and Hurricane Hao. This is plys to plys, not carbon to plys nor one ply hinoki.
Sponsored Links

chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2009 at 8:05am

Maybe this blade excells with light rubbers  any one tried?

AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2009 at 8:25am
Ebenholz V ST handle is head heavy, I wonder how head heavy is the FL master or legend handle. I put 2 light rubbers on it, mambo GP n roxon 450 both 40 gr. It already feels head heavy, but not much. Tenergy on Both sides will become really head heavy.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

mcd0nald View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcd0nald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2009 at 8:40am
i dont know how you measure Stiga NCT VII is behind HK in terms of speed....since i have been using  HK (2 blades) for quite long time ...so i m pretty familiar with HK's speed

Originally posted by ppcircle ppcircle wrote:

I don't think it is fair to compare this blade with any Carbon Blades. Carbon Blades including Schlager are too rigid and stiff. It is somcetimes very hard to control when your player serves spinny and powerful attack. The VII blade can serve return without any vibration. This is the advantage of wood balde. In terms of spped, it still behind Hurricane king, tensor, but faster then Violin and Ludeack and Hurricane Hao. This is plys to plys, not carbon to plys nor one ply hinoki.
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: NEO H3 Prov 38 degree (BLACK)
BH: XIOM Vega Asia (RED)
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2009 at 9:17am
I agree that Ebenholz  st handle is head heavy  the legend is more balanced  .I know this because I have tested both,mind you they both play well but having more than one blade confuses certain players and I happen to fall into that category. Dont know which one to sell, they both play well.
 Watching Chen Qui play  I get the feeling his racket is quite heavy by his hand action (I speak subject to correction). The ball comes off this blade really nice as I realised one of by hardest ever kills yesterday during practice,It drew coments from onlookers.and like I said there is something ,some technique we ebenholz users have to unlock before this demon blade delivers, it is there I feel it.

Mean while I am still faced with having to decide which one of the worlds most beautifull blades to keep. (laugh)

I refer to Chen Qi because he is the only world class player I know of that use this blade . Does any one know other world class players who have adopted this blade.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2009 at 9:33am
To Mcdonald from Australia , how does your blue whale work with your Ebenholz  blade? Is it conflicting or are you happy with the combination you have chosen . I will be happy to hear your reply as I am trying to find the right  FH  rubber for this blade.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2009 at 9:36am
Originally posted by chris.b40 chris.b40 wrote:

I agree that Ebenholz  st handle is head heavy  the legend is more balanced  .

I thought ST handle is bigger than the FL, which make the blade not so head heavy Confused
Have you tried Master handle? Which is better between master or Legend for big hand player?

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2009 at 9:46am

Imagine a straight handle player not knowing which blade to keep between  a st handle and a FL handle ,there must be something there to cause this conflict of choice .I just cant pinpoint it yet but some how the legend  seem more balanced.

I have never tried the master handle,therefore I am in no position to comment.

AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2009 at 10:13am
The Master handle is thinner than the Legend, so Legend would be better for bigger hands... I have tried an Ebenholz NCT V Master handle and it was also head heavy, I believe that the Legend handle will be more balanced...
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2009 at 12:55pm
do any other pros besides Chen Qi use it?
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2009 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

do any other pros besides Chen Qi use it?

Or, do any other PROs use any other Stiga blades?

InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2009 at 3:02pm
I don't know another pro using an Ebenholz blade...I have heard that some members of the chinese national team are testing them...2 pros that use stiga blades are Ko Lai Chak and Jorgen Persson with a Donic handle. I have also seen many chinese players using stiga blades in the chinese super league (clipper is popular)...
mcd0nald View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcd0nald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2009 at 4:19pm
hi chris,....i have no problem with blue whale 2 on my bh at all,. i thought when i switched from HK to Ebenholz was bh (use Blue Whale 2 on my bh) and it worked fine.

Please be noted, i am more in H3 rubber than blue whale for fh though...
currently, i am still happy and i will stick with this combination for a while

problem is that i really can't give more infos since i only used ebenholz for a day, tonight will be my second day
having familiar with new gear will take around 2-4 weeks (for me at least)

Originally posted by chris.b40 chris.b40 wrote:

To Mcdonald from Australia , how does your blue whale work with your Ebenholz  blade? Is it conflicting or are you happy with the combination you have chosen . I will be happy to hear your reply as I am trying to find the right  FH  rubber for this blade.
Timo Boll Spirit
mcd0nald View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcd0nald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2009 at 4:24pm
agreed,...also friend who played in chinese match series told me, 70% chinese players use Stiga wood....
some players who got sponsored by other brands also use stiga wood but change the brand handle only

Originally posted by johnny89atc johnny89atc wrote:

I don't know another pro using an Ebenholz blade...I have heard that some members of the chinese national team are testing them...2 pros that use stiga blades are Ko Lai Chak and Jorgen Persson with a Donic handle. I have also seen many chinese players using stiga blades in the chinese super league (clipper is popular)...
Timo Boll Spirit
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2009 at 8:43pm

Thank you  Mcdonald for your appreciated info.

AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2009 at 10:02pm
I have just read in a german forum that Smirnov is also using the Ebenholz NCT VII...
mcd0nald View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcd0nald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2009 at 10:47pm
wow...so this blade must be good....
or strong marketing from Stiga got them play with itBig%20smileBig%20smile
cant blame them,..this black diamond is too darn eye catching Big%20smileBig%20smile
Timo Boll Spirit
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2009 at 10:51pm

I totally agree

AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
ppcircle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppcircle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2009 at 11:05pm
It is a miracle. I find the NCT VII serve a very low arc of throw when stroke in close table. Any one have this experience?
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2009 at 5:04am
I suppose Ebenholz does not splinter. Does it?
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2009 at 5:12am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

It comes with factory sealed, splinter free Wink
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

bluemonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2009 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

yeah like peter79 said, it comes sealed. the finish and quality on it is very very nice. beautiful blade. don't expect a rocket outta it though.
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2009 at 4:31pm
Ebenholz ....this blade gets more amusiing by the minute ,one thing is certain though a great deal of marketing went into this product.
 To get to the point one of my blades dropped and it flaked slightly to the top  not noticeable but somewhat in a pequilar manner .on further examination  of the .5 mm flake i held in my hand it resemble laminate used  for covering counter tops in kitchens. This is the thin brown outermost layer of the blade, again let me emphasise I am not a blade manufacturer or any kind of expert in this area .However I am a professional spray painter and I have done several finishes on kitchen cupboards and this outermost layer breaks odd like laminate and it does not appear to be wooden . Can Stiga respond to this outermost layer I am now Questioning. .........Any of you forum members care to take off a small peice and prove this for yourself. I await responses.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
mcd0nald View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcd0nald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2009 at 7:39pm
second day of using ebenholz,....
so far so good....
one point i notice that ebenholz got good block and push especially on bh, better than using HK.... and also i am getting more solid loobing with my bh on my second day

played angle a lot and positioning and i felt very good too
still limited my movement close to table since i am so scared to hit table so yeah.....

mid distance rally was good too but bear in mind, ebenholz is not as fast as STIGA advertised but i am happy enough with the blade

Timo Boll Spirit
MaoaMz View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaoaMz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2009 at 8:31pm
How would ebenholz V compare to VII in terms of speed and control? im looking to get one of them, but i do not want a rocket of a blade. Also what would either blade be comparable to in terms of speed and control within the current stiga range?

doesnt seem to have to many reviews on these blades around on here or the internet.

chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2009 at 8:53pm
Ebenholz is not splinter free, took  my dhs 652 off and the top layer splintered in three different places as I lifted off my rubber which was attached by a glue sheet
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
MaLong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaLong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2009 at 9:32pm
Glue sheets are a bad idea. They usually stick very strongly to the blade.

Ebenholz's top ply is extremely thin, and prone to splintering around the edges. It doesn't matter which direction you pull the rubber off from, you have to do it with extreme care, or you will just end up ripping pieces of the top ply off.
Blade: Butterfly Schlager Light Fl
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 64
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 64

Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2009 at 9:11am
chris.b40, how is the blue whale 3 playing since uve had it for a while now
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2009 at 9:51pm

To tell the truth Iam using bw2 on my fh this oe was ordered for me by Ray my tt president and i am now only getting the feel for it,as for the bw 3 have not tried it yet . my sig says bw3 fh that should read soon to be. By the way folks at the tt store sent some nice pics of donic sponsered players along with a magazine of donic gear with both  bwhale orders.

EBENHOLZ  NCT V11 IS REALLY A GREAT BLADE. AS I CONTINUED PRACTICING WITH IT I REALISED THAT THIS IS NOT JUST ANOTHER PRETTY FACE . SOMEHOW MY BLADE SEEM  NOTICABLY FASTER AND CHANGES GEARS AUTOATICALLY .IT HAS A GREAT TOUCH FEEL, MY SHOTS ARE BARKING DOWN THE OTHER END OF THE TABLE LIKE A BULLET FROM A GUN,A VERY POWERFULL GUN .MANY PEOPLE REVIEWING THIS BLADE INCLUDING MYSELF HURRIED THIS REVIEW FROM EXCITENT AND DID NOT GIVE ENOUGH TIME ACCESSING IT, MAYBE MORE REIEWS WERE PRESSING OR MAYBE BECAUSE IT IS  A FACT THAT THIS BLADE TAKES A LOT MORE TIME TO GET USED TO AND THEYWERE PRESSED FOR TIME, BUT TAKE MY WORD WHEN I TELL YOU THIS IS MY BEST BLADE TO DATE, GO OUT AND GET ONE ,YOU WONT BE SORRY.BY THE WAY I DONT WORK FOR STIGA OR ANY OTHER BADE MAUFACTURER  I AM QUIT IMPRESSED WITH THIS BLADES PERFORANCE.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2009 at 6:38pm
Have anyone played EBenholz V? I just wonder how flex and dwell time of the blade (compared with HK)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic