Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly keyshot light.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PingPongBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly keyshot light.
    Posted: 08/05/2009 at 4:52am

Hi guys I have been using the the Xiom Power absolute  carbon but i find it too hard and i cannot really unleash my strength because before  it comes in touch the ball it will already fly off 50 % before i can spin it. So i heard many wonderful stories about the butterfly keyshot light and decided to try it and WOW. ITS WONDERFUl. Seriously, its made of Arylate fibre which is has both speed and control and furthermore it is soft whcih gives it a wonderful feel to the ball. A wonderful bat created by butterfly. GET IT NOW!

Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
Sponsored Links

doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2009 at 5:11am
Yeah, it is a looping machine.  But try this, step back 2 - 3 feet and now, instead of looping, try smashing.  You will feel that the arylate dampens your power.  So if you let it out 100%, you will get 70% on the table.

I even say that Korbel is a bit more powerful than Keyshot Light, due to this dampened feel.  With Korbel, it feels more solid to smash (although Korbel is a looping blade).  With Maze, because of the carbon in addition to arylate, you still get what you put (arylate effect /dampened is minimized by carbon effect/ repulsive).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2009 at 5:55am
icic. I heard the viscaria is not bad, it has both power and spin and it is both soft and nice to control, a pity it cost a bomb.
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2009 at 11:54am
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

Yeah, it is a looping machine.� But try this, step back 2 - 3 feet and now, instead of looping, try smashing.� You will feel that the arylate dampens your power.� So if you let it out 100%, you will get 70% on the table.I even say that Korbel is a bit more powerful than Keyshot Light, due to this dampened feel.� With Korbel, it feels more solid to smash (although Korbel is a looping blade).� With Maze, because of the carbon in addition to arylate, you still get what you put (arylate effect /dampened is minimized by carbon effect/ repulsive).

Hmm I must say I had quite a different experience with this blade. I found it to have no feel and power whatsoever, the Petr Korbel blade is way and way better, no comparison IMHO.
BrunodeDanann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrunodeDanann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2009 at 5:24pm
i had one and also found it very slow and maybe too soft. Changed to a viscaria and now to a clipper wood. Both play better than the keyshot.
Harimoto ALC
HUrricane 3
Vega asia
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2009 at 1:02am
Originally posted by master-pong master-pong wrote:

Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

Yeah, it is a looping machine.� But try this, step back 2 - 3 feet and now, instead of looping, try smashing.� You will feel that the arylate dampens your power.� So if you let it out 100%, you will get 70% on the table.I even say that Korbel is a bit more powerful than Keyshot Light, due to this dampened feel.� With Korbel, it feels more solid to smash (although Korbel is a looping blade).� With Maze, because of the carbon in addition to arylate, you still get what you put (arylate effect /dampened is minimized by carbon effect/ repulsive).
i agree here.the blade was too slow and had no feel.it had the srivers 2.1 mm affixed to,but even at my level 2-3 years ago,the blade was just unsuitable for me.
korbel's blade is bounciers vs the updated keyshot.

Hmm I must say I had quite a different experience with this blade. I found it to have no feel and power whatsoever, the Petr Korbel blade is way and way better, no comparison IMHO.
hafawaz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2009 at 6:01pm

it's a great blade. however, if you use a soft rubber like sriver fx or el it will feel a little too soft and not suitable for hitting. 

besides much of this is based on your stroke and technique.  i've seen players with the most unlikely combination of rubber and blades be very effective.

as they say:  one man's trash is another man's treasure 
Senkoh - 85 with Sriver EL 2.1
Keyshot Light with Sriver FX 2.1
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2009 at 5:04am
Keyshot light is a great blade. But not any rubber would fit on it. Donic Coppa Gold and BTY T05 work really well with Keyshot light.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2009 at 8:15am
I really do like it, and it�s easy to control.  It�s a bit fast than Violin but slower than Acoustic. Match it with Mid-hard to hard rubbers.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2009 at 9:01am
Haha, i am using it with Tenergy 25 and I find it quite good except i am not really used to it since i have been using tacky rubbers.
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
ttrubberman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2009 at 9:06am
This is a wonderful but cheap Butterfly blade, I always recommend this blade to those who want to get a butterfly blade for learning. Very good control and feeling but more than enough power.

Unfortunately, there is no CPEN version. Otherwise, this blade would be my main blade for training and competition.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2009 at 1:13pm
It depends what you consider "cheap". If you compare it with Regular primorac, Korbel, Oh Sang Eun, Mazunov.... then it�s expensive, but it�s indeed Cheaper than MJ, Timo Boll new series, Ishlion, Amultart, KC....

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic