Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

a FULL h3 neo review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
palu83xoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palu83xoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a FULL h3 neo review
    Posted: 08/07/2009 at 2:25pm
so i got my new h3 neo in the mail a few weeks ago. been playin with it since then. i play with a donic persson power play which is a softer 5ply wood blade. i should mention that i play with the new chinese style of looping... explanation: chinese players now-a-days keep their rackets at relatively the same angle and adjust the angle that their arm follows through. ill only be reviewing h3 as a forehand side rubber. ill also be comparing it to the sheet that i switched from, tenergy 64. here it goes.

opening/gluing:_________________
holy crap this stuff is tacky. it might be that i havent played h3 since the glue ban but it feels tackier than normal. the sponge is glossy and looks like theres a dry layer of glue on it already.

serving:________________________
amazing. sooo much spin on serves. definitely steps up tenergy here. good speed and very easy to control. i feel like i can serve like He Zhi Wen ;) you seriously dont even have to try to make the ball do a "C" on the table. everything stays low too. thumbs up here. 10/10 for serving

countering:_____________________
"LOL" counters. it sounds like your hitting with just the wood of the blade! the click is crazy. countering gives you a taste of the control of this rubber. everything goes exactly where i want it to without much effort at all.

blocking:_______________________
blocking with this rubber is just great. its so easy to place blocks against even the highest level loops/drives. its easy to control the depth of your blocks as well. much easier to block with h3 than t64. id give h3 neo a 8/10 for blocking. there are rubbers with more control out there, but this one mixes control with other elements very well.

looping/counterlooping:___________
this is what the h3 neo was made for. producing low, spinny, and fast loops with ease. which i think it does perfectly. on loop to loop ralleys, the h3 outperforms just about anything ive ever played before. close to the table or at a distance this rubber can just keep dishing out powerful loops. topspinning loop balls close to the table is where this rubber shines. easy to control where your shots go and there is spin for days. opening loops are easy as pie once you get comfortable with this rubber. a perfect 10/10 for looping

short game/flipping:____________________
pushing and chopping is nice but a little slow. im not complaining im just saying this is where the h3 neo doesnt do all the work for you "LOL." it does take some effort and good feeling to make fast/short pushes but the spin is there no matter what. lotta lotta backspin from just pushing a ball. flipping is where this rubber lacks a tad. the low angle of the rubber will make you dread flipping if you dont have the feel for it. however if youre experienced with flipping, this rubber is great. your shots will be spinny as all hell and easy to place.  for short game i give the h3 neo a 7.5/10

conclusion:____________________________
the h3 neo is my new favorite forehand rubber. good job dhs. i recommend this rubber for players 1700+. the tackiness stays true for about 2 weeks then starts to die down. some paraffin oil can fix that ;) this rubber in the hand of a consistent topspin player can do wondrous things. id give it overall a 8.5/10. h3 neo definitely outloops nimbus v.i.p as well as tenergy 64 if you know how to use it. if you like chinese rubbers, do yourself a favor and pick up some neo. its a great rubber with great feel. you wont be dissapointed.

store: www.powerpingpong.com

Sponsored Links

Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2009 at 2:32pm
Nice review o.0
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2009 at 2:37pm
hmmmm sounds marketing. Smile

if not, that would work well for my style.

Anyway, how is the hardness? I think I saw somewhere that H3 are highThrow rubbers, H2 are low.. Or is it just the old versions?
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2009 at 3:18pm
Is it slower than T64?
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2009 at 4:06pm
How is the throw angle low on a hurricane 3? that part did sound marketing. Hurricane 3 has one of the highest throws out there. which also makes it flip rather easy. hmmm question mark.. also dhs' hurricane 3 is made for absolutely everyone just. 5 year old kids in china use it and provincial team use it and national team use it.
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
ttrubberman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2009 at 8:11pm
Nice review.

But I think that the throw of looping is high.
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2009 at 9:42pm
I don't think he said H3Neo is low throw, He said he can create a low spinny loops with it. It's possible if he loops with a close angled blade..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2009 at 10:07pm
Sounds impressive :), are you doing one for the other rubbers also?or you just played H3?

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2009 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by wyatt wyatt wrote:

hmmmm sounds marketing. Smile

if not, that would work well for my style.

Anyway, how is the hardness? I think I saw somewhere that H3 are highThrow rubbers, H2 are low.. Or is it just the old versions?

The topsheets and throw have remained the same h3=mid, h2=low, they do play a little different due to the sponge having changed but h3 is still h3 and h2 is still h2

cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2009 at 10:28pm
Thanks for the referral palu83xoo, but could you specify which Hardness and what color you got from me? I am powerpingpong.com. My own experience with H3NEO on a softer wood ply (OC/CR) was not as good as it was on a harder wood ply (Clipper CR). But I'm sure that's just my own taste.

Also, were you using 64/H3 on your FH or BH?

Thank you
palu83xoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palu83xoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2009 at 12:37am
sorry i made a bit of a typo in the flipping section. the h3 doesnt have a low throw. it is fairly high but i was actually comparing the h3 to the t64 which in my oppinion is higher... sorry!

i am playing with h3 neo black 39 harness on the forehand side. i think my persson power play is a good match for this rubber. its not too soft and it has great feeling for allaround offenseive play, not just looping.

and sorry but i wint be reviewing the other neo rubbers.. im stickin with the h3 for a while
Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2009 at 4:06am
It's getting more and more tempting to get this rubber...

What is and where do you get ' paraffin oil '? Sorry I've never tuned/boosted/speed glued anything ever before!
I'm 15

Clipper Wood
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 PROVINCIAL 2.15mm 38 degrees
BH: Palio CK531A OX

CPen Looper with LP twiddling, blocking hitting and LP RPB
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2009 at 10:42am
Paraffin oil = Lamp oil and you could find in any department store at camping section
palu83xoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palu83xoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2009 at 12:36pm
lol i dont really use any kind of oil. its ittf illegal, just a small joke x]
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2009 at 11:11pm
lamp oil is kerosene, no?

if so, that's *loaded* with VOCs...

not that people who are tuning care.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2009 at 11:54pm
Baby oil is also parafin based oil. If it was for ITTF, they would surely prohibit its use on the baby soft backs.

H3 is not at all tacky. BW2 is tacky - it holds the ball for 16 seconds, H3 for less than 1/10 of the second.

I am now 20 days trying to find out any substantial difference between h3 old and H3 Neo P, and the only difference I see is the powder-like layer on the topsheet, the pre-glued sponge, and the absolute wrist smashing power on the BH. It's like Heckler & Koch. :)
729 FX View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 729 FX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2009 at 6:42am
Nice review there on H3, palu.
radu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2009 at 8:43am
what degree its the h3 neo r using?
wizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2009 at 10:37am
Totoro - both affordablett and butterfly australia still sell booster / tuners - since they are banned they are mega cheap these days too.

Seriously though - 39 deg H3 sounds friggin sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!
palu83xoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palu83xoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2009 at 3:36pm
im using 39 but i think it goes to 40, which is also a different thickness i believe. check the store though i might be crazy xp
persson power play
h3 neo 2.2
t64 2.1
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2009 at 10:36pm
Does anyone have any weights of uncut sheets of the various Neo H3 rubbers?
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2009 at 1:41am
No but it should be about the same or slightly lighter than the H2 which is 62 grams

Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 2:13am
I wanted to ask about the throw of the H3 Neo. I'm starting to really hate the throw on my T05. All my spinney loops starting from below the table with my bat open always go off the table.

Which of the two rubbers, T05/H3Neo has the higher throw? *hopes H3 has a lower throw*
I'm 15

Clipper Wood

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Totoro Totoro wrote:

I wanted to ask about the throw of the H3 Neo. I'm starting to really hate the throw on my T05. All my spinney loops starting from below the table with my bat open always go off the table.Which of the two rubbers, T05/H3Neo has the higher throw? *hopes H3 has a lower throw*

Mine was way lower...depends on the stroke, but mine were grazing the net.
Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 2:40am
YES!

My Tenergy is freying on the edges... Not bad seeing as it has served me for about a year.

Next rubber after it truly starts to die, H3Neo! 39 sponge. =D
I'm 15

Clipper Wood

cntcasey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cntcasey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2010 at 11:41pm
Does the H3Neo have a hard sponge like the hurricane 2 rubber from DHS?
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2010 at 12:10am
Originally posted by wizz wizz wrote:

Totoro - both affordablett and butterfly australia still sell booster / tuners - since they are banned they are mega cheap these days too.

Seriously though - 39 deg H3 sounds friggin sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

Probably I am contriving things, but the old com 39 deg is much softer that the Neo 38 deg Pro.

I must have artificially softened the sponge after tuning it four times in the last six months...
Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2010 at 8:19am
I've been using my H3Neo 39 for about 3 weeks now. GREAAT RUBBER. It's less bouncy compared to my T05 which is good.

Off topic question: How does TG3 compare against H3? (neos) In terms of throw and speed?

Thanks
I'm 15

Clipper Wood

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2010 at 9:06am

H3 Neo (orange) is a good chinese rubber, but like a little boosted h3.

It is quite slow compared to Tenergy. It is not a live rubber like tenergy. It keeps on having that dead feeling. It has good control and it is more linear than BWII which is more powerful and less linear rubber than H3 Neo.

H3 users can go to H3 Neo, without any problem.  
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
JoeMarioZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeMarioZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2010 at 7:57pm
Is the H3Neo better for Bh or for Fh?
Hurricane King III -Blade
DHS Hurricane 3 Neo - Rubber FH
Xiom Vega Pro - Rubber BH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic