Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DHS Neo Skyline TG3 Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
HowToPlayChineseLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowToPlayChineseLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 10:49pm
H3 Neo vs TG3 Neo : TG3 Neo is lighter, a little faster.

H3 Neo is slower, but spinnier.

TG 3 Blue Sponge : Really bad, the sponge is too soft. Dont buy it.
Sponsored Links

richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 11:26pm
Which is better for the backhand? H3N, TG3, or go looking for something else?
power7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 11:37pm
Depends what style you play on the BH side...loop, chop, drive, smash?

Some of the top CNT use tenergy on the backhand side.  Since the BH can't generate as much speed as the FH side.
DHS PG-7, H3 Neo, 729-5

Butterfly Power-7, Red TG2 Neo 39degree, Black Donic Bluefire M1
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 1:15am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

Originally posted by zheyi zheyi wrote:

Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

wow my post above just made me realize that I've stuck with TG3neo in red on my forehand for nearly five months now.... that's not very EJ-litically Correct of me

I do have one rubber waiting on me for forehand testing though: TG3 neo in black Smile
Your 2.15 has any hardness? If not U think around what range?

well, my 2.15 is the unmarked commercial one sold by ttnpp. i also tried a 2.2 marked hardness one which said 39 degrees. the 2.15 unmarked feels a little bit harder to me; maybe 41, hard to say
think I will give up the idea of buying a unmarked sheet. Even at 40 degree, its quite hard n fast too. More playable after a few weeks when the topsheet softer and slower.
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 1:34am
Originally posted by power7 power7 wrote:

Depends what style you play on the BH side...loop, chop, drive, smash?

Some of the top CNT use tenergy on the backhand side.  Since the BH can't generate as much speed as the FH side.

Definitely topspin smash game and I can generate speed using the same whipping motion with wrist as I do on my forehand. But I have to be able to sink into the ball so I can catch it and whip through it. Not sure any of the Chinese rubbers are proper. The Tuttle Beijing IV is OK but a little sluggish and I am not too excited about spending Tenergy prices if I can find something that is more reasonably priced. The Tensors are just not for me. I can use Joola Phenix but I thought maybe the TG3 might work but I have never tried it. 
HowToPlayChineseLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowToPlayChineseLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 10:20am
If you want to try chinese rubber on BH. Please use the light rubber, they have the same characterisation as ten 05. So for me, TG3 neo is the best one.
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 10:27am
Originally posted by HowToPlayChineseLoop HowToPlayChineseLoop wrote:

If you want to try chinese rubber on BH. Please use the light rubber, they have the same characterisation as ten 05. So for me, TG3 neo is the best one.

Thanks. I have some Tuttle Bejiing IV which is pretty light on the BH right now and it works pretty well. I was just wondering if I could get more action using the Neo rubbers on the BH. I will give it a try. Thanks again. 
power7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 11:25am
Basically you want a hitting rubber.  If tenergy are out of the question, I've been reading reviews of Xiom Sigma Pro and Adias P5 that are suppose to play like tenergy...they are on my short list of rubbers to try, I know what you mean about the price of Tenergy.
DHS PG-7, H3 Neo, 729-5

Butterfly Power-7, Red TG2 Neo 39degree, Black Donic Bluefire M1
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by power7 power7 wrote:

Basically you want a hitting rubber.  If tenergy are out of the question, I've been reading reviews of Xiom Sigma Pro and Adias P5 that are suppose to play like tenergy...they are on my short list of rubbers to try, I know what you mean about the price of Tenergy.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried the Tensor ESN rubbers (e.g. Rakza) and they don't quite work for me. For me, they lose their vitality very quickly and while somewhat less expensive than Tenergy, still quite expensive. The Beijing IV is reasonable but doesn't quite have the dynamics I am looking for. Thanks again for the recommendation. 
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2012 at 12:13am

H3 Neo vs TG3 Neo : TG3 Neo is lighter, a little faster.

H3 Neo is slower, but spinnier.

TG 3 Blue Sponge : Really bad, the sponge is too soft. Dont buy it.
the #22 blue sponge is a different story. It plays much better than the orange.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2012 at 12:17am
I think TUCO uses this on his FH.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2012 at 10:55pm

imo, I don't think is a good bh rubber as I even has problem control it at fh. Unless just for blocking.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2012 at 11:14pm
Most players that use what they will tell you are real rubbers (t05 or tensors) will also tell you that TG3 is a better backhand rubber than forehand, they don't mind it on the backhand as a slow spinny control rubber
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2018 at 2:54pm
is anyone can compare this rubber to Skyline 3-60 or Hurricane 3-50 in terms of speed
thanks
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2018 at 3:04am
My Tg3 neo was faster when trying it with H3-50 on the other side
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2018 at 6:47am
thank you Kolev
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic