FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Galaxy T-11 = Balsa Carbo X5?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Galaxy T-11 = Balsa Carbo X5?
    Posted: 09/19/2009 at 3:02am
Hi guys,

I had T-11 and recently suggested by some of my club member to try Balsa Carbo X5..
Looking at them, they look VERY similar in materials..
1 thick balsa core
2 thin carbon
2 thin limba (T-11), eventhough butterflyonline says bass for X5, but to my eyes it looks like limba..
THoughts?

Thank you

Zoom on this..

Sponsored Links

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2009 at 3:41am
I think the X5 certainly has a smoother finish on the top ply. The T-11 is quite rough (the wood type, not poor workmanship) and you have to be very careful when removing rubbers not to damage it. I haven't used similar rubbers on the 2 though so I can't compare how they play. I did think the T-11 had fantastic control for such a quick blade though.
manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2009 at 4:41am
i use X5 and i had a T-11 from cole

nothing similar about them :)

x5 does not have Limba, it is not bass either, not sure what it is, X3 has limba

x5 has a thicker top ply, thicker carbon, thinner balsa and it is heavier mine has 83gr, the T-11 was lighter, can not remember the weight though

T-11 is waay faster, huge rebound speed, OFF+

x5 would be on the slower side of OFF
Blade: Bty BalsaCarbo X5 FL

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

BH: Palio Aeolus 45* 2.2
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2009 at 6:35am
The T-11 is a budget blade. It looks budget and plays budget like most Galaxy blades it's OK, it's not a bad blade but you can't compare it to a high end balsa like the X5. Get the X5 :) well worth your extra money to get a good blade from the start

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2009 at 10:09am

The T-11 is a great blade (the most controlled fast blade I ever had), but it is just designed to do a different job to an X5. I don't buy any of this X5 is Butterfly therefore it is a 'high end' blade. I doubt an X5 costs much more to make, Butterfly just manage to extract more cash out of the Butterflyphiles than Galaxy can ever hope to.

dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2009 at 12:31pm
Thank you for the response guys..I kinda miss my T-11 with it's high pitched sound, made people look when I hit hard :)
Now I am curious about T-10, haha, I wonder if it plays/feel like my 8.5, 9, or 10 mm hinoki because it's thick, lol.

Thank you
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2009 at 12:51pm
Well I have a T11 and 3 other balsa blades, I don't rate it above any of them, that's my opinion but other people might like it more than I do. All balsa's have a very high level of control for their speed compared to other blades

praywin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote praywin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2009 at 7:19am
Bumping this up.

I have a T-11 with TG3 Skyline on forehand and LKT Rapid Soft on backhand. I'm not entirely happy with the TG3 performance on this blade maybe coz it's unglued. Can anyone suggest better rubbers which might suit the T-11 (cheap would be better)

Just to stay on topic, like the blade works pretty well even with the almost dead TG3.
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2009 at 12:29pm
Praywin, I liked my T-11 with non tacky rubbers and I liked it a lot.
Focus3 on my FH and RITC 40s- Leopard2 (i hate that rubber on T-11) was my first combo, then I tried it with classic rubbers like Sriver and Mark V, it worked really well.

Forgot to mention that I also had LKT Pro XP and Rapid Soft on it... tons of control.
praywin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote praywin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2009 at 5:21pm
Thanks I'll try it with an old Mark V to see how it works.
rakishman View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rakishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2020 at 1:05am
what are the advantages of x5 over t11+ . I am an Off+ player but want to have a much lighter setup as light as possible without compromising from the speed or spin. 
Thanks for your input
Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon

FH: Baracuda

BH:Tackifire C soft
WingTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WingTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2020 at 5:22am
@rakishman, if you want spin, you probably do not want a T11+ or a blade like it. The T11+ is fast but has very little dwell time. You should try going with thinner/lighter rubbers first if you are playing max or get a version of your blade that is lighter.
rakishman View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rakishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2020 at 4:19pm
WingTT , thanks for your response. I am an avid player with all attack mentality but returning to the game after  close to 20 year break. I got a paddle with ovtchorov carbospeed m1 turbo max on both sides. However, despite the fact that I like the characteristics of the paddle , I hate how heavy it is and being an older person and trying to possibly avoid any injuries for that matter, I would like to establish a paddle/racket, which  is lightweight ,fast and have the spinning abilities.
 My game depends on looping  . I was thinking of putting on Donic Baracuda 2.0 mm to compensate for the lack of ability to spin (which I used to have on a different blade) . What would you think? I think ovtchorov carbospeed is too head heavy and I definitely dont like to use it anymore for the pressure it s putting on my right elbow and tendons causing a lot of pain and problems after game. Thanks for your feedback WingTT. 
Also I am open to others' opinions regarding this matter. I also played with Rhyzer 48 yesterday on a Joola (hinoki) blade yesterday , (a friend borrowed me) I like the characteristic and control as well as speed it was producing but both the blade and the rubbers were very expensive. That s why i am looking for a more budget friendly alternative. thanks

Edited by rakishman - 01/10/2020 at 10:02am
Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon

FH: Baracuda

BH:Tackifire C soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic