Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

A long-term test of Neo Hurricane 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ttrubberman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A long-term test of Neo Hurricane 3
    Posted: 09/20/2009 at 9:18pm

A long-term test of Neo Hurricane 3

In this month, I have changed my forehand rubber from Haifu Blue Whale 2 to DHS Neo Hurricane 3. After a whole month practice, I�m deep impressed with this rubber, this is the best I even tried in this year.

Although I got the Neo Hurricane 3 for many months, I didn�t reserve one for myself because the supply is extremely short but huge demand. I start my Neo Hurricane 3 in late August so that I have enough time to run-in the rubber before major competition. Yes, just like other chinese rubber, it takes time to run-in. It doesn�t mean it is not good when brand new, but it reach the best condition after run-in. I found that the run-in time is shorter than my expectation. After 3 practice day, it is ready!

What�s the different? The topsheet is a bit shine, you can feel the ball goes into the sponge, the fast looping is powerful, the wonderful thing is that the ball drops after it pass over the net, the 2nd speed is amazing! This is the power of Hurricane 3! The curve made my the Neo Hurricane 3 is exceptional! For the speed, it is not as fast German / Japanese rubber, even a bit slower than the TG3, but the curve is abnormal!

I would like to point out that, the rubber is really easy to control, it can make high looping and fast looping easily, even the ball already going down, the topsheet give you best feeling and make you confident to loop, a little move of my wrist can make a spiny returns, the ball goes exactly the point I want.

Neo Hurricane 3 is now my favorite forehand rubber, I may get some Provincial Neo Hurricane 3 in this week, I will share the photos and my review as soon as I can.

Sponsored Links

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2009 at 10:55pm
August to September = Long Term?

I think I missed something in the translation.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
DeathAngel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2009 at 11:03pm
For testing rubbers it is long term.

Most poeple give a review of a rubber after only 2-3 tries with it but after about 1 month you can really tell if you enjoy or dislike a rubber.

I have been playing with H3 maybe 1 month and a bit now and i gotta say the same thing. I love the control, spin, and feeling of the rubber on my acoustic.
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

USA: 1522
CAN: 809
hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 4:45am
Hmm. After a month? How many hours exactly or roughly?

Yes, it kind of made me a skeptic when seeing the packaging as it suggest me of factory tuning, probably effect wont last long.
:: EJ level 1 ::
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 5:20am
All rubbers should come sealed and I think within a couple of years they all will. They don't last forever exposed to air. If it's made people think they have factory tuning like the whales then that's a pity because they do not

chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 6:46am
sounds like just what I am looking for
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 7:59am
This is the question I've been asking and nobody seem to know the exact answer.
Do the Neo series is factory tuned? if yes how long does (approximately) the effect lasts?
Anybody have the answer??? please ^^
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 8:39am
Thanks for the info ttrubberman. 

Where you using NEO DHS 3  41 degree, 2.2mm ?

Did you take off the factory glue layer on the sponge?  

Or did you use the rubber with that layer on the sponge, and just apply 1 glue layer to your blade? 

What glue did you use?

Also did you weigh the uncut sheet?

charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

Thanks for the info ttrubberman. 

Where you using NEO DHS 3  41 degree, 2.2mm ?

Did you take off the factory glue layer on the sponge?  

Or did you use the rubber with that layer on the sponge, and just apply 1 glue layer to your blade? 

What glue did you use?

Also did you weigh the uncut sheet?

I'm also interested to know
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 10:35am
Thanks for clearing that up!

If you decide to keep that as your FH rubber - Let us know about long term durability as another month or two passes!
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Valentine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valentine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 10:36am
We all want to know!!!

Is this another "factory tuned" rubber that keeps the glue effect for a month or so?

Why is it vacuum sealed?

Why do they say you should take off the glue layer?
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 12:04pm
I've got two that are at least two months old, they are still the same as when I bought them so this is my answer

Is this another "factory tuned" rubber that keeps the glue effect for a month or so? No

Why is it vacuum sealed? To keep it fresh and keep the glue soft

They are on drugs/vocs lol

rick_ys_ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick_ys_ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Valentine Valentine wrote:

We all want to know!!!

Is this another "factory tuned" rubber that keeps the glue effect for a month or so?

Why is it vacuum sealed?

According to some resource on some Chinese website (but I don't remember where I saw this), "factory tuned" version of DHS rubbers have serial numbers starting with letter "p" on the sponge, normanl commercial and provincial versions don't have letter "p".

If you have NEO rubbers, you will find the serial numbers starting with letter "p", which suggests that it is a type of "factory tuned"  DHS rubber.

Can anyone confirm this?
cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by rick_ys_ho rick_ys_ho wrote:

Originally posted by Valentine Valentine wrote:

We all want to know!!!

Why is it vacuum sealed?

According to some resource on some Chinese website (but I don't remember where I saw this), "factory tuned" version of DHS rubbers have serial numbers starting with letter "p" on the sponge, normanl commercial and provincial versions don't have letter "p".

If you have NEO rubbers, you will find the serial numbers starting with letter "p", which suggests that it is a type of "factory tuned"  DHS rubber.

Can anyone confirm this?

confirmed
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 5:33am
so can anyone check their Neo sponge and tell us whether there is a 'p' letter stamp on it?
thanks in advance..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 5:44am
Yes all the NEO's start with P.  This was even true with the H3 Pro Tuned which is how we were pretty sure it was the Beta of the NEO pre Vac Pac.
Yasaka Ma Lin YEO (1st) , Yasaka Extra CPEN (2nd)

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 6:04am
Thanks Rack..
So it's official, the Neo series is factory tuned...
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
ErikaT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 7:38am
i try to post something here, if my bro able to get the neo for me, it is very hard to find 1 now
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 10:31am
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

Thanks Rack..
So it's official, the Neo series is factory tuned...

If that makes you happy :) but remember to let me know if you still believe that once you have one

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 12:48pm
Yep, I am pretty happy and will not be spending my money on factory tuned rubbers anymore in the considerable future.. ^^
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 1:28pm
ok:) I wouldn't buy another neo weather they are tuned or not (I really don't think they are since mine shows no sign of ever changing) but the sponge rebound vs topsheet ratio is just a bit wrong for me so I'll just keep buying the blue sponge version (or commercials which work well anyway)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2009 at 11:33pm
Sorry for my late reply, I'm too busy on my work in these few weeks.

About the term long term, I means I keep using it for a month, 2 hours a day, 3-4days a week. The rubber is completely run-in and reach it's best performance. I'm not dealing with how long it can last for, I'm concentrated on the performance of the rubber. If you use Chinese rubbers before, you should know that it needs time to run-in, it's different from german rubbers, the best condition is when it is new.

About the tuning effect, it works well after a month, it is factory tuned of course.

I forgot to tell the hardness and thickness, it is 39degree 2.2mm. I think I can try 40degree next time, but I expect I will use this rubber for 2-3 months at least.

Yes, P means factory tuned. Actually, "Neo" just a change of sponge, the topsheet (according to DHS announcement) are the same but different printing.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2009 at 5:39am
better late than never Wink
thanks for the information ttrubberman..
really appreciate it..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2009 at 8:38am
Gracias ttrubberman. 
:: EJ level 1 ::
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2009 at 5:47pm
Thanks
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
RayChow View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayChow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2009 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by ttrubberman ttrubberman wrote:

Yes, P means factory tuned. Actually, "Neo" just a change of sponge, the topsheet (according to DHS announcement) are the same but different printing.
Dear ttrubberman, according to this link
 they're discussing about the legality of 'NEO' for take part in the HK tournaments. So what do you think of this? TQ 

W.Schlager-FL
FH:Bryce Speed 2.1
BH:Sriver-L 2.1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2009 at 10:38am
Originally posted by RayChow RayChow wrote:

Originally posted by ttrubberman ttrubberman wrote:

Dear ttrubberman, according to this link

�they're discussing�about the legality of 'NEO' for�take part�in the HK tournaments. So what do you think of this? TQ�

I know these guys, some of them are my friends.

About the Legality, it is non-sense to prove it by player /user. When a product is released to the market, it is supposed that the rubber can be used in competition as it is already labelled on the packing.

According to what I heard, Neo series use the same topsheet but different printing, but the use of sponge is different. Neo means a new sponge only, a glue-free sponge with treatment. In the discussion, DHS said they already have communication with ITTF, this is the reason why the rubber can be used in international competition. Actually, some players use the Neo in China competition but no problem, only HK judge question on it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2009 at 10:42am
Originally posted by nicefrog nicefrog wrote:

ok:) I wouldn't buy another neo weather they are tuned or not (I really don't think they are since mine shows no sign of ever changing) but the sponge rebound vs topsheet ratio is just a bit wrong for me so I'll just keep buying the blue sponge version (or commercials which work well anyway)

Did you try this longer time? I understand it is quite different in the comment, but I found it works quite well for me at the very beginning, and getting better and better in the first several practice. Now, it works great with my YEO, fast and spiny, drop after passing over the net, go faster and not jumping up higher when the ball get to the opposite side.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2009 at 11:00am
Nicefrog, it happens to my H3 Provincial 38 deg 2,2 mm. which is very different from my 2.15 mm. When I opened the protective sheet, it's very sticky and almost the same as commercial H3. The 2.2 mm top sheet printing of the letter is not as bold as the 2.15 mm. I thought I was getting the fake H3P tuned. When I first play with it, it's very slow since the tackiness isn't gone. When I start to play more than 4 sessions, it's getting better and better. Now the rubber really breaks in, and I found my 2.2 mm is better than the 2.15 mm.
It might be the same with your Neo H3. Try to wipe the topsheet with sponge and water several times to reduce the tackiness.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

ria View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2017 at 1:25pm
Hallo i''m newbie. So sorry if i want give a suggest for discussion be Ok. I used h3n neo commercial (6 sheet, i trial error with oil booster). Never tried dianchi,seamon, falco. I blend myself. So Im not good player in my club. I play tt for fun , and used for long time (3 year) h3n natiomal orange black - red (40 - 39). Red most durable with good care. I cant used tenergy level. To modern for my style. So this tread is very good for me. Someone review ( this subjective experiance, not absoluty is fact and fix not mathe, everybody have unic taste feel that object, this very interesting cause someone get feel different then me. N this make me know what i used. Please grow up, everyone cant same taste with other. And style have a big effect.) Thx very much. And stil give review. No appriory and receive other commant with wise. Peace.

Edited by ria - 06/26/2017 at 1:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic