Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

samsonov blade in Euro 2009

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chain_05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chain_05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: samsonov blade in Euro 2009
    Posted: 09/21/2009 at 8:27am
2017 (update)
ViS
Fh:TauI Bh: Mxs

Firefall

FH : Mantra H BH: Razanter R50
Sponsored Links

Valentine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valentine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 9:40am
Handle looks like this one:

Valentine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valentine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 9:41am
By the way is that rubber Niamnor?
Versa247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Versa247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Valentine Valentine wrote:

By the way is that rubber Niamnor?
Yes it is
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha ST
Tibhar Genius Forehand
Butterfly Tenergy 05 backhand
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 12:28pm
It's a carbon-kevlar composite blade

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 12:38pm
Nice looking blade but apart from the handle I'm not convinced they are the same

Valentine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valentine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 1:46pm
Yeah, on Vladi's blade you can clearly see the thick 2nd plies at the bottom of
the handle, and I can't see any carbon. I think it's his usual blade with a new handle.
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 4:12pm
He is addicted to Mazunov blade. He does remove the handle and has tibhar handle on it from what I've read.
Back to table tennis...
traineebeing View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traineebeing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 4:47pm
What does CB stands for? Or is it C13 ???  
AZNpenholdloop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Leshxa Leshxa wrote:

He is addicted to Mazunov blade. He does remove the handle and has tibhar handle on it from what I've read.

lol im think thats how it is for most pros, cause the companies want to advertise their new products, but the players dont want to have to change to a new blade everytime a company pops another one out. cool handle tho!
Avalox 550
FH: Blue Whale II Factory Tuned 38 deg.
BH: White Shark II Factory Tuned
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 5:07pm
I was considering getting the blade a couple weeks ago but at 95 bucks, I'd rather hold off. 
Back to table tennis...
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2009 at 11:30pm
I have one and to be honest, it is actually a bit slower than the all wood Tibhar Stratus Power Wood.   Power Wood is designed for OFF- play but it is faster than Samsonov Stratus CB designed for OFF play.  Stratus CB has good control though.  The Kevlar-Carbon is between the 2nd/4th ply and core, so you don't get a typical carbon feel here.

FL and ST handles are phenomenal, the best I have tried.  BTY handles are just too slim.  FL is perfect but ST is a bit too thick for my taste but they are very comfy.

I am sure that Samsonov just replaced the handle to boost the sale of this blade.  I believe that he is still using the old Mazunov.  BTW, how does he play so smooth and full of control???  Mazunov is a speed demon and more suitable for power attacking, not control offensive.  I guess that what separates him from us, mortal TT players.
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 5:40am

old vladi blade is broken dead...

so it is surely a new custom blade.
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

Valentine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valentine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 6:12am
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

I
 BTW, how does he play so smooth and full of control???  Mazunov is a speed demon and more suitable for power attacking, not control offensive.  I guess that what separates him from us, mortal TT players.

Well, he's not like us... But he is much more agressive than it looks on videos. I saw him play from very close recently, and I was amazed how fast and agressive he really is, he hits the ball without any effort but it sounds really loud and flies off his paddle like a bullet.
Valentine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valentine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 6:16am
Originally posted by Boss1703 Boss1703 wrote:

old vladi blade is broken dead...

so it is surely a new custom blade.

Don't believe everything the companies say. Even if he broke his blade, don't you think he surely has a lot of identical spare blades? That's not a reason to switch. Even I have one and I'm no pro. When I saw him it was a Mazunov, probably still is, or at least it looks very similar, thick 5-ply with very thick 2nd plies.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 12:06pm

the handle, and I can't see any carbon. I think it's his usual blade with a new handle.

Look closer. The dark lines on vladi's blade look identical to the carbon pix. And on vladi's blade you are seeing the 1st and 5th ply wood that you think are 2nd ply (it's an optical illusion that the dark (of the handle and carbon) look "further away").

Originally posted by nicefrog nicefrog wrote:

Nice looking blade but apart from the handle I'm not convinced they are the same

Those pix look like same blade construction.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Valentine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valentine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 12:14pm
I don't think so, thw 2nd and 4th plies look light on the bottom, and dark on the sides because of the sweat, that always happens on my blades too. I see no carbon on that blade.
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 12:18pm
It's not the same blade, different plys for sure

GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 1:03pm
Vladi's blade looks like it's custom made.  From the picture, the top and bottom pieces look longer than the blade itself.  Two small sticks were glued on to the bottom of the handle, just below the top/bottom pieces.
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 2:15pm
when he played in belgium an old man called michel detrigne does all the work to repair the damages.
the blade was 17 years old.
the tickness was not the same everywhere and he couldn't use max rubbers anymore. (because of the mm rule)
the blade was broken and even michel detrigne was not able to repair it...
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

Valentine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valentine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 2:29pm
He played in Belgium 2 or 3 years ago. This year he played in Granada and he was using a Mazunov. There are video evidences and even players who trained with him in Granada said so. What he is using now I don't know, but those plies looks at least similar to Mazunov, so I doubt he changed.
traineebeing View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traineebeing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 4:41pm
you guys are great.

<<Do Not Cross>>
Crime Scene Investigation is ongoing.
There is blood on the 3rd & 4th plys... Big%20smile
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 8:57pm
Someone please post pix of Mazunov with plies in handle and side clearly visible.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 9:28pm

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
sebas-aguirre View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebas-aguirre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 10:28pm
I'd say it's tibhar stratus, not mazunov.
In the bottom you can't see the carbon because of the angle of the camera.
In the sides you can clearly see a darker ply.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2009 at 11:20pm
Thanks Amontiero. That makes it pretty clear that this is not a Mazunov with a new handle. 
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2009 at 6:22pm
i do not understand how come people can say samsonov blade is a mazunov with different handle.

that blade is not a mazunov at all. mazunov inner plys are different, etc, etc... no matter that was a mazunov from 30 years ago.

ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2016 at 5:34am
He doesn't play Tibhar Samsonoc stratus CB. I know that and you could see that ,too. Look at the handle radius, it is total different. Samsonov is a tall Person with maybe normal or even bigger hands. He never used that rubbish of Tibhar blade. The handle radius is the secret. It is the handle radius of a Butterfly blade like old Mazunov blade

Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Look closer. The dark lines on vladi's blade look identical to the carbon pix. And on vladi's blade you are seeing the 1st and 5th ply wood that you think are 2nd ply (it's an optical illusion that the dark (of the handle and carbon) look "further away").

Originally posted by nicefrog nicefrog wrote:

Those pix look like same blade construction.

ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2016 at 5:37am
the handle of Stratus CB ST is very flat around 22 mm and has a wideness of around 29 mm. That is nothing for a person with normal or big hands like Samsonov has. Think of it.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2016 at 6:24am
Yes, he don't use SSB for years. Besides, I am sure that he stopped speedglueing in a 2008, only about a year before the last post before yours.Embarrassed

Edited by Ray - 05/26/2016 at 6:26am
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic