Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Galaxy Blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Galaxy Blades
    Posted: 10/31/2009 at 4:31am
Wondering what ppl think are the best offerings of Yinhe/Galaxy/Milky Way

Here is the complete line up: http://yinhe1986.cn/english/news/listst.asp?s_id=5

I am particularly interested in the non WRB models, but I guess what I was hoping for was a best of breed of the the numerous models.
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
Sponsored Links

Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2009 at 4:58am
Galaxy M6 :

A very good blade, that is classed as a Stiga Clipper Clone, for some reason. In my experience, it's a 5.8mm thick 7 ply; that plays more like a 7 ply version of the Stiga Offensive Classic, in speed, feel and the way it loops.

Being thinner than the 6.8mm Clipper Wood, makes it better for looping off the bounce, but less powerful at mid distance.

For me the Stiga Clipper clone is the Galaxy M5, which is the same 6.8mm thickness of a Clipper Wood

Galaxy K4 :

In the same ballpark as The Timo Boll Spirit, in terms of the way it plays, with a slightly crisper feel and lighter in weight on average, but still a very good blade in it's own right.

Galaxy W6 :

Very good looping blade. Gets compared to the Yasaka Gatien Extra, which is another blade that's ideal for looping.

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2009 at 5:19am
I like the k-3 and k-5 both as well, the whole K series, from everything I've read, is a good lot. If you like composite blades and are on a budget, they are the way to go. 
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2009 at 6:54am
I heard the E series are pretty good.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2009 at 9:50am
played t-7, t-8,t-4, k-5, w-6, w-1, v-1..

all are good for their purpose
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
snapa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2009 at 10:25am
I've used the W6, W1, W4, E4, K6, LQ2.  What kind of blade are you looking for?

Donic Waldner Diablo Senso _Blitz_Reflectoid
Donic Appelgren Allplay Senso V2_Shadow 2.0_Wraith 2.0
Allround Classic, E4, Donic Cayman
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2009 at 5:15pm
T-1, T-10, T-11, N-2, N-3, E-4 here
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2009 at 7:17am
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2009 at 8:20am
Dear Kolev, you should try this new Galaxy blade Smile

Glenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2009 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Dear Kolev, you should try this new Galaxy blade Smile

+100. Now, you can claim to be a pro with your own blade.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2009 at 8:43am
This is for sure. Smile

The blade has a very professional finish, plays like T-1 with more control. Probably due to the Saturn rubbers, too. Sounds like there is hinoki inside, but its constructor prefers not to divulge the composition of the blade, at least for now.
Ranger-man View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2009 at 10:53am
I have been playing with a Galaxy M6 with IQUL in 2.2 mm on it for a while, along with some other setups. My game is a close to the table punch-block and quick to attack when the opportunity is there. I tend to try and not give the table unless I have to and I do attack away from the table as well.

I am now looking to move to something with just a bit of more power than my M6, but with the same blocking ability that it has. What would be a reasonable optionthat would give me a bit more power away from the table? I am not that much of a looper, more of a counter-driver. I am looking at composite blades because hopefully my blocks will be even faster and because of the larger sweetspot as well.
Darker Speed 90 10mm: Dawei IQUL
Ahinoki Lutz Spruce Jpen: 729 SuperFX

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2009 at 11:48am
Ohhhh boy, I am ready to pay some money for this one.......but isn't that a joke.....
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2009 at 1:03pm
No, this is the sample blade, and I have played with it. There will be less than 100 blades produced for Kolev-TT and distributed by http://www.kolev-tt.com
Price will be around 80 lv or so which makes around $60.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2009 at 2:30pm
What is so special about this carbon?Soft or hard? Do you know how heavy is it? 
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2009 at 3:00pm
Sorry, I cannot be of great help here. You have to contact Mr. Kolev for the details

http://www.kolev-tt.com/contacts.html
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2009 at 3:29pm
Where is he? In Sofia? I am from Sofia
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2010 at 4:55pm
Sorry for necro-posting, this topic seems to be most suitable for my question.

Have anyone tried Galaxy E-4 or any other E-series blade with hard Chinese rubbers like BW39-40deg, H3 40-41deg or smth like that?
Is it hard enough to dig the ball deep in the sponge when you deliver a powerful Chinese-style drive? Once I tried an old-version Acoustic, which was too soft and completely incapable of this, the ball did not penetrate into the sponge of my 999Nat(39deg, speedglued) even at the most powerful and fast swing. The faster was the shot, the further the ball was launched straight away without any significant arc. Though with my main blade, Samsonov Alpha, I can shoot fast, arcy and consistent loopdrives because of its flex and hardness.

Which of these the E-4 looks like?

And, please, anyone compare E-4 to Acoustic, Alpha or any other well-known blade in terms of speed.

Sorry for my English...
tompy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tompy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2010 at 3:36am
The e series and Uranus blades have a softer, more elastic gluing compared with earlier galaxy blades. Meant to adapt to the glue ban.
I have a Uranus II (straight handle 24*28 190 gr listed weight 187) and it,s a renewed version of the m-6 (Uranus I for m-5). U-2 has quality koto outer veneer, paper thin on a softer second layer. Same build as  m-6 (which I only read reviews of) but 6,0 mm thickness instead of 5,8.
The increased thickness makes it stiffer more stable and the different gluing gives more elasticity and softness.
Qualitywise as far as I can tell it ecquals my Hurrican Hao which is amazing for a blade I got for twenty-two euro's.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2010 at 8:04am
And what rubbers do you use? Have you tried anything hard&tacky on this blade?
tompy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tompy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2010 at 9:15am
I always use tacky or semi tacky on fh. Higher transcend is good (for me) on fh. Firm but with a little higher throw and holds the ball long enough to loop at least for me it does.
On bh basic japanese rubber no tensor/tension 2,0 mm suits me fine. But you can put all kinds of rubber on this one depending what you want. In a class between off/off+ it is an allround attacking blade with chinese rubber in between a flathitting and loopersblade and that,s what I was looking for. Initially the feel was still little hard/stiff for me but it softened up nicely with a few sessions of play.

Edited by tompy - 07/10/2010 at 9:25am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2010 at 10:09am
Originally posted by tompy tompy wrote:

...depending what you want.

...The main thing for me is а fast, forward-motion loopdrive (either in rallies or 3rd ball attack), this way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGTI3siyfyk&feature=related
Some softer blades, as i said before, can fully 'interdict' such attacks with hard FH rubber, blade feeling and spin disappear, and the ball starts going a meter or two long. Then there should be satisfactory short game and slow looping.

I assume the E-3 or E-4 should possess the needed performance.
(2All)...Is there anybody using E-blades here?

And is there any source where i can find out the E-blades veneer composition? Unfortunately, Yinhe official site carries no information on their blades performance and composition :(

Originally posted by tompy tompy wrote:

In a class between off/off+

Looks like Uranus is too speedy for me. I`ve got used to use slightly slower blades like Samsonov Alpha (off-~off) and generate power with my own rapid swing.  At Eacheng.net the U-1 is rated 10 for speed, U-2 is 9, E-series are 8. What do you think, can i trust Eacheng that the E-blades are a bit slower?
tompy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tompy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2010 at 11:02am
That,s the type of stroke and distance to table where I had problems with the hurricane hao and now it is much better with a not to fast semi-tacky rubber.

I used Samsonov alpha in the past it sure was slower and softer then U-2.

Based on the build of e-series the ratings could be right. The e-series i think you can expect a little more solid feel and longer bladeface then samsonov alpha which seems not bad for you,re stroke as I found samsonov apha also not solid enough for hard topspins. Little heavier also especially with rubber because of longer bladeface. But it depends a lot on the weight of a specific blade how they compare. U- series would be more suitable if you also mix in flat-hits from that distance.

Edited by tompy - 07/10/2010 at 11:08am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2010 at 4:12pm
No, I`m а pure looper, i seldom use flat hits, only against lobs. What do you think is better for pure powerlooping: E-* or U-2?
Is the U-2 flexible like Alpha or HK, or stiffer, like TBS?

---
And 2ALL once again: has anyone used the E-blades with H3, H2, BW2 etc. ???
tompy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tompy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2010 at 5:33pm
I can,t compare with Hurricane King and Spirit maybe some others can compare m-6 to these that would apply for the u-2 also then(more or less). K-4 is a boll spirit kind a blade and it also has 9 for speed.

These are all very different blades. But it definately has a noticable flex (and "zip" on loops) that,s what they aimed at with the different gluing for both series to compensate for the glue ban. But less then samsonov alfa, harder also because of the firm three ply core.
The koto outer layer is thin and between that layer and the three firm coreplies there is a softer layer (thinner then each of the core layers but thicker then the outerply). Therefor the koto doesn,t work out on stiffness too much. Maybe because of this build it is noticably more flexible now then the first time I used it. It certainly is good at powerlooping the way you show on the video. But it,s much more powerfull then samsonov alpha. Controlwise you gain precision for hard impact strokes like on the video because of the stability.

The e-series is mostly the same thickness (6 mm) some little thinner and are surely fitted for powerlooping. Certainly more solid then samsonov alpha also. Estimated that would be 7 at most according to galaxy rating.
8 in speed with galaxy is not slow at all, faster then samsonov alpha that,s for sure. But again blades vary a lot within a model.

The added value of a sevenply lies in the wider sweetspot because of more torsion stability.
What you loose compared with a fiveply like samsonoph alpha is some feel and control on low impact control strokes.

Edited by tompy - 07/10/2010 at 5:53pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic