FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Old Stiga Clipper JTTA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Stiga Clipper JTTA
    Posted: 11/17/2009 at 4:58pm
http://img225.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/9/2/6/7/mm1961nn-img600x450-1258338082hd5vme47479.jpg

Looks like Stiga markets blades made by Yasaka. How can this happen?
Be right back...
Please email to me if pm box is full.Later...
Sponsored Links

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2009 at 5:02pm
Oh,here is more "Donic" by Yasaka..
http://yahoo.jpctrade.com/yahoo/detail/yahoo_category_tree_id/16009/pre_url/eWFob28vbGlzdD95YWhvb19jYXRlZ29yeV90cmVlX2lkPTE2MDA5JmFwZz00JnMxPWJpZG9yYnV5Jm8xPWQ%3D/url/aHR0cDovL3BhZ2U2LmF1Y3Rpb25zLnlhaG9vLmNvLmpwL2pwL2F1Y3Rpb24vZjgxMjA1NzYw
Be right back...
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2009 at 6:09pm
The Stiga Clipper Wood was manufactured in Sweden by Stiga, which shows on the packaging in the top photo and on the lens, on the handle.

http://yahoo.jpctrade.com/yahoo/detail/yahoo_category_tree_id/16009/pre_url/eWFob28vbGlzdD95YWhvb19jYXRlZ29yeV90cmVlX2lkPTE2MDA5JmFwZz05JnMxPW8xJm8xPQ%3D%3D/url/aHR0cDovL3BhZ2U4LmF1Y3Rpb25zLnlhaG9vLmNvLmpwL2pwL2F1Y3Rpb24vaDEzNjQ2OTgyMQ%3D%3D

It's an old Clipper Wood, that has been amended for a penholder or jpen user.

The give away clues are :

1) The handle has been shortened and the original Stiga logo would have been on the end of the piece of handle, cut off the blade.

2) The top of the handle has been changed to make it more comfortable for a penhold or jpen user. No Stellan straight handle out of the Stiga Factory would have had a curved red line like this blade.

3) The JTTA stamp on the side of the handle and Yasaka logo would probably have been added when the changes were done in Japan, by Yasaka or one of their authorised dealers.

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2009 at 6:28pm
Looks like my friend Holda is shocked n awed by this n he's got to do someth'n based on his emotions/urge now.....well, well, well....
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2009 at 6:38pm
Nope,Tiehwen,not doing anything anymore.I could swing a week easily,or two,without trying to acquire this one.It is just interesting to see these blades bearing 'YASAKA' plates+JTTA imprint.
May it is your turn,Tiehwen, to take the initiative:)
Be right back...
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2009 at 6:38pm
Regarding the Donic, I can't see any obvious changes and it does make me wonder why it is stamped JTTA and has a Yasaka logo.

I seem to recall reading that the Impuls Series was made for Donic to their specifications in China by 729. It's well built and a decent blade.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2009 at 7:17pm
its not suprising, i saw a stiga magna once with a yasaka logo also on it
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2009 at 10:16pm
If that one is old, it doesn't really look much different from the current model. I've heard that old models had Koto outer - this one is Limba. Also looks like thick one while old ones supposedly were thinner - around 6mm.
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2009 at 7:01am
I've looked at the 1989 Stiga Catalogue, which shows the Stellan handle shape as having a different bevel at the top of the handle; i.e. curved for a right handers thumb to rest comfortably on it. I notice it was wider and shorter than the Peter Handle, too.

Which proves I was wrong in my previous post about the Clipper Wood, as Stiga did produce a blade with a bevel at the top of the handle, that resulted in a curved line. The handle hasn't been amended in Japan at all and is a genuine collector's item, which probably explains its high asking price.

What's also worth noting is the Clipper Wood didn't have the red line on the handle in 1989, but there was a red line on the Stiga Evolution and Offensive Evolution, also shown in the catalogue; which proves the Clipper wood gained it's red line after 1989.

It still doesn't explain why JTTA and Yasaka appear on the handle and the only thought that comes to mind is, they could be put onto the handles of blades imported into Japan, by a supplier or dealer.

jongm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jongm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2016 at 10:43am
Hi, I was trying to open the link of the photo of the clipper with the yasaka logo by Holda but I think the file doesn't exist anymore, I am just curious if it is the same one that I have. I have an old stiga clipper wood stellan bengtsson with the old handle as described in the catalogue above and it has the metal yasaka logo on the bottom of the handle, is this also considered an old 80's version of the clipper wood? it also has the JTTA stamp on the side of the handle. Hope I could know more regarding this blade that I have. here are some photos of the blade. thanks JongM
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2016 at 11:25am
jongm, beautiful blade, I suspect it plays really well.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2016 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Peter C Peter C wrote:

I've looked at the 1989 Stiga Catalogue, which shows the Stellan handle shape as having a different bevel at the top of the handle; i.e. curved for a right handers thumb to rest comfortably on it. I notice it was wider and shorter than the Peter Handle, too.

Which proves I was wrong in my previous post about the Clipper Wood, as Stiga did produce a blade with a bevel at the top of the handle, that resulted in a curved line. The handle hasn't been amended in Japan at all and is a genuine collector's item, which probably explains its high asking price.

What's also worth noting is the Clipper Wood didn't have the red line on the handle in 1989, but there was a red line on the Stiga Evolution and Offensive Evolution, also shown in the catalogue; which proves the Clipper wood gained it's red line after 1989.

It still doesn't explain why JTTA and Yasaka appear on the handle and the only thought that comes to mind is, they could be put onto the handles of blades imported into Japan, by a supplier or dealer.

Getting stiga blades was kinda hard in early 90s so yasaka also was selling stiga blades in their catalogs
jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2016 at 6:15pm
As I know, Yasaka was the distributor of Stiga in Japan and they put that "Yasaka" logo and the JTTA letters. I have a 9-ply clipper with those logos.

In 80's there were 2 types of Stellan clipper blades. The one with cut top of handle was some modern than the one with standard st.

Edited by jabemu - 02/07/2016 at 6:17pm
jongm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jongm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2016 at 7:57pm
Thanks for the additional info guys. In short... then these old stiga blade with the yasaka logo are also from the 80's and are still made in Tranas Sweden but distributed by yasaka in Japan. Yes It has a good solid feel to it.
cool_natja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cool_natja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2016 at 4:56am
Jabemu, actually how many Clipper series had been produced ? I only know Clipper CR and Wood. 

Do early Clippers have same wood compositions and plies ?

"Nothing replaces training" - Stellan Bengtsson
jongm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jongm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2016 at 7:44am
Based on the stiga catalogue the clipper wood is 7 ply... I was surprised jabemu's clipper had 9, how can this be? And is there a koto and a limba version? Does the wood type has something to do with the number of plies? Tnx
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2016 at 8:10am
hello ,
the 9 plies clipper are really rare ones.
Actually i had never seen on real.
however the difference between the old and the new one is the thickness and the feel.
old clipper are around 6.2-3mm ,newer ones start from 6.7-8 and the feel is not so good.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
jongm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jongm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2016 at 9:09am
Hi jabemu, would you be kind enough to share a side view photo of the 9 layer clipper? Thanks
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2016 at 1:36pm
Here you can see some pictures of the 9-ply Clipper Wood.

On the first view it looks like a normal 7-ply Clipper Wood, but this version has 2 dyed red veneers on each side instead of one. Look at the second picture, There you can see the 9 veneers.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2016 at 2:27pm
wow...Magic_M's 9 plied Clipper SBST just aroused my interest in this kinda oldies....
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2016 at 3:59pm
So many clipper versions. Someone on the forum had a 9ply for sale a while ago. My JTTA  clipper ....kinda

Edited by jpenmaster - 02/13/2016 at 4:17pm
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
E.ZegnaFan View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2016 at 9:36pm
In late 70's, I already saw Stiga blades offered in Yasaka's Brochures and Catalogs  Smile
9-ply Clipper has 2  layer of Red Ayous plies glued parallel together on each side not perpendicular as an actual 9-ply ( DynaPower Wood) so I guess it plays the same as 7-ply Clipper but harder and less flexible...

Here's my 80's Clippers Smile

< id="hc_extension_off">< id="hc_extension_highcontrast">< id="hc_extension_highcontrast_back">< id="hc_extension_grayscale">< id="hc_extension_grayscale_back">< id="hc_extension_invert">< id="hc_extension_invert_back">< id="hc_extension_invert_grayscale">< id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black">< id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black_back">
< id="hc_extension_off">< id="hc_extension_highcontrast">< id="hc_extension_highcontrast_back">< id="hc_extension_grayscale">< id="hc_extension_grayscale_back">< id="hc_extension_invert">< id="hc_extension_invert_back">< id="hc_extension_invert_grayscale">< id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black">< id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black_back"> < id="hc_extension_off">< id="hc_extension_highcontrast">< id="hc_extension_highcontrast_back">< id="hc_extension_grayscale">< id="hc_extension_grayscale_back">< id="hc_extension_invert">< id="hc_extension_invert_back">< id="hc_extension_invert_grayscale">< id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black">< id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black_back">

Edited by E.ZegnaFan - 03/14/2016 at 9:10pm

87 Stiga Clipper/Rakza 9.
78 Stiga Super Carbon/Calibra Tour M.

LF: Old Stiga Clipper,Super Carbon in NEARLY NEW condition.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2018 at 4:50pm
Don't post your email in public
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic