FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

NEXY Reviews: the OSCAR blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2010 at 4:52pm
Good review Jim. I am now using the Oscar as my main (sh) weapon, Hannibal as back up, because I have just enough time for so many blades. I really like Nexy blades for Chinese rubbers. I hope Anton give his blade a little more time.
Sponsored Links

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2010 at 5:11pm
I feel honored to be mentioned in your review, JimT. Approve LOL (Another excellent one, BTW.)

As it happens, I don't care for composite blades. Or I should say, I don't care for the ones I've tried so far: Butterfly Michael Maze and Nittaku Rutis. They were not bad, but I just don't care for the feel of composite blades. I much prefer all-wood blades. Nonetheless, your review and suggestion are tempting...

But... no, darn you! LOL I've spent the last two months EJ-ing, and I'm finally smitten with my current setup. When I think of EJ-ing more, I feel nauseous. No more temptation, guys! I invoke my overwhelming power as "Assistant Moderator" and declare a ban on all equipment reviews, henceforth!!! LOL

Dexter is an awesome blade at high speed; but as you guys mentioned, it's a one-gear blade. My short game isn't terribly strong to begin with. Using Dexter, it was atrocious. If only Dexter had the short game of Color... *sigh*

As a side note, my Dexter is for sale! Wink Perhaps once my short game improves (and assuming no one purchases Dexter), I may give him another whirl in a few months.

Until then, Yasaka Hinoki Leo 7, Neo H2, and Coppa Platin, FTW!!! Star

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2010 at 1:10am
Odd...! If you like Dexter so much, don't give it up because of the short game. That is one of my favorite skill I found this blade has. I was really impressed by the blade behaviour in that part. It is actually much easier to adjust his short game with a "one gear blade" rather than with a "two gear blade". Just my two cents....
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2010 at 9:47am
Added a small Blocking section to my review.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2010 at 12:50pm
Let me know if anyone decides to sell his/her Oscar (preferably ST).
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2010 at 1:00pm
I wouldn't feel comfortable selling an Oscar I got from Nexy for free. Trading might be another thing - and that is something I am trying to do right now. Wink

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2010 at 2:53pm
I didn't know all of you guys got it for free. Anyway, sellers pm me then.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2010 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

I didn't know all of you guys got it for free. Anyway, sellers pm me then.

Probably not all of us - but the original testers did.

chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2010 at 3:42pm
Nice review
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2010 at 5:38pm
I've played the Oscar tonite with tenergy64 2.1mm and Demian max. As expected, Demian behaves much better on Oscar than on Acoustic. Looks like Demian needs stiff blade to develop its potential. But still, tenergy is much faster than demian so it ended up on FH while I kept demian BH.
This set up is really good, especially tenergy 64 and Oscar. It's fast, powerful and reliable. Demian on BH provides very solid feel, great spin on loops, enough speed on drives. I made a lot of unforced errors when pushing. Put the blame on my poor experience with chinese tacky rubbers.
Oscar is such a good blade that it fits either german tensors, Japanese tenergies and chinese tackies. It's rare enough to be mentioned. I suspect tenergy05 to be equally good too on this blade. Weight isn't really an issue. My combo tonite weighted 180gr which is quite acceptable.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2010 at 3:00am
Dear Nexy. Thank you for having built the Oscar blade, thank you for having promoted this testing program, thank you for having chosen me. I have dressed, as mentionned above, Oscar with Tenergy 64 (both sides, now) and, oddly enough, I played with it my two last competitions.
Results have been more than satisfaying. 4 wins, 3 losses. Losses have nothing to do with the blade but rather to my opponents who were better than me....The point is that I have enjoyed every minutes of it. This set up provides an amazing combination for power looping and safe hitting. I'm still struggling with the short and the block game but it is mainly due to T64 which is very sensitive to incoming spin. Please forgive my first initial mixed feelings and congrats again for such a great blade !
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2010 at 9:19pm
So jcdi you giving up the Madash? -)
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2010 at 10:40pm
No. It's just that I have tendinosis at the moment. I can't train seriously. I just play my 3 team matches and then it hurts too much. Madash needs me to force my motions a bit that I can't do. Oscar and T64 provides extra power without being uncontrollable.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 1:08am

One  small news.

Nexy.Com is going to be available very soon.

It took for more than 2 month to renew the site, and the banking process made me wait also one more month, but now nexy.com site is about to be reopen again.

I hope this site is a good place for every one to look around.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 5:40am

Thank you for the info re your new Nexy.com website. Looks very nice. It should please my fellow french forumers who were, I must say, a bit reluctant to order on your Tak9.com. Even if google translator is good enough, it wasn't very "friendly user".

If I may suggest you :  Onto your Tak9.com website, customer has the opportunity to choose his blade between different blades weight and also check the availabilities. This is, IMHO, a great plus compared to your competitors websites. Why didn't you duplicate this facility onto your new Nexy.com site ?

Ps: Did you notice, I'm now playing with your blade as set up number 1 ?Wink
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 11:52am
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

You traitor! Angry

Expect silent ninjas with Butterfly logos on their bandannas to appear soon on your doorstep...

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2010 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

Thank you for the info re your new Nexy.com website. Looks very nice. It should please my fellow french forumers who were, I must say, a bit reluctant to order on your Tak9.com. Even if google translator is good enough, it wasn't very "friendly user".

If I may suggest you :  Onto your Tak9.com website, customer has the opportunity to choose his blade between different blades weight and also check the availabilities. This is, IMHO, a great plus compared to your competitors websites. Why didn't you duplicate this facility onto your new Nexy.com site ?

That's a good news. I hope you can keep on playing with Nexy.....

Regarding the weight of the blades, I hope I can do the same thing, but not easy to do.Maybe, I need to check more, if I can do it.

If you have any more new idea about www.nexy.com, please, write more or email me.

Thank you again.
Brand Manager of NEXY
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2010 at 4:31pm
I know this topic is old but I wanted to add my opinions about the Oscar.  I used a clubmates blade with Sriver L on the FH and Sriver EL on the BH.  It was sad actually.  His dad accidentally stepped on his old racket and broke it Cry  So his dad bought him two new blades, the Oscar and some other which I haven't seen.

I'll try to compare it with another popular A/C blade - the Viscaria.  The Oscar definitely has a slightly harder feel and considerably faster than the Viscaria.  I think the Sriver L on the FH provided good power, steady spinning, and most important for me, good ball feel when out of position.  On the negative side, I felt that Sriver EL on the BH for me is too soft for this blade.  The kid that let me use it was about 1500-1600 but improving.  He seemed to have good control with the Sriver EL on the BH.

There was a 2500 player visiting our club.  He tried it but didn't like it right away.  I think it had to do with him using Kreanga Carbon with Bryce on both sides.  He prefers a stiffer feel.  A 2300 player who uses Balsa Carbo X5 with Sriver G3 liked the Oscar though.  But like me, he didn't like the Sriver EL on the BH.

Overall, I thought the Nexy Oscar is a good solid blade.  Many here have stated that it might be too fast but I think it depends on the rubbers on it.  I wouldn't hesitate recommending it to beginners with thinner sponge Mark V or Sriver, especially Sriver EL.  It would have been nice to test it with some of my own faster rubbers though ex. Bryce FX, Neo H3, Catapult, Mambo C etc.  But I enjoyed hitting with the Sriver L on the FH.  Oh, one last thing, one other positive thing I liked about Oscar is the dampening feel when blocking.  Felt like putting brakes on your opponent's loops.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2010 at 10:17am
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Oh, one last thing, one other positive thing I liked about Oscar is the dampening feel when blocking.  Felt like putting brakes on your opponent's loops.

I do agree with your last comment. !!
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2010 at 10:46pm
Now I'm writing an article about how I make blades.

Regarding OSCAR, I want to give one information.
Oscar has a very natural feeling and vibration, not like other Arylate carbon blades.
The result is not very peculiar when you compare other blades and Osar only with speed, but it's very outsanding, when you think about feeling.

And that feeling genrates big spin and good control,while you don't lose any other good factors most other Arylate carbon blade has.

Maybe later, I will write more about it.
Brand Manager of NEXY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic