Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yasaka Mark V AD?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yasaka Mark V AD?
    Posted: 12/05/2009 at 11:12am
Any one using this version of Mark V?   I just ordered 2 sheets of regluar Mark V and only 1 was available, so I opted to get the AD version as the second sheet.  Did I read correctly somewhere that the AD is slightly softer...or has more grip?

Sponsored Links

dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2009 at 11:59am
I used to think that V AD is softer, from what i've read also.. But a senior player in my area who has been using Mark V rubbers for most of his playing days, said AD is actually harder. I dunno whether this is true or not. But he said with Mark V you can hit a loop with a more open bat face, with Mark V AD you need a more closed angle and go on top of the ball..

655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2009 at 9:38pm
I think it is designed for speed glue. With speed glue, it probably goes a bit softer, and without it is probably harder than mark V regular.
Might be ok, but you may want to rethink using it. I think you will like reg M 5 better.
Can you return and order like sriver EL instead or even sriver?
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2009 at 11:23am
Ok, I just got a message back from Tony Hsu.   He said the following.

"The Mark V AD not only for speed glue user, After this sponge joins the speed glue, expansion rate is especially high, therefore hits to explode very much, but does not fill the rubber actually flexibility moderately to have the similar function with MARK V.  MARK V AD is softer than MARK V, MARK V AD have more control and spin."

I will see what happens when I receive my order and glue them up.  

Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2009 at 1:16pm
I am considering buying Mark V AD.After you receive it and practice a little, can you make a comparison with Mark V?
Hasna Haura View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasna Haura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2021 at 9:35pm
I've been using Yasaka Mark VAD for a long time, at first I used it in FH, but it was slow because the sponge was soft, I moved to a BH, it worked quite well and the control was good. and spinny.

Edited by Hasna Haura - 11/09/2021 at 9:35pm
Da Gravedigga View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Gravedigga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2021 at 12:02pm

Originally posted by Hasna Haura Hasna Haura wrote:

I've been using Yasaka Mark VAD for a long time, at first I used it in FH, but it was slow because the sponge was soft, I moved to a BH, it worked quite well and the control was good. and spinny.

I had to rub my eyes at first seeing a discussion of this ol’ rubber, but then I realized I was merely witnessing a ‘delightful-dig’ of a nearly 12 yr. vintage.👏👏👷🏻‍♂️⚰️⛏😈
Kirito View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2021 at 8:12pm
Sorry for jump in and out of topic
I want to buy a table tennis rubber for my backhand. DHS Tin Arc 5.
Does this rubber have the same issues as the hurricane type? That topsheet easily detached from the sponge? I just want to make sure before I buy it
乾杯
Krto
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2021 at 9:06pm
Hi Kirito, I think it is better to create a new topic for this. In my opinion, you will then get more responses.
Good luck !
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic