FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

cheap alternative to TBS and MAZE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
loopool View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loopool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cheap alternative to TBS and MAZE
    Posted: 12/06/2009 at 11:36pm
What are some cheap alternative to tbs and maze.
Sponsored Links

7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2009 at 11:39pm
Some people say Galaxy K4 and K6 respectively but I didn't try them personally.
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2009 at 5:46am
The Galaxy K4 is a good choice, if you want a cheaper alternative to the Timo Boll Spirit.

It plays in the same ballpark and is a good blade in it's own right. The flared handle is comfortable and it plays like a slightly lighter weight version of the Timo Boll Spirit, due to its average weight being slightly lighter.

I've owned the Galaxy K4 and Timo Boll Spirit at the same time and enjoyed playing with both.

Another option is the Dawei GTO, which has a small flared handle, that I didn't find as comfortable; but is still a good blade and value for money.

I would still choose the Galaxy K4 over the Dawei GTO, simply because it has a better build quality and the flared handle is more comfortable.
loopool View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loopool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2009 at 1:56am
I read some reviews from TT database and some of the reviewers were comparing galaxy T8 to TBS ... Are they comparable ???
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2009 at 2:06am
T-8 would be much more faster i guess. Though, i have never tried it to be true.
I own a K-5 and it is definately faster than a M.Maze (by a small margin though). It almost feels like a speedy clone of M. Maze or more like a Viscaria.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
grumiaux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumiaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2009 at 2:28am
donic waldner senso carbon with jo platin on both sides, it's surely a good choice.
Schlager carbon+banda helix energix
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2009 at 3:12am

Nittaku Redshank !

It plays like the Maze. A tiny bit slower and more flexible though. It is facilitating the loop process but still keeping the blocking and driving skills of the Maze. They are doing it with the Conical handle and it is cheaper !
I used to play the Maze last year and I happily moved to the Redshank this year.
Eventhow it is made in China, it keeps the Nittaku high quality standards.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2009 at 3:35am
Originally posted by grumiaux grumiaux wrote:

donic waldner senso carbon with jo platin on both sides, it's surely a good choice.

Make that Donic Waldner Senso ULTRA Carbon with JO Platin on both sides and i am ready to vouch for it myself too.
I have played with this combo and trust me, it was lovely! I would recommend it to anyone who wants to experience real pleasure of playing Wink.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
ddaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2009 at 3:39am
galxy k-6 M.Maze clone - you can buy mine if you like!
seattle player
TBS
V6
729 training blade ;)
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2009 at 8:36am
Originally posted by loopool loopool wrote:

Used TBS or Maze could be good and relatively inexpensive "alternatives" - I think they could be had for $50-60, depending on condition
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2009 at 9:30am
Originally posted by VictorK VictorK wrote:

Used TBS or Maze could be good and relatively inexpensive "alternatives" - I think they could be had for $50-60, depending on condition

YEAH! I was just about to type the same exact words as Victor, good thing I read his, so no dupe was done.

If you are going to spend what, like $45~60 anyway on those T1~T11 blades, why not just wait a little for people on MYTT to sell their used ones for maybe the same money.

Cheers

tsa
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2009 at 10:24am
yeah...slim chance to acquire an used good cond. either TBS or MMaze  for $45 - $60, more like $60 - 80, I'd say...
Wait a min....if any1 would like a good cond. MMaze FL, I might be just able to direct u to some local I know here.

@VictorK, +1.
jkillashark View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkillashark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2009 at 7:19pm
Nittaku Violin or Acoustic. Wait, you said cheap?
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH: Black DHS Neo Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge National
BH: Red Butterfly Tenergy 80

Footwork and forehand is always the answer.
manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2009 at 3:41am

729  V6, try to find one under 90gr

Blade: Bty BalsaCarbo X5 FL

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

BH: Palio Aeolus 45* 2.2
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2009 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by tsanyc tsanyc wrote:

Originally posted by VictorK VictorK wrote:

YEAH! I was just about to type the same exact words as Victor, good thing I read his, so no dupe was done.

If you are going to spend what, like $45~60 anyway on those T1~T11 blades, why not just wait a little for people on MYTT to sell their used ones for maybe the same money.

Cheers

tsa

Waiting for the secondary market to produce a suitable blade at a discount is a viable choice - not as fast as buying one and using it that day, though.

Khoan visited me in Korea and I gave him a Galaxy T-4 (*Somewhere JKC is declaring FOUL for not being in on the deal, as JKC is famed for the love that blade*) Khoan one-upped me and sent me a pair of KTS shoes (Kim Taek Soo's TT equipment company) and a KTS blade. (Which I still have to seal and test)

You never know. Forums are good for connecting people and sharing their TT interests. You might find yourself on the good end of a trade or giveaway.  
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2009 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by manyaku88 manyaku88 wrote:

729  V6, try to find one under 90gr

I have 2 V-6's, 85 and 86 gms. I have a good supplier. Wink
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2009 at 1:31am
i only found over 90, it's hard even to find stores that sell the blade, it's made for the asian market as far as i know

i reaally want one under 90 :(
Blade: Bty BalsaCarbo X5 FL

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

BH: Palio Aeolus 45* 2.2
kelvinyoong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2009 at 1:45am
Hmmmm 729 V6 is a diamond in the rough type of blade.

It can be compared to the TBS and Maze except for some spelling errors on the blade handle.
Andrzej Grubba AN
Sriver 2.1 Sriver 1.9
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2009 at 9:52am

I read some reviews from TT database and some of the reviewers were comparing galaxy T8 to TBS ... Are they comparable ???

Both blades are for attackers, but they are far different in speed, feel, and characteristics. I had a T-8 for a spell and it is easily more bouncy and faster than the TBS. I rate the TBS as OFF and the T-8 as OFF+. I can slap on Gambler Outlaw (a very FAST rubber) on the TBS and be comfortable with my loops and serves. The T-8 on the other hand, even with a very soft sponged rubber to tame it down is still bouncy and harder to control for me. I made a comparison between the T-8, the Wavestone, and the TBS. I still use the TBS, although it was nice to try out these other blades. I am not yet ready for the bounciness or OFF+ speed of them yet, maybe never will. 
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic