Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 2009 Tournament of Champions...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The 2009 Tournament of Champions...
    Posted: 12/15/2009 at 1:51pm
will take place in china this weekend and itTV will stream it live.

go here for the player list:

http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf_full_story1.asp?ID=19778&Competition_ID=1898&

and here for the itTV schedule:

http://www.ittf.com/world_events/2009TOC/2009TOC_schedule.pdf

Sponsored Links

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2009 at 4:14am
$250,000 is a lot of prize money, well, at least for this sport. Looks good, though its kinda funny, everyone but Boll was selected with a big achievement listed after their name, he just got it due to world rank...
spitfire View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spitfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2009 at 4:48am
that's how you get the biggest stars to play for you, big bucks, big audience, why can't US Open be a Pro Tour event?
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2009 at 10:05am
simple--no big bucks, no big audience!!
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2009 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

$250,000 is a lot of prize money, well, at least for this sport. Looks good, though its kinda funny, everyone but Boll was selected with a big achievement listed after their name, he just got it due to world rank...

yeah, but you gotta put boll in cuz he's the no. 1 european...
spitfire View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spitfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2009 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

yeah, but you gotta put boll in cuz he's the no. 1 european...
plus he is the most popular foreign player in CHN, that's TV rating guarenteed.
Cyrilix View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyrilix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2009 at 6:03pm
If an event were ever to be held nearby with enough to players attending, I would go to one and pay good money, but it's always somewhere far away.
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2009 at 4:10pm
http://news.hunantv.com/v/events/09gqdd/index.html

can someone who reads chinese tell me (us) if this is where hunan tv's live stream will be tonight?

i know that ITTV will also be streaming live tonight, but they will NOT show the first round.  so, for those of us who do want to see the 1st round, we will have to go to the link above, i think.  pls. confirm, somebody.
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2009 at 4:18pm
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2009 at 11:20pm
actually, the sopcast player has HUNAN TV on its channel list, so you can watch it live there until ITTV comes online in 2 hours.

right now, it's the start of the 5 game between VIKTORIA PAVLOVICH vs. FENG TIANWEI and pavlovich is up 3-1 in games.

before that, ma lin and maze played and i won't spoil it for you guys--all i'll say is that it was close.

the next match will be ma long v. mizutani jun.

go here for the sopcast player: http://sopcast.com/
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2009 at 11:45pm
Thanks for the heads up!

IceObsession View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceObsession Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2009 at 12:02am
Feng lost to Pavlovich again... Sigh... I think Feng will never be able to beat Pavlovich again like what she did in the Singapore Open... ):
FH: DHS Neo Hurricane III
BH: TSP Spectol 21
Blade: TSP Limban Offensive(FL)
Fixpoint View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2009 at 12:50am
MS-QF video
Ma Long vs Mizutani Jun
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EKYB3Q71
The first game is missing.
Cyrilix View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyrilix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2009 at 1:22am
Originally posted by IceObsession IceObsession wrote:

Feng lost to Pavlovich again... Sigh... I think Feng will never be able to beat Pavlovich again like what she did in the Singapore Open... ):

It's well known that Feng Tianwei has trouble with choppers. She'll definitely need to get past this barrier if she's to make it consistently into the top 5.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceObsession Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2009 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Cyrilix Cyrilix wrote:

It's well known that Feng Tianwei has trouble with choppers. She'll definitely need to get past this barrier if she's to make it consistently into the top 5.
But she is able to beat Kim Kyung Ah and Park Mi Young. Is it because she's not comfortable with the style of Pavlovich? I realise pavlovich twiddles her bat often and kept varying the spin, which causes problem for Feng.
liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2009 at 1:54am

But she is able to beat Kim Kyung Ah and Park Mi Young. Is it because she's not comfortable with the style of Pavlovich? I realise pavlovich twiddles her bat often and kept varying the spin, which causes problem for Feng.
yup, tactic and technique... ...
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
Cyrilix View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyrilix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2009 at 2:03am

Are you sure? She just lost to Park Mi Young after being up 3-0 in games in that recent open (I forget which one). I wouldn't say that's a good show of confidence.
tusnelda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tusnelda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2009 at 2:03am
Maze came close versus ma Lin leading 3-2 in set! anyone with wideo from the match?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceObsession Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2009 at 2:04am

Are you sure? She just lost to Park Mi Young after being up 3-0 in games in that recent open (I forget which one). I wouldn't say that's a good show of confidence.
Yes I'm sure she had beaten Kim and Park.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2009 at 2:40am

That was the Polish Open, but Feng had won the four previous matches against Park.
Cyrilix View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyrilix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2009 at 2:44am
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

That was the Polish Open, but Feng had won the four previous matches against Park.

Ah, I see. Well, looks like Kim Kyung Ah is about to suffer the "Feng Tianwei" reverse. Being up 3-0 in games, and doesn't look like she's going to win the last.
shishi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shishi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2009 at 7:13pm
Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2009 at 7:18pm
Thanks shishi for the videos!
I'm 15

Clipper Wood
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 PROVINCIAL 2.15mm 38 degrees
BH: Palio CK531A OX

CPen Looper with LP twiddling, blocking hitting and LP RPB
Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2009 at 7:24pm
Wow some weird upsets...

How come on the ittv videos I can't skip to the middle?
I'm 15

Clipper Wood
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 PROVINCIAL 2.15mm 38 degrees
BH: Palio CK531A OX

CPen Looper with LP twiddling, blocking hitting and LP RPB
Cyrilix View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyrilix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2009 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by shishi shishi wrote:

Women's QF

Liu Shiwen VS. Wang Yuegu

Feng Tianwei VS. Pavlovich Viktoria

Men's QF

Ma Long VS. Mizutani Jun

Awesome! Thanks!

Originally posted by Totoro Totoro wrote:

Wow some weird upsets...How come on the ittv videos I can't skip to the middle?

I noticed that too. It's probably a very simplified video player that disallows seeking to areas that you haven't downloaded yet, instead of being smart about it like Youtube and starting to download a chunk you request.

Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2009 at 8:46pm
Ma Lin VS Maze anyone?
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
shishi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shishi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2009 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Sallom89 Sallom89 wrote:

Ma Lin VS Maze anyone?

I recorded it but I messed up during the 1st set : some points from the 1st set are missing and the 1st set is a little choppy. The other sets are fine though.
So I will only post it if nobody posts it before.
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2009 at 10:55pm
I'm guessing there was no weird/funny opening ceremony this year? My favorite part of this tournament.
shishi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shishi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2009 at 11:17pm
AFAIK this year they only had a "classy" draw ceremony and the players were supposed to dress up for the ceremony LOL

The Chinese call him the "Beckham of ping pong" LOL

Liu Shiwen and Timo Boll probably did not get the "dress up" memo LOL

Check the two girls on the left LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceObsession Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2009 at 11:30pm
Hmm.. Looks like Pavlovich's coach and Samsonov's coach is the same person...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic