Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

ITTF Pro Tour Grand Finals 2009 (videos)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
wysman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wysman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ITTF Pro Tour Grand Finals 2009 (videos)
    Posted: 01/16/2010 at 4:56am
Originally posted by mudr.nudl mudr.nudl wrote:

i will record ittv - that is sure...
pls somebody record cctv...

my i know how to record from itTV?
Sponsored Links

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2010 at 2:04pm
ZingyDNA:

Ratings Central ranked Zhang Yining #1.
ITTF ranked Zhang Yining #2.

Skip
skip3119
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2010 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

i could care less if they have park at no. 10 or no. 1 at ratings central.  they can leave her at no. 10 all they want--it just shows how much of a bulls**t system it really is.how could it be better??  is it better than the ittf at measuring performance in their own events?is it even a better measure of who is actually a better player?the answer to both questions is a resounding no!!i vaguely remember that they have that north korean in the top-20.  when does that north korean ever play internationally??  almost never.  probably cuz they're afraid if they let him out of country too often, he'll run away (like kreanga).you can't have a ratings/ranking system based on who's "better?"  the only way to tell if one player is "better" than another is to see their lifetime head-to-head and that, in most cases, is impossible.

Alrighty, it's plain to see that you're going to be a dick about this so I'll drop it. There is clearly no way to make you happy and it's either your way or stfu.

well, i would rather say that i'm, uh, cocksure that i'm right on this issue!!
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2010 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

After her marriage, Zhang Yining has not played for a long long time.  Her ITTF world ranking has dropped to #2.

She must be very rusty by now.  Don't know if she will come back to try to regain her #1 ranking?

Ratings Central has her at 2986 Shocked  Your numbers are from usatt.org, right?
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2010 at 1:14pm

i could care less if they have park at no. 10 or no. 1 at ratings central.� they can leave her at no. 10 all they want--it just shows how much of a bulls**t system it really is.how could it be better??� is it better than the ittf at measuring performance in their own events?is it even a better measure of who is actually a better player?the answer to both questions is a resounding no!!i vaguely remember that they have that north korean in the top-20.� when does that north korean ever play internationally??� almost never.� probably cuz they're afraid if they let him out of country too often, he'll run away (like kreanga).you can't have a ratings/ranking system based on who's "better?"� the only way to tell if one player is "better" than another is to see their lifetime head-to-head and that, in most cases, is impossible.

Alrighty, it's plain to see that you're going to be a dick about this so I'll drop it. There is clearly no way to make you happy and it's either your way or stfu.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2010 at 12:54pm
After her marriage, Zhang Yining has not played for a long long time.  Her ITTF world ranking has dropped to #2.

She must be very rusty by now.  Don't know if she will come back to try to regain her #1 ranking?
skip3119
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2010 at 10:38am
Ratings Central did not pick a tournament where Zhang Yining played.

12-29-2008, SPINvitational.  (USA)

Zhang Yining beat a world ranked player, Lucjan Blaszczyk in that event.
=========================

Zhang, Yining

SPINvitational 

Rating before tournament: 2640 (adjusted to 2698)

Rating after tournament: 2735

Rating change: 95

see complete history for Zhang, Yining

Event

Results

Score

Rating +/-

Wins
Open
Hazinski, Mark (2572) complete history
10 ,2 ,8 3
Open
Wang, Timothy (2467) complete history
11 ,9 ,2 1
Open
Blaszczyk, Lucjan (2796) complete history
9 ,4 ,-9 ,-8 ,5 20
Open
Lei, Zhenhua (2740) complete history
10 ,5 ,6 13
Women
Bosika, Mimi (2212) complete history
5 ,4 ,2 0
Women
Pota, Georgina (2403) complete history
3 ,-10 ,2 ,-6 ,4 0

skip3119
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2010 at 7:37am
TT over study:

Thank you very much.

Skip

ps:  I looked at this link for top 200 men players, I couldn't find him.
===========================================

Took another look of the above link, and took another look of your link - found that "Zhou Xin's" rating dropped below 200th.
skip3119
TT over Study View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT over Study Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2010 at 1:54am
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2010 at 11:33pm

Can not find this player, "Zhou Xin", either in ITTF or in Ratings Central.  (His name sounds like he is a Chinese player.)

He beat Jorg Rosskopft, a German player with ITTF world ranking at 69th, in the following tournament.

2009 JOOLA N. American Teams  (11-29-2009) (USA)

*** Ratings Central does not seem to cover all the good Chinese players. ***
skip3119
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT over Study Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2010 at 9:24pm

how could it be better??  is it better than the ittf at measuring performance in their own events?

is it even a better measure of who is actually a better player?

the answer to both questions is a resounding no!!

ratings central is better than the ittf rankings because it includes those chinese players who are not in the top 7 or so but would win against foreign players with their eyes closed..

these players who are 'restricted' from playing in pro tour events are rated according to results in super league etc.. therefore you will get a better picture of the top players in the world..

mwpor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwpor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2010 at 8:55pm
Hi JimT,

When I try to download from depositfiles, it always say that the download limit for my country is used up already... so, after waiting and waiting, I've give up already.... But, no problem for me on Megaupload.
Thanks!
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2010 at 11:59am

so f****** what??  like, who the f*** cares?? all you ratings central freaks claim that it's a better measure of how good somebody is.   well, anybody who does just a little thinking knows that that's just a load o' crap!!out of curiosity, i took a look at it the other day, they have boll at no. 2!!  now, that's a total joke!!  imho, boll shouldn't even be in the top 10!!and on the women's side, they have park at no. 10 and that's a another joke--though admittedly not as funny as boll at no. 2!  no non-chinese woman should be in the top-10!!if you base a ranking system on who is actually better, then no non-chinese man or woman should be in the top-10 at all!!

woah woah woah, chill out. You are taking my using one of two rating sites way too seriously and personally.

I agree with you on who should be up there, but they do it by points and Boll gets his points from playing Europeans so he looks better because he plays weaker people and doesn't lose randomly like the top Chinese when they play in the Chinese Super league, Asian Championships, etc.
I know it's not really fair, but it's better than the ITTF in my opinion, which has Maze in the top 10 still... There is just one non Chinese man and one non Chinese woman in their top 10's, Boll and Mi Young Park who jumped way up after beating a few of the top 10 Chinese in a few pro tour events, she won't stay there though, don't you worry.

i could care less if they have park at no. 10 or no. 1 at ratings central.  they can leave her at no. 10 all they want--it just shows how much of a bulls**t system it really is.

how could it be better??  is it better than the ittf at measuring performance in their own events?

is it even a better measure of who is actually a better player?

the answer to both questions is a resounding no!!

i vaguely remember that they have that north korean in the top-20.  when does that north korean ever play internationally??  almost never.  probably cuz they're afraid if they let him out of country too often, he'll run away (like kreanga).

you can't have a ratings/ranking system based on who's "better?"  the only way to tell if one player is "better" than another is to see their lifetime head-to-head and that, in most cases, is impossible.
spitfire View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spitfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2010 at 10:28pm
rating is retarded in the first place, the "Master players" in USATT rating would not survive in "real" international competations. No Killerspin Invi does not count as a formal competation. How people judge their skill based on a number is beyond me. I am tired of people just pull out a rating and expect people to judge their ability on that.
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2010 at 8:57pm

so f****** what??� like, who the f*** cares?? all you ratings central freaks claim that it's a better measure of how good somebody is.�� well, anybody who does just a little thinking knows that that's just a load o' crap!!out of curiosity, i took a look at it the other day, they have boll at no. 2!!� now, that's a total joke!!� imho, boll shouldn't even be in the top 10!!and on the women's side, they have park at no. 10 and that's a another joke--though admittedly not as funny as boll at no. 2!� no non-chinese woman should be in the top-10!!if you base a ranking system on who is actually better, then no non-chinese man or woman should be in the top-10 at all!!

woah woah woah, chill out. You are taking my using one of two rating sites way too seriously and personally.

I agree with you on who should be up there, but they do it by points and Boll gets his points from playing Europeans so he looks better because he plays weaker people and doesn't lose randomly like the top Chinese when they play in the Chinese Super league, Asian Championships, etc.
I know it's not really fair, but it's better than the ITTF in my opinion, which has Maze in the top 10 still... There is just one non Chinese man and one non Chinese woman in their top 10's, Boll and Mi Young Park who jumped way up after beating a few of the top 10 Chinese in a few pro tour events, she won't stay there though, don't you worry.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT over Study Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2010 at 8:49pm

so f****** what??  like, who the f*** cares??

all you ratings central freaks claim that it's a better measure of how good somebody is.   well, anybody who does just a little thinking knows that that's just a load o' crap!!

out of curiosity, i took a look at it the other day, they have boll at no. 2!!  now, that's a total joke!!  imho, boll shouldn't even be in the top 10!!

and on the women's side, they have park at no. 10 and that's a another joke--though admittedly not as funny as boll at no. 2!  no non-chinese woman should be in the top-10!!

if you base a ranking system on who is actually better, then no non-chinese man or woman should be in the top-10 at all!!

lol, have a cry.. you clearly said ma losing to zhang was an upset, everyone knows zhang has kicked ma's ass consistently and in some very important matches..
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2010 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by tpgh2k tpgh2k wrote:

Originally posted by mudr.nudl mudr.nudl wrote:

zhang vs. ma is on depositfiles - you can find link here

he means zhang jike vs. Ma LIN and not Ma LONG

that's right--thank you.
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2010 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

i also see samsonov making an announcement soon.  he's been around for a while now.  i first saw him a little over 10 yrs. ago at the '99 worlds.  he got upset by no. 14-ranked ma lin in the round-of-16, i believe.  he was no. 1 then. liu guoliang was no. 2 and i think kong linghui was no. 3.  so, y'see, the liu and kong are out now, so it's about time for vladi say goodbye, as well...

European players, especially of Samsonov's style, do not retire as early as physical players a-la Ryu or WLQ - look at Primorac, Persson, Saive. I think Vladi will play until he is around 39-40 years old, that's another 5-6 years.

y'know, you might be right about that...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2010 at 4:20pm

i also see samsonov making an announcement soon.  he's been around for a while now.  i first saw him a little over 10 yrs. ago at the '99 worlds.  he got upset by no. 14-ranked ma lin in the round-of-16, i believe.  he was no. 1 then. liu guoliang was no. 2 and i think kong linghui was no. 3.  so, y'see, the liu and kong are out now, so it's about time for vladi say goodbye, as well...

European players, especially of Samsonov's style, do not retire as early as physical players a-la Ryu or WLQ - look at Primorac, Persson, Saive. I think Vladi will play until he is around 39-40 years old, that's another 5-6 years.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2010 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

My prediction is this:

in the next 2-3 years we will see the old guard - WLQ and Ma Lin - either officially retiring or slipping in rankings below first five.

Boll and Samsonov also will exit first five (Vladi is already #6 and I do not see him re-entering the five in the nearest future). So the first five will be Ma Long, Wang Hao, Xu Xin, Zhang Jike and some else... perhaps another Chinese like Hao Shuai.

In 3-5 years possibly Mizutani or some other young Japanese (Matsudaira) or Korean guy will have a chance at the first ten (and staying  there for some reasonable time, I am not talking about one time deal like Maze, more like constant presence for some considerable time similar to Joo or Chuan), but 7 out of 10 there will still be from China.

The only European I see who can enter the top ten is Ovtcharov but he has to really improve for that. Timo could still be there - number 7 or 9 or smth like that - in 4-5 years that is, but Samsonov will be in the second ten with Timo joining him and they will stay there for a long time...

We'll see if I am right, of course but this seems like a rather safe prognosis.

ma lin and wlq...  i'll be surprised if it takes that long.  also, i would add wang hao and chen qi.

i don't see ovtcharov getting into the top-10 and staying there.  he might get in when the others mentioned above drop out.  but, in my mind, he doesn't have a top-10 level game, so if he makes it, he won't last long.

takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2010 at 4:00pm

he made have made the top 10 with this event.he took out 2 top-5 players, boll and wlq.  and he's currently 15th now, so i think he made enough points to get in to the top-10.zhang jike also had 2 upsets, ma lin and joo,  he may have made it to the top-10, as well, or maybe no. 11.

They're 3rd and 4th on Rating Central...been in the top 10 for a while...

so f****** what??  like, who the f*** cares??

all you ratings central freaks claim that it's a better measure of how good somebody is.   well, anybody who does just a little thinking knows that that's just a load o' crap!!

out of curiosity, i took a look at it the other day, they have boll at no. 2!!  now, that's a total joke!!  imho, boll shouldn't even be in the top 10!!

and on the women's side, they have park at no. 10 and that's a another joke--though admittedly not as funny as boll at no. 2!  no non-chinese woman should be in the top-10!!

if you base a ranking system on who is actually better, then no non-chinese man or woman should be in the top-10 at all!!

mudr.nudl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudr.nudl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2010 at 2:58pm
and what you want to say with that?
Mdman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2010 at 2:49pm
All those videos are an YouTube as well.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2010 at 10:41am

Jim T:

Thanks for your observation and prediction.  How do you like that lefty player,  Chen Qi.  He is a very aggressive player.  Do you think he can make it to the top 5 some day?

skip

Probably not - he is a great player but he consistently loses to the top five. It is possible that when WLQ and Ma Lin are out he can enter top five but not for long...

mudr.nudl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudr.nudl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2010 at 7:58am
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2010 at 12:05am

believe that players like xuxin, chen qi and zhang  jike be one of

the top player in  line with ma long, if there nation allow them to..

china just have to many players..

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2010 at 11:44pm

Jim T:

Thanks for your�observation and prediction.� How do you like that lefty player,��Chen Qi.� He is a very�aggressive player.� Do you think he can make it to the top 5 some day?

skip

He's been super consistant throughout his career, how high he is ranked doesn't so much depend on how well he's doing, because he beats people lower than him, loses sometimes to the ones higher, it just depends on how good other people get. He's stayed in the top 10 for 6 years straight. He's just super consistent and is just 25, so he'll be up there for a few more years probably, he just never wins, always in the semi-finals, type of guy.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2010 at 11:27pm
Jim T:

Thanks for your observation and prediction.  How do you like that lefty player,  Chen Qi.  He is a very aggressive player.  Do you think he can make it to the top 5 some day?

skip
skip3119
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2010 at 7:11pm
My prediction is this:

in the next 2-3 years we will see the old guard - WLQ and Ma Lin - either officially retiring or slipping in rankings below first five.

Boll and Samsonov also will exit first five (Vladi is already #6 and I do not see him re-entering the five in the nearest future). So the first five will be Ma Long, Wang Hao, Xu Xin, Zhang Jike and some else... perhaps another Chinese like Hao Shuai.

In 3-5 years possibly Mizutani or some other young Japanese (Matsudaira) or Korean guy will have a chance at the first ten (and staying  there for some reasonable time, I am not talking about one time deal like Maze, more like constant presence for some considerable time similar to Joo or Chuan), but 7 out of 10 there will still be from China.

The only European I see who can enter the top ten is Ovtcharov but he has to really improve for that. Timo could still be there - number 7 or 9 or smth like that - in 4-5 years that is, but Samsonov will be in the second ten with Timo joining him and they will stay there for a long time...

We'll see if I am right, of course but this seems like a rather safe prognosis.

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2010 at 7:08pm

he made have made the top 10 with this event.he took out 2 top-5 players, boll and wlq.� and he's currently 15th now, so i think he made enough points to get in to the top-10.zhang jike also had 2 upsets, ma lin and joo,� he may have made it to the top-10, as well, or maybe no. 11.

They're 3rd and 4th on Rating Central...been in the top 10 for a while...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic