Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 2010 Chinese Nat'l Team Trials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
spitfire View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spitfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

That's hillaaaarious. I think Xu Xin will kill him though, Hao Shuai is a left handed controlled looper and we saw how well Xu Xin does against those recently.

On the other hand, Xu Xin is 2 wins and 5 losses against Hao Shuai...that's...weird.

Love Hao Shuai, personal favorite of mine, but he's always been overlooked despite his ability to beat anyone in the world.
Hao Shuai is famous for his ability to beat his own teammates. That's why CHN national team never let him play singles. the consequence is that he knocked his teammates out during prelims and lose to like a european player in the final....LOL....worst case scenario.
Sponsored Links

takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 10:16pm
ok, finally, after 1.5 hours of searching, here's the cctv5 video archive page.

the 1st 4 vids are of the men's team trial matches from late last night--for those of us who couldn't stay awake.

the 1st one on the list is wang hao-hao shuai; the 2nd one ma lin-chen qi; the third wlq-zhang jike and the 4th vid is ma long-xu xin.

enjoy!!
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

ok, finally, after 1.5 hours of searching, here's the cctv5 video archive page.

the 1st 4 vids are of the men's team trial matches from late last night--for those of us who couldn't stay awake.

the 1st one on the list is wang hao-hao shuai; the 2nd one ma lin-chen qi; the third wlq-zhang jike and the 4th vid is ma long-xu xin.

enjoy!!

There's no links...
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 10:24pm
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 10:48pm
Wow, Hao Shuai killed Wang Hao, not even close, 3-0 overwhelming win. I so hope he wins this so he will get a championship of some kind to hold up other than a doubles title.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 11:40pm
I just hope all 8 will sing together after the final Big%20smile
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 12:00am

Wow, Hao Shuai killed Wang Hao, not even close, 3-0 overwhelming win. I so hope he wins this so he will get a championship of some kind to hold up other than a doubles title.

Wang Hao has always been an underdog when up against Hao Shuai, even when he was in much better shape than now. Hao Shuai has a much underrated short game (best shakehand server for now, according to a nation team coach). If only he could smash better ...LOL
huizhao85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huizhao85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 12:09am
wow, amazing atmosphere at this qualifier. rows of world class coaches, ex-players, players and hopefuls all wearing the same uniform watching them play. must be intimidating.
YEO CPen + T05 + Sriver G3
Violin CPen + H3 NEO + Boost TC
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 2:03am
When is the final?
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 2:15am
CCTV5 has a Live broadcast scheduled at 08:35 GMT!
TTThommi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTThommi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 2:31am
Hallo,

No Vids from the Mens Trials ?Wink

TT-Thommi
Valerikim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valerikim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 2:39am
Originally posted by TTNoobie TTNoobie wrote:

CCTV5 has a Live broadcast scheduled at 08:35 GMT!

12:35am Pacific Time (in one hour from now)
Blade: Butterfly Jun Mizutani
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 2.1 black
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 2.1 red
Glue: Tear Mender
Ryu_S_M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryu_S_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 3:42am
they are showing voleyball instead of table tennisConfused
Cyrilix View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyrilix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 4:00am
I don't see anything. Did they change the schedule?
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 4:02am
Clearly Hao Shuai won and that was unacceptable so they blacked out the final from tv and will change the results later and Hao Shuai will be "allowed to have a girlfriend" so he has to take personal time away from the team, all in order for him to learn his place in serving the greater good of the country.
Valerikim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valerikim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 4:24am
They are showing it right now and Hao Shuai keeps losing points by missing the smashes lol.
Blade: Butterfly Jun Mizutani
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 2.1 black
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 2.1 red
Glue: Tear Mender
viktorovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 4:27am
Xu Xin - Hao Shuai  1:0
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 4:51am
Liu Guoliang is an amazing commentator :D. He's talking a lot about how they're playing differently than in practice, the problems with their games, their strengths, and the mind games they're playing during service.

Very, very rough recollection of Xu Xin's post-match comments:

It's not that I was confident, but more so that I'm just young and concentrated on attacking my older teammates. Everyone here wanted to play the best. Although my technique not the best, my heart was calmer. I really didn't think about the pressure until the finals. Looking forward to celebrating the Chinese New Year now.
viktorovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 4:57am
Xu Xin - Hao Shuai  3:1
Ryu_S_M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryu_S_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 4:59am
some good ralies there
Fixpoint View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 6:10am
2010 Chinese Men�s Team Selection for Moscow 1st Stage Videos

Final
Xu Xin vs Hao Shuai
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RB2SCU25

SF
Xu Xin vs Wang Liqin
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WQ8QV2WT

QF
Xu Xin vs Ma Long
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8HODVB52
ttCrawsaive View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 6:44am
Thanks Fixpoint!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ttCrawsaive
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 6:51am
Well that solved something we sure wouldn't have guessed, Xu Xin is going to be on the team! zomg~
dondish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dondish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 7:03am

Well that solved something we sure wouldn't have guessed, Xu Xin is going to be on the team! zomg~

it's not like the olympic games...
i was pretty sure they'd take him even if he hadn't win...
they always have trials and everytime the best 4 (the wang's and the ma's) r there, so it 's usually just a question of who they want on the team..

i.e. they said (correct me if i was wrong) that a player who'd win a pro tour would also qualify 2 the team.but they decide who can participate, so expect 2 c the big 4 at the next few pro tour...

btw, sorry for spelling mistakes..
spitfire View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spitfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 8:20am
Originally posted by dondish dondish wrote:

it's not like the olympic games...
i was pretty sure they'd take him even if he hadn't win...
they always have trials and everytime the best 4 (the wang's and the ma's) r there, so it 's usually just a question of who they want on the team..

i.e. they said (correct me if i was wrong) that a player who'd win a pro tour would also qualify 2 the team.but they decide who can participate, so expect 2 c the big 4 at the next few pro tour...

btw, sorry for spelling mistakes..
I think Jonan is being sarcastic when he said "we wouldn't have guessed". I think he is trying to say that XX is going to be on there anyways.Wink Just my own thought.
dondish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dondish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 8:28am
guess i didn't see it..
either way i hope hao shuai could participate. i like his game much better than XX.
jony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 9:30am
what hao shuai equipment using??? timo boll spirit ???
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 10:33am
wealthweb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wealthweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 10:54am
Congratulation to Xu Xin for his first ticket to Moscow. This young fellow is not afraid to challenge his senior team mates - Ma Long, Hao Shuai, etc. He is only 20 years old. His ultimate goal is to go to 2012 London Olympia.

I like Wang Hao. But if Wang Hao does not quit on seeing his new girlfriend and swallowing potato chips, Xu Xin will be replacing him soon. Beautiful girl is not a welcome factor in the eyes of the coaches of the Chinese TT National Team. They don't want their boys to cast their eyes on beautiful females, only on the ball. Ma Lin and Wang Hao are two classic examples in which girls can cause a lot of distraction and can adversely affect their emotion and performance. I hope Xu Xin can read and speak simple English and he should because the Chinese players are required to take English tutorial lessons now.
Eric Yu
1st Blade: KTS Red + Omega II, Tenergy 64
2nd Blade: Butterfly Haruvatart-S ZL Carbon + Omega III, Tenergy 05
Dream Blade:Special Cypress Custom (Special Royal Treasure Art Product)+ Narucr
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2010 at 11:04am
Originally posted by wealthweb wealthweb wrote:

Congratulation to Xu Xin for his first ticket to Moscow. This young fellow is not afraid to challenge his senior team mates - Ma Long, Hao Shuai, etc. He is only 20 years old. His ultimate goal is to go to 2012 London Olympia.

I like Wang Hao. But if Wang Hao does not quit on seeing his new girlfriend and swallowing potato chips, Xu Xin will be replacing him soon. Beautiful girl is not a welcome factor in the eyes of the coaches of the Chinese TT National Team. They don't want their boys to cast their eyes on beautiful females, only on the ball. Ma Lin and Wang Hao are two classic examples in which girls can cause a lot of distraction and can adversely affect their emotion and performance. I hope Xu Xin can read and speak simple English and he should because the Chinese players are required to take English tutorial lessons now.

If boll had no girlfriend, would he be playing better?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic