Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Yasaka Rakza 7: anyone know about this rubber?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yasaka Rakza 7: anyone know about this rubber?
    Posted: 02/04/2010 at 12:09am
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
Sponsored Links

bumpernets19 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2010 at 12:18am
cool package, but I've never seen it before...nor heard of it.??
Rating: 1232
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
729 FX View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 729 FX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2010 at 9:52pm
It was on the ITTF list 30B which came out end of last year.

Some link on YAsaka Rakza :
bros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 9:27am
Originally posted by 729 FX 729 FX wrote:

It was on the ITTF list 30B which came out end of last year.

Some link on YAsaka Rakza :

This rubber release on march this year.
If you're hard hitter,this rubber maybe suit on you.
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 9:38am
About time they put out something new and not a re-make. No one uses Yasaka stuff anymore, never heard of a single pro who does.
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

About time they put out something new and not a re-make. No one uses Yasaka stuff anymore, never heard of a single pro who does.
Yea, they must call it the "Ma Lin" Extra Offensive for nothing. Judging everything by what the pros use is a sad test of a rubber. Most of the time the pros are doing more important things, like practicing, and don't have time to research rubber. Even then, most pros are signed to a certain manufacturer and can get deals from the manufacturer for equipment. Michael Maze in his butterfly training dvd said one of the reasons he liked to use bryce was because he could get it for cheap from butterfly.
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 11:23am
Wow hybrid power! Does it run on unleaded or ethanol? 
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 11:56am
are tey selling the packaging separate from the rubber? then i might by one ...packet. :)

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
unagidon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unagidon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 2:26pm
hope the durability is good
kong linghui special: bluefire jp01 / rakza x

my feedback
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 8:38pm

You heard of Ma Lin?
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2010 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

You heard of Ma Lin?

ok, ONE pro player uses ONE piece of Yasaka equipment...and no one uses their rubbers, which is the thing in question here. But even with players on the forum, how many people are using Yasaka equipment, especially rubber? Other than you at the moment. I'm not even sure why you're using that setup, my friend bought the same combo and it was underwhelming, pretty slow setup.
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 2:33am

...But even with players on the forum, how many people are using Yasaka equipment, especially rubber? Other than you at the moment. I'm not even sure why you're using that setup, my friend bought the same combo and it was underwhelming, pretty slow setup.

I suppose I am using that setup because I generate my own power and Mark V is a very linear, predictable rubber.
I am fairly certain that there are a lot of people using Yasaka equipment. Maybe in your circle of friends and fellow players there are not. But just so you know, a 16 year old kid from Oregon came into our club and beat almost everyone in the club using a Sharaiden and Mark V untuned. All except one defender who won a silver in the US Nationals I think in under 1800. Apparently he has taken matches off of 2000 level players with this setup. When and if he uses something less "slow" as you put it, his foundation and strokes will be so strong that his rating will most likely soar.
There are some who have discovered Tenergy who like it because it does most of the work for you, especially on lifting underspin balls. That is great if your strokes are perfectly grooved and you train a lot. But if you use it as a crutch you will become lazy and unable to perform well without your Tenergy.

Yasaka is an affordable, quality manufacturer and I think it is highly under rated. The Mark V Special is a slow blade, but it is just as fast as other OFF- blades that are accurately rated. There is nothing particularly great about it, but there is nothing bad either. Great affordable setup.

Jonan, if you are interested in Yasaka products I know a bit about them and would be happy to share my limited knowledge. If not, and you don't care for them, maybe this thread doesn't pertain to your interests?
---
Back on topic: Rakza 7 is on sale in a couple of places the cheapest of which is here:

http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=862

But they are sold out.
If any one can review this, or can find out the rubber's properties that would be awesome.
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 2:40am

ok, ONE pro player uses ONE piece of Yasaka equipment...and no one uses their rubbers, which is the thing in question here. But even with players on the forum, how many people are using Yasaka equipment, especially rubber? Other than you at the moment. I'm not even sure why you're using that setup, my friend bought the same combo and it was underwhelming, pretty slow setup.

If I'm correct, I believe Ma Lin also uses some variant of Mark V also.  I think LGL also did for bh.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 3:03am
Why didn't they call it just Rasetsuten, instead of using the Indian word for Demon? Wink Though it may mean also protection if 7 is not read as attached S.

Still, $40 for an Yasaka rubber is too much for a proud member of the Cheapo social vista club. I'd better stay with New Era or ZAP Biotech...
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 9:30am

and no one uses their rubbers, which is the thing in question here. But even with players on the forum, how many people are using Yasaka equipment, especially rubber? Other than you at the moment. I'm not even sure why you're using that setup, my friend bought the same combo and it was underwhelming, pretty slow setup.

This forum's equipment focus is on *NEW* technology, so it's no wonder why Mark V may not get the sort of "play" here that it gets in clubs nationwide. 

In my state, there are two retired players (1900 / 2000) who played with Mark V for years.

What's funny is that they grab their old blades, come out of retirement every few years, play a few league matches, win their divisions and then go back into retirement.  

Classic Yasaka rubbers are hardly a barrier to success.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2010 at 1:35pm
  One of my friends is a vendor in Japan  he was at a trade show for TT gear and said this rubber was one of the most exciting new products he saw there.  He told me it is very close to Tenergy 05  for a fraction of the cost.
ryanp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2010 at 5:41pm
at my club, there's probably 5+ players using yasaka and mostly mark v back to back. also, i think xtend is one of the great rubbers out there although its kinda fragile. yasaka xtend is popular in southeast asian countries. 
t05 fx, diamant & wing passion medium
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2010 at 6:42pm
people may not know this but yasaka mark v is one of the top 3 most popular rubbers for a very long time
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2010 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

� One of my friends is a vendor in Japan� he was at a trade show for TT gear and said this rubber was one of the most exciting new products he saw there.� He told me it is very close to Tenergy 05� for a fraction of the cost.

The price at ttex.se is 68$. At tt-japan.net is 45$, but is sold out.
It's not that cheap compared with Tenergy.

jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2010 at 7:54pm
sorry i was thinking about what i get it for :(       He did seem really excited about this product.
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2010 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

sorry i was thinking about what i get it for :(       He did seem really excited about this product.

How much are you getting it for? Wink
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 10:25am
here is the description of Yasaka Rakza 7 from http://www.jarvissports.co.uk/ViewItem.php?ItemID=270:

* New
* Highly suitable for 'Hard hitters'
* Medium sponge
* OFF - to OFF
* Elasticity:     Spin Elastic,
* Speed:     9+
* Control:     7+
* Spin:     10++

RAKZA 7 is the newly developed rubber by YASAKA, using mainly natural rubber gum for the top sheet. This improves the level of grip and the power of spin drastically. The top sheet is combined with the new �Power Sponge�. The top sheet and �Power Sponge� work in perfect synergy, producing the Hybrid Energy rubber RAKZA 7.

When the player hits the ball hard, the rubber �grips� the ball and the stroke can be used to place the ball accurately, both in direction and length. The serve and short returns are very sharp and easy to handle. Due to the increased percentage of natural gum the durability is improved.

Price: �33 ...
Ranger-man View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 10:40am
I am sorry if this comes across as a stupid question. But this rubber is not a tensor then? It does say some kind of hybrid power sponge. I am not clear on this so can anyone please elaborate? As for Yasaka products, I don't know why I can't convince myself to buy anything since the Mark V either. 
Darker Speed 90 10mm: Dawei IQUL
Ahinoki Lutz Spruce Jpen: 729 SuperFX

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 12:21pm
This is hilarious - even Yasaka's website cannot spell the name of their new rubber - there is both Rakza and "Razka":
http://www.yasaka.se/shownews.asp?newsID=298
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 6:11pm
Most likely they are just reverse tensioning the sheet (like the HPS version of Mark V - it will probably curl).

It's one of the most rudimentary forms of speeding up the sponge, while keeping the topsheet controllable. Companies like Palio were doing this 6+ years ago with the original CJ8000 tension series.

The interesting stuff that would make the reverse tensioning better than the boatloads of bogus H3 Neos (meaning the ones that reverse dome) is the quality/consistency of Yasaka's sponge and the properties/type of adhesive they use to attach the topsheet.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2010 at 6:00am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csrbT4DMPo8

Anyone with a close up of this rubber???
Here is the best I can do:
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2010 at 9:13am
A week of testing I would say my experiences covers Yasaka introduction of Rakza7.

I put a MAX red onto a 5ply ALL+ racket with a 2.1 Tenergy 05 without eny booster. I feel the rubber not so shiny as other Germans. It is similar to Xiom's natural. By pushing I consider that hard rubber. On these feature I believe its high durability. Besides the behaviour is closer to semi-hard or harder soft rubbers. The holes in the Power Sponge are smaller then we get used to with Tenergy, Baracuda, Xplode and even Vegas'. Compering to regulars there are glued Yaska GPS or Srivel EL come into my mind.

Serves/chops
Even it is MAX and has short dwell time you can make tricks well. Comparing to Baracuda or Xplode its easier to make the ball rotate back. Chops & short pendulums are really sharp. Grips like Tenergy but the way is more forgiving. At that stage the sponge does not determine much.

Block
Easy in easy out. Does not kick the ball over. The sponge also works well. You can easily drive and accelerate or dump the ball. I am afraid that with using OFF blade it wont be easy. Delivers resonance well, not damping like Tenergy64. I could feel the ball touch in my palm. (you can change it with different racket)

Active spin
During few hits I could adjusted angles of the racket and looped wonderful arc balls. It is possible to loop over the table bud from mid- or long distance. No lack of power from far. Wether it is due to sponge or rubber or both it grabs even fast balls, no fall outs during counterspin. In sum you can play varietys of loops from killspindrives to side/topspins from far as you want and not as your racket wants :)

Spin onto chop
It was the only trouble. The dynamics I used so well during loops could not be mastered. I could loop chops back with high amout of spins but I had to be prepared on feet and the balls went higher arc compared to planned. If I did not pulled the racket so much due to the grip and max sponge the balls keep try to find the best way into the net. If you want to hit the chop up or make loop-like movement just forget Rakza7. It requires good footwork if you play offensive. I can really imagine you can also use Rakza7 for defensive style in thinner versions.

In sum
I am convinced Yasaka achieved good opportunity to be in the club of Butterfly, Xiom, Donic, Joola, Tibhar in Europe as theye were in the Mark V era. With Rakza7 Yasaka made a rubber that lats you play tabletennis.

I would recommend those who serve well, loop well even from distance and can step over some nonlinerarity. Due to its easy handling fetures it will spread I think for allrounders in 1.8 or 2.0 thickness. I will use it in 2.0 one of my racket and 2.0 Baracuda on the other.
we make real professional handmade table tennis blades - ospblades.com
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2010 at 5:34pm
nice review, thanks!
i was able to understand your comments very well.
I wonder if it is pre-tuned and will lose its dynamics?
Ubbser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ubbser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2010 at 1:37am
Hello, very nice review. I�m looking forward to take this Rubber for the next season.
At the moment I play with Tenergy 64 but I want to switch to the Rakza 7 because I�m searching for a Rubber with a little more dynamic. Is it right that the Rakza 7 is easier to handle ?

Sorry my english is not the best. Unhappy

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2010 at 12:36am
Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

You heard of Ma Lin?
who's that? LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic