Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yasaka Rakza 7: anyone know about this rubber?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 5:29pm
Excellent rubber, durable enough but I find it a bit blade dependant. Rakza 7 with a Hinoki top ply is a match made in heaven. I was wondering how long before my fellow forum members caught on to this rubber.
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Sponsored Links

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by High_Arc High_Arc wrote:

Which one was first? Rakza7 or Blitz? (Btw, is there another 'clone'?)

I would (tentatively) argue that another clone is Donic Acuda S1. I know nothing of Rakza7, but I have played with Acuda S1 and Blit'z. I believe they're all ESN versions of similar products (if not the same, in some cases).

A brief background:

I sent a sheet of Vega Pro to petermoo for him to compare to Acuda S1. He indeed agreed they're similar, but said they're not the same. In hindsight, I can see how he is correct. The top sheets are almost (and possibly) identical, except for the brand stamp, obviously. The sponges are similar but not identical.  Aside from the obvious and trivial differences in color, their densities differ as well as their pores. Petermoo said the Acuda S1 is better in the upper gears, which makes sense to me given it's denser sponge with slightly smaller pores.

Anyway, visual comparison between Hexer and Vega Pro, as well as playing comparison, leads me to believe those two are fairly closely related. In addition, visual comparison between Blit'z and Acuda S1, as well as playing comparison, leads me to believe those two are also closely related. Perhaps Rakza7 is Yasaka's version?

I could be wrong. This is just my opinion based on my limited skills and perceptions. Even so, perhaps my possible wrongness will open the doors for discussion and resolution regarding the similarities/differences of all these ESN rubbers.

High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 5:54pm
Thanks for your input Anton!

I have very little experience with rubber which are not made by Butterfly (which I boycott since the recent price increase and related issues), but it seems that other brands are close behind considering performance, in my limited perspective actually a large step ahead for everybody which is not at least playing at a semi-professional level!

Looking for an alternative to T05 (or in particular to T64)? Choose Rakza7/Acuda/Blitz!
PingShek67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingShek67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 5:55pm
If you could go back to post#5 of my link, these are the Chinese text:

左為Rakza7
右為電
兩者的海綿是沒有分別的
而Rakza7比電軟一些

+++

The rubber on the left is Rakza 7
The right is Blitz
Not much difference between the two sponges
However, the sponge of Rakza 7 is slightly softer

=================================

In post#6:

兩者膠面的磨沙
左為Rakza7
右為電

+++

Both topsheets are 'sand-polished' (I am not sure if sand-polished is the correct word...other native Chinese speaker, help me out here)
Left is Rakza 7
Right is Blitz

=================================

Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 9:05pm
I may be wrong here but Rakza 7 is not a tensor as it does not say so on the packaging or on the rubber. It would be interesting to get some clarification on this.
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 9:25pm
It's made in Germany but Yasaka don't use the TENSOR name on it. Just like Donic and Tibhar, they use other "name" to "their" technology (Formula Donic, SPI..) but all are made by ESN.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 12:07pm
How does it (Rakza 7) compare to Pryde?

FireHorse
Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2010 at 8:20am
Originally posted by Carryboy Carryboy wrote:

Excellent rubber, durable enough but I find it a bit blade dependant. Rakza 7 with a Hinoki top ply is a match made in heaven. I was wondering how long before my fellow forum members caught on to this rubber.

I had a similar experience with Vega Pro on a blade with Hinoki outer ply (Donic Carbo OFF- to be more exact). On this blade Vega Pro behaved like another rubber compared to how it played on YEO or Stiga V1. It had more dwell, more spin and it didn't bottomed out. On YEO it had an erratic behavior and it felt mushy.

Now I'm tempted to try other (cheaper) tensors but I'm not sure how they'll play on non-hinoki blades.

@Anton or somebody else who tried Vega Pro and Blitz: could you please make a comparison between them? (hardness, spin, speed). Thanks.

Edited by Thot - 09/14/2010 at 8:21am
hojim View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hojim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2010 at 12:39pm
Durability Update: 4 months still going strong, grip and speed same from 2 weeks after using, have not had to use Kinetic on it yet. Rakza 7 Rocks!!!!!!!!
American Hinoki 2 ply POC/NWC Shake FL Rakza 7 FH Boost TS BH (testing)
1 ply Hinoki shake FL FH Rakza BH Pride 30
San Wei A5 FH Rakza 7 BH Pryde 30
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2011 at 10:57am
Just thought I'd include my views about this rubber.  I won't go into physical details as that has been thoroughly discussed but I'll just add a few things.  I'm using Rakza 7 Soft Max sponge on a five-ply Hinoki blade.  I've used it for three practice sessions and one tournament.  The sponge has an interesting texture, almost like fine sandpaper.  I'm really not sure if it's a Tensor or not.  I know Yasaka uses the term "Power Tension" for Pryde but the only thing I see on the Rakza 7 package is "Hybrid Energy".  Regardless of labels, Rakza 7 does display some Tensor characteristics.  Nice click on harder shots and very good speed glue effect with regards to spin.

I enjoyed playing with this rubber on the FH, so much so that I'm considering it on the BH as well.  Power loops are good, so are blocks.  Because I haven't really spent the optimal time for adaptation (for me, this is about 8-12 good sessions to forget about older set up), I hope to improve on the areas of steady/recovery loops and pushes especially on service return.  The rubber requires more forward motion on loops rather than a lifting motion, otherwise, the ball will go out. 
Although the rubber has some tack, enough for the included protective film to stick to it, it requires a different technique than serving with a Chinese tacky rubber.  I will also try it on a Korbel to see if I will have better consistency on control loops with a slower blade.  But definitely, if you like power looping, this rubber should be considered. 

I was curious, someone included this link of Rakza 7 and Palio Blitz.

They do look similar but if anyone has played with both, please comment if they actually play the same.  Thanks.

Edited by BeaverMD - 03/24/2011 at 10:58am
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2011 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Just thought I'd include my views about this rubber.  I won't go into physical details as that has been thoroughly discussed but I'll just add a few things.  I'm using Rakza 7 Soft Max sponge on a five-ply Hinoki blade.  I've used it for three practice sessions and one tournament.  The sponge has an interesting texture, almost like fine sandpaper.  I'm really not sure if it's a Tensor or not.  I know Yasaka uses the term "Power Tension" for Pryde but the only thing I see on the Rakza 7 package is "Hybrid Energy".  Regardless of labels, Rakza 7 does display some Tensor characteristics.  Nice click on harder shots and very good speed glue effect with regards to spin.

The rubber requires more forward motion on loops rather than a lifting motion, otherwise, the ball will go out. 
Although the rubber has some tack, enough for the included protective film to stick to it, it requires a different technique than serving with a Chinese tacky rubber. But definitely, if you like power looping, this rubber should be considered. 

Seconded, I'm using Rakza 7 Soft on a Timo Boll Spirit and I think this is the spinniest eurojap rubber out there.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2011 at 2:00pm
somehow i didn't like rakza 7 and have mine for sale. 

i played vega pro and blitz too.. and many other rubbers. i feel rakzalittle different... with a more lasting grip, but also with some funny irritating non linearity in throw angle.

i don't know if it was my blade though... i tried it on Yinhe V-1 only for few hours and then took it off.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2011 at 9:19am
Deb, I'm assuming you are saying Blitz and Rakza 7 are not really similar then?
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 10:39am
Update: tested using a Korbel.  Again, I'm using Rakza 7 Soft version Max thickness.  I am leaning more that this is not a Tensor.  It appears more to be a speed glue effect sponge, which is really very nice by the way, combined with the natural rubber topsheet.  It's nothing at all like Tensors I have used in the past ex. Xiom Omega III Asian.

Anyway, the Korbel is a bit slower than the 5-ply Hinoki but it's not a slow blade of course.  It does have more dampening effect on incoming shots.  The "hollowness" combined with the Rakza 7 Soft really provides a nice clicking sound when hitting/looping hard.  Off the bounce looping and blocking are easy to control.  The Korbel takes off some of the blistering power I had on the other blade though.  It might be better to use regular Rakza 7 for fh on the Korbel and use Rakza 7 Soft on the bh.  The soft version still has plenty of power on the fh but it would be more suitable for a spin-oriented game.

Edited by BeaverMD - 03/31/2011 at 11:04am
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 10:53am
BeaverMD..... it is def. a German made tensor. But also like others have said, it does not feel like any other tensor.  I have similar opinions as you do about the feel from different blades with Rakza 7 in both soft and regular versions in 2.0mm.  To me, there is a big difference between soft and regular in 2.0.  I am going to order some soft max and hopefully it will not bottom out on my Yinhe V1 like the 2.0 does.  Using the regular version in 2.0 does not bottom out at all but is much heavier or denser feeling than the soft. And this is quite noticeable for me with the throw angle difference and serving.

My Yinhe V1 is about 89g and with 2 regular Rakza in 2.0mm, it weighs about 183g total. That is really pushing it for me on total weight setup, but it is pretty balanced weight and not as heavy or head heavy feeling as using other setups at that weight. 

The soft Rakza in 2.0 were about 6g lighter uncut compared to the regular Rakza in 2.0.  The sponge on the soft version was very soft in comparison to the regular.  I would like to have a Rakza Medium if possible.  But I may change my mind later when I try the soft in max. I am just trying to get my setup weight down in the 170's g range with my Yinhe V1.  No problems on my T-11, but I like how my V1 loops and that is one area my T-11 is so hard to deal with.

Edited by Rich215 - 03/31/2011 at 11:00am
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 12:01pm
The Paddle Palace just started carrying Rakza 7 and Rakza 7 Soft in 1.8m, 2mm and max thicknesses.   I was thinking of trying it out as a replacement for my old Mark V max.  Do Rakza 7 loops jump out that the opponent like T05 loops do?  If so would this attribute be lost if I went to a thinner 1.8mm Rakza 7 or Rakza 7 soft?   I would be willing to put up with some bottoming out on slams if I can get the extra touchy feely when playing close to the net.  Most of my looping is done aginst relatively slow balls close to the table.

I bet no one has tried 1.8mm.  I plan to try these on a Samsonov Alpha.   I am looking for a more controllable alternative to T05 but stil has some of the 'kick' after the bounce.

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Deb, I'm assuming you are saying Blitz and Rakza 7 are not really similar then?

That's the idea i have ... but i sold my blitz already... and can't go back and to a better comparison. After this thread... i thought i will give my rakza a try one of these days. now that i am playing acuda s1 FH... it shouldn't be difficult to adapt to quickly. i wish my initial impression was wrong.

i need a powerful FH rubber... not a nice and easy to play FH rubber. something like palio thors, but with no counter-looping issue. :)   if rakza 7 provides it to some extent... i can use it till vega china is available, and feedbacks about vega china are available ;)

vid1
Vid 2
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 2:22pm
I have used Rakza7, Blitz and Acuda S1.  While they are all made by ESN, they are a little different from each other in terms of pip geometry.

Rakza7, on top of that, also has the hardest topsheet of the three, so it really rewards people who hit hard with a crisper feel than the other two.

Blitz has a softer topsheet than Rakza7, but slightly harder sponge so the feel is a little different.  Throw angle of Blitz is lower than Rakza7.

Acuda S1 also has a lower throw angle than Rakza7 and, to me, it had less crisp of a feel.  I thought Rakza7 was quite a bit spinnier on big shots and much less prone to bottoming out (both Blitz and S1 tend to bottom out more than I like, so I liked them more on the BH than FH).

I ordered Adidas P5 since I heard it has a hard and grippy topsheet similar to Rakza7, but is faster on big shots.  We'll see how it goes.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

BeaverMD..... it is def. a German made tensor. But also like others have said, it does not feel like any other tensor.  I have similar opinions as you do about the feel from different blades with Rakza 7 in both soft and regular versions in 2.0mm.  To me, there is a big difference between soft and regular in 2.0.  I am going to order some soft max and hopefully it will not bottom out on my Yinhe V1 like the 2.0 does.  Using the regular version in 2.0 does not bottom out at all but is much heavier or denser feeling than the soft. And this is quite noticeable for me with the throw angle difference and serving.

My Yinhe V1 is about 89g and with 2 regular Rakza in 2.0mm, it weighs about 183g total. That is really pushing it for me on total weight setup, but it is pretty balanced weight and not as heavy or head heavy feeling as using other setups at that weight. 

The soft Rakza in 2.0 were about 6g lighter uncut compared to the regular Rakza in 2.0.  The sponge on the soft version was very soft in comparison to the regular.  I would like to have a Rakza Medium if possible.  But I may change my mind later when I try the soft in max. I am just trying to get my setup weight down in the 170's g range with my Yinhe V1.  No problems on my T-11, but I like how my V1 loops and that is one area my T-11 is so hard to deal with.

What a coincidence that you wrote about the weight.  After using the Korbel with Rakza 7 Soft, I thought the regular version might give a little more power so I ordered two sheets of regular Rakza 7 and glued it to the Korbel.  Man, it feels HEAVY! Actually, it's not heavy from a pure weight standpoint, more like head heavy and unbalanced.  But I haven't played with it yet so I'll see how it goes for my first session with the regular version.  If I don't like how it feels during play, my loss will be someone's gain in the For Sale section.

Edited by BeaverMD - 03/31/2011 at 3:47pm
ttran82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttran82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

somehow i didn't like rakza 7 and have mine for sale. 

i played vega pro and blitz too.. and many other rubbers. i feel rakzalittle different... with a more lasting grip, but also with some funny irritating non linearity in throw angle.

i don't know if it was my blade though... i tried it on Yinhe V-1 only for few hours and then took it off.

I had the same feeling.  Sometimes, my hits just didn't land the way that I expected with other rubbers.  It is not consistent enough even though it has good grip.  And the throw angle is a bit low for me.  It was good at mid table counter looping though.

Debrag, maybe because you and I used the same F-1 blade LOL
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 5:43pm
ttran82... nope i didn't use F-1 with Rakza 7. it was long back... and i was either using yinhe V-1 or photino
vid1
Vid 2
barnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

I have used Rakza7, Blitz and Acuda S1.  While they are all made by ESN, they are a little different from each other in terms of pip geometry.

Rakza7, on top of that, also has the hardest topsheet of the three, so it really rewards people who hit hard with a crisper feel than the other two.

Blitz has a softer topsheet than Rakza7, but slightly harder sponge so the feel is a little different.  Throw angle of Blitz is lower than Rakza7.

Acuda S1 also has a lower throw angle than Rakza7 and, to me, it had less crisp of a feel.  I thought Rakza7 was quite a bit spinnier on big shots and much less prone to bottoming out (both Blitz and S1 tend to bottom out more than I like, so I liked them more on the BH than FH).

I ordered Adidas P5 since I heard it has a hard and grippy topsheet similar to Rakza7, but is faster on big shots.  We'll see how it goes.

ILya

I played Acuda S1 on OSP Expert. I´m thinking about purchase Rakza or P5. Maybe your review will help me to decide.Wink
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2011 at 10:15am
BeaverMD......give your new sheets of regular Rakza 7 about 5-7 sessions of break in time.  It will relax and def. have a settle in period.  This may be why some give up on it, kind of like Thor's and others to some extent.  Also, try not to roll it on too hard.  You may also want to reglue it after the break in period.  I found this out after trying it on 2 different blades, T-11 and now very happy with it on my V1. 

BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2011 at 5:27pm
Rich, regular Rakza 7 is very good on the FH with Korbel.  On the BH, it's still a question mark for me.  But I've only had one session.  As far rolling, I don't do that if the rubber is uncut.  I just flop it on and press down gently.  I will play a couple more sessions and give a review.
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 9:29am
Just a little update on my Rakza 7 and Rakza 7 Soft experience.

First, regular Rakza 7.  Both sides on Korbel both max thickness.  It's definitely too heavy and unbalanced on both sides, at least for me.  So using it only on one side is something to think about.  No clicking sound like the Soft version but the performance is excellent.  Good penetrating power and beautiful power loops.  There have been lots of discussions about what blades are good for this rubber.  IMO, an all-wood rated off- to off would work best.

Rakza 7 Soft - on the FH side of my 5 ply Hinoki (BTY Power Drive).  Nice click! Excellent power also.  It's almost like a speed-glued Tackifire Special Soft or Juic 999 Elite Ultima Soft Version.  I would love to compare it to Juic 999 Elite Nano someday if I ever buy one.  I feel like Ma Wenge straight-arm looping everything when I use this thing except my footwork isn't as good Smile There are two things I have problems with though.  First, opening loops against push.  If I loopkill pushes, great.  If I want to open up with slow/medium speed high arc heavy topspin, I tend to overhit a lot.  Second and somewhat a related problem, high arc heavy topspin loops during a rally.  Sometimes, I like to hit two or three loops hard and then I reach down and do a high arc loop as a change of pace.  Again, I tend to overhit.  I think it's because I haven't adjusted completely and also the sponge, despite the term Soft, still has a lot of tension.  So if you're not careful with Rakza 7 Soft, you can overhit medium speed, high topspin loops. 
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 4:16pm
I have recently bought:
Rakza 7 1.8mm
Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
Rakza 7 Soft max
I played with Rakza 7 1.8mm last night.  I played with it just after using my hardbat so I had to get used to closing the paddle again.   I am not impressed.  It is good but nothing special like T05.  I played with Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm and it is hard to tell the difference between the two.  Rakza 7 Soft Max comes the closest to T05.

Some times people come over to play and they like to try my paddles.  Sometimes I will set on up just for them.  Last week another player compared all my Rakza 7's with T05 and thought there was no comparison if you are simply looking for spin.  The Rakza 7 Soft max came the closest to the T05. He ended up liking my Samsonov Alpha too so he bought the Samonov Alpha and T05.  I recommend that that he get the Samsonov Alpha combo at the Paddle pallace as it was only $98.   Instead he thought T05 was so much better that he bought the Samsonov Alpha and T05 anyway and that cost a lot more.

At this time I am not convinced that Rakza 7 isn't a bunch of hype.  I don't think it is that much different from Mark V.  The good thing is that two of the sheets I bought didn't cost anymore than Mark V so that is OK.  I did buy a 3rd sheet for $38.

It takes me more time to get to know the rubbers.  I do have two Samsonov Alphas to compare at the same time on the same kind of paddle, all the rubbers are black so this should be a good comparison.  I also have my Newgy, cutting board and laser alignment system.

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by pnachtwey pnachtwey wrote:

I have recently bought:
Rakza 7 1.8mm
Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
Rakza 7 Soft max
At this time I am not convinced that Rakza 7 isn't a bunch of hype.  I don't think it is that much different from Mark V.  The good thing is that two of the sheets I bought didn't cost anymore than Mark V so that is OK.  I did buy a 3rd sheet for $38.

wow, both regular and soft Rakza 7 in 2.0mm are very different to me compared to Mark V 2.0mm.  Mark V is slow/dead-feeling and has less spin in comparison for me.  I am waiting for some Rakza soft in Max to be delivered and test.  I think it will feel much better than the 2.0 which bottomed out too easy on my T-11 and V1 Galaxy blades. 

Maybe the sponges are just too thin to notice a big difference when you go less than 2.0. It may also be you felt like there was not much difference because of the blade you use them on. This rubber may very well act and feel quite differently on different blades. The regular in 2.0 felt really good on my T-11, but a little too heavy on both sides of my V1.  I use same rubbers on both sides normally. I can't wait to use the soft in max on both sides of my V1. 

pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2011 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

Originally posted by pnachtwey pnachtwey wrote:

I have recently bought:
Rakza 7 1.8mm
Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
Rakza 7 Soft max

wow, both regular and soft Rakza 7 in 2.0mm are very different to me compared to Mark V 2.0mm.  Mark V is slow/dead-feeling and has less spin in comparison for me.
I just put Mark V max on my other Samsonov Alpha so I can compare with Rakza 7 Soft max.   I agree there is a difference.  The difference is probably worth the difference in price, but it still doesn't have that skip off the table spin like T05 has.

I am waiting for some Rakza soft in Max to be delivered and test.  I think it will feel much better than the 2.0 which bottomed out too easy on my T-11 and V1 Galaxy blades. 
Hmm, I have Rakza 7 soft 1.8 mm.  I didn't notice any bottoming out but I didn't play with it against real opponents.   I was shipped the Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm by mistake so it hasn't got the same play time as the others.

Maybe the sponges are just too thin to notice a big difference when you go less than 2.0.
You are probably right.  I think it requires a more controlled test.

It may also be you felt like there was not much difference because of the blade you use them on. This rubber may very well act and feel quite differently on different blades. The regular in 2.0 felt really good on my T-11, but a little too heavy on both sides of my V1.  I use same rubbers on both sides normally. I can't wait to use the soft in max on both sides of my V1.  
None of the rubbers feel heavy but I usually use something light on my BH to offset any heavy FH rubbers.  I think that using different rubbers provides more options as long as one can do the foot work to make the options possible.

EZRO View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EZRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2011 at 10:08am
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

It's made in Germany but Yasaka don't use the TENSOR name on it. Just like Donic and Tibhar, they use other "name" to "their" technology (Formula Donic, SPI..) but all are made by ESN.

totally agree

Blade: Butterfly Photino and Keyshot light
FH: DONIC Baracuda / Tenergy 64 and 05
BH: 802-40/1 and Raystorm
DONIC BURN ALL+
FH Kokutaku 868 tacky
BH Kokutaku 110 Medium Pip
bassgs89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassgs89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2011 at 3:35pm
hey guys
I was searching for Rakza's info and here is very informative, thx for all the posts!
I have a YCA blade with neo skyline 2 on forehand and cj8000 xtreme on back hand, however I am not satisfied with the hardness of both rubbers so I am considering putting regular rakza on forehand and soft rakza on back hand.  Below are my questions:
 1) Since it has softer sponge, the soft rakza supposedly has more control over regular rakza right?
 2) How is the ball feel when performing reverse backhand with rakza soft?
 3) Is it worth trying put rakza rubbers on carbon blade like YCA--the one I have?
Sorry for massive questions and thanks in advance!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic