Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2010 Qatar Open: Feb 17 -Feb 21 (DOHA)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2010 at 7:17am
Originally posted by chenhenry chenhenry wrote:

Originally posted by corsuse corsuse wrote:

And again where's the match Wang Hao vs Ryu Sue Min? :D

+1 Anybody?  I can't believe Wang Hao lost to Ryu... again.
anybody? please... ...
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
Sponsored Links

stefanoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2010 at 6:01am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

nice post stefanoa.

written with the heart it is always good.

Thank you ejmaster, I really like both
http://www.chopong.com

blade: Timo Boll Spirit
fh: Blufire M1
bh: Acuda S2
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2010 at 5:55am
Im surprised no one picked up on a superb performance in the womens singles by Daniela Dodean, beating Feng Tianwei (WR6) Kim Kyung Ah (WR9)  and Tie Yana (WR14) on way to the semis. All Fantastic results. 
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
ssiew968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssiew968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2010 at 5:21am
I am Wang Liqin supporter. Hope he can continue to win Kuwait Open etc and even one more world single championship next year. If he won, maybe he can go on to win England Olympic too :)
FH:Xiom Omega IV Pro Max
BH:Donic Acuda S1 Max
Butterfly Innerforce ZLC (flare)
chenhenry View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chenhenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2010 at 5:20am
Originally posted by corsuse corsuse wrote:

And again where's the match Wang Hao vs Ryu Sue Min? :D

+1 Anybody?  I can't believe Wang Hao lost to Ryu... again.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2010 at 5:14am
nice post stefanoa.

written with the heart it is always good.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
stefanoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2010 at 3:52am
The Wang Liquin-Ma Long match was really interesting for me because the following two reasons:

- Wang Liquin had real problems with his mental game starting from 2006 and a peaked at the Olympics. Now I think he solved his problems and will be again a tough opponent for everyone (Ma Long/Xu Xin/Zang Jike included). Does anybody noted that when he made and error he really was upset and looked behind him almost falling? Now he is more calm and I think he his enjoying his game more.

- Wang Liquin found a style that cause great problem to both Ma Long and Zang Jikes. I think that the main cause is the combination in speed and spin of his loops and the smart use of backhand. I think that for both Ma Long and Zang Jikes there where huge problems to counter-loop the Wang Liquin loops because they are not as spinny has the Ma-Long and Xu-Xin ones but are fast and low arched causing Ma Long to have to hit them from a lower point or in any case from a different point than their sweet-spot. Wang Liquin tried to avoid to have Ma Long counter looping on his forehand loop and used in a very effective way his "last moment" down the line backhand, Ma Long is very fast and managed to play most of them but not with great power and with less balance allowing Wang Liquin to move him around.

I think the the Wang Liquin career will be longer than expected because he can compete in speed and power with the younger and now he has a key and the confidence to defeat even the stronger players.

In any case, for me, seeing Ma Long and Xu Xin looping around in the last Trial was really inspirational :-)
http://www.chopong.com

blade: Timo Boll Spirit
fh: Blufire M1
bh: Acuda S2
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2010 at 2:52am
Originally posted by TBS9x TBS9x wrote:

Oh come on, if he's really that sick then he wouldn't have beaten all other players, dont tell me the sickness only strikes him in the last match. Besides, while he's being '' sick '', his loops are still crazy and for a top quality athlete, a cold shouldn't be that big of a problem, Waldner used to play and win when he had a 39 degrees fever...Wink

he played with fever when he lost in 1987
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2010 at 2:46am
Why don't we all accept the fact that WLQ despite his age was able to outperform Ma Long for one match?

Doesn't matter whether Ma Long was sick or tired or not, everyone has excuses. Here are the facts.

Ma Long almost always beats WLQ.
Ma Long is currently better than WLQ.
WLQ beat Ma Long.

I'm proud of WLQ! He played a spectacular game! As for Ma Long, yes he could've played better, too bad he didn't/couldn't.
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2010 at 2:46am
Originally posted by TT over Study TT over Study wrote:

Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

I don't think Ma Long was at his peak form, even if Wang Liqin was I think Ma Long still could've beaten him even with bad luck. I really think having to play against Joo right before Wang Liqin messed him up a bit, first game he hit a ton of forehands into the net and was slow and off balance. That could also have been caused by his apparent sickness.

So if he won 1 game due to an edge and he lost 2, it would have come down to a 7th game. And Ma Long IS better, past 15 times he beat Wang Liqin 14 of them, and the one time he lost he played Wang Liqin 3 times that day in a super league match. There are few records on a stretch as near perfect as that with any matchup of any two players.

Not saying that Wang Liqin didn't play well, or isn't good in any way, Ma Long's relative floundering may very well have come from clever placement and spin alterations by Wang, he seemed to use a lot of strategy against Ma Long, lots of clever placements, variating his forehand and backhand spins. I still think Ma Long is the better player and should have won if there were no edge shots/sickness/Chinese team politics involved.

thats wonderful that you have all these excuses but the fact is he lost, no need for 3 paragraphs
LOL LOLLOLLOL
TT over Study View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT over Study Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2010 at 2:36am

I don't think Ma Long was at his peak form, even if Wang Liqin was I think Ma Long still could've beaten him even with bad luck. I really think having to play against Joo right before Wang Liqin messed him up a bit, first game he hit a ton of forehands into the net and was slow and off balance. That could also have been caused by his apparent sickness.

So if he won 1 game due to an edge and he lost 2, it would have come down to a 7th game. And Ma Long IS better, past 15 times he beat Wang Liqin 14 of them, and the one time he lost he played Wang Liqin 3 times that day in a super league match. There are few records on a stretch as near perfect as that with any matchup of any two players.

Not saying that Wang Liqin didn't play well, or isn't good in any way, Ma Long's relative floundering may very well have come from clever placement and spin alterations by Wang, he seemed to use a lot of strategy against Ma Long, lots of clever placements, variating his forehand and backhand spins. I still think Ma Long is the better player and should have won if there were no edge shots/sickness/Chinese team politics involved.

thats wonderful that you have all these excuses but the fact is he lost, no need for 3 paragraphs
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2010 at 2:33am
ROFL Ma Long sweared during his match against WLQ!

Look at 7:45 in ttcountenance's video!
he says "wa cao" which is basically the f-word
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2010 at 1:30am
Oh come on, if he's really that sick then he wouldn't have beaten all other players, dont tell me the sickness only strikes him in the last match. Besides, while he's being '' sick '', his loops are still crazy and for a top quality athlete, a cold shouldn't be that big of a problem, Waldner used to play and win when he had a 39 degrees fever...Wink
Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
Stiga Boost TC
Tibhar Grass Dtecs 1.6mm
Video: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u-p2VHaiDk
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7bHoFRj_oU
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYnqlW
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 10:43pm

Originally posted by SoWhySoSerious SoWhySoSerious wrote:

I watched very closely. It's not easy for Ma Long to lose to anyone. Ma Long was sick and his game was off due to such and Wang Liqin got two edge shots at the end of close games that he would have otherwise lost and he ended up winning because of those.
I can't agree with you.His world ranking number 1 doesn't make him unbeaten.Wang Liqin was in perfect shape and Ma Long was at his usual level.Liqin was simply better.I didn't put this rally to video but in second set Wang was leading 11-10 and Ma long made edge shot what more he did it again in next rally and eventually won this set.

I  m sure wlq couldnt play at that age(21) like ma long
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by SoWhySoSerious SoWhySoSerious wrote:

I watched very closely. It's not easy for Ma Long to lose to anyone. Ma Long was sick and his game was off due to such and Wang Liqin got two edge shots at the end of close games that he would have otherwise lost and he ended up winning because of those.
I can't agree with you.His world ranking number 1 doesn't make him unbeaten.Wang Liqin was in perfect shape and Ma Long was at his usual level.Liqin was simply better.I didn't put this rally to video but in second set Wang was leading 11-10 and Ma long made edge shot what more he did it again in next rally and eventually won this set.

kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 7:10pm
Good job Wang Liqin! Drought is over, now he needs to continue this into the next tournaments.
lild100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lild100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 6:46pm
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 6:30pm

A guy like wlq who seems a greek god

YES, WLQ, THE GREEK GOD OF TABLE TENNIS!!!  LOL

SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 6:23pm

Are you blind Jonan?.

Then watch the video Wang Liquin Ma long. That is the way Ma Long lost. Because this time Wlq played better than Ma Long. It is easy.

Assume that. 

http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance

Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 5:58pm

Are you blind Jonan?.

Then watch the video Wang Liquin Ma long. That is the way Ma Long lost. Because this time Wlq played better than Ma Long. It is easy.

Assume that.�

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 5:56pm
Are you blind Jonan?.

Assume that.  

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 5:14pm
Wang Liqin Xu Xin-Ma Lin Wang Hao:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUyxOMwTbPI

ocvillager View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocvillager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 5:07pm

Ma Long was definitely not at his best or usual touch. This is not an excuse for him but if you look right at the warm up. He mislooped alot. He looked tired and yes looks like he was ill or sleepy

ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

Oh, I forgot, is it me or don't you find the game in Doha is going much slower than last week in China when the guys where battling for WTTC qualification ? Looks like Ma was forcing his motions to get half speed he had last week...odd !

The game is played by TWO players. Sometimes you need the other guy's cooperation to keep it fast paced. Xu Xin was playing ultra fast with Ma Long in the national team trials but I bet that didn't do him any good when he lost to that Korean guy in the 1st round. I think one of the reasons WLQ beat Ma Long is that he varied the pace and slowed down the game at times...
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Sallom89 Sallom89 wrote:

I saw him sniffing during his match vs WLQ

I was wondering about his sniffing too.

Honestly, I believe that either Ma Long was sick and that threw him off, or he threw the game. I don't see any way he should have lost. Over the last nearly 2 years Ma Long is 14-1 against Wang Liqin, I just don't see him losing unless he was forced to by something.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 1:45pm

viktorovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 1:32pm
Blue Sponge - two victories !
lild100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lild100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 1:25pm
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 1:19pm
Oh, I forgot, is it me or don't you find the game in Doha is going much slower than last week in China when the guys where battling for WTTC qualification ? Looks like Ma was forcing his motions to get half speed he had last week...odd !
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 1:18pm

I saw him sniffing during his match vs WLQ

I was wondering about his sniffing too.
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic