Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BladesByCharlie.com seeking testers/reviewers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BladesByCharlie.com seeking testers/reviewers
    Posted: 02/16/2010 at 11:09pm
Greetings,

I am the webmaster for www.BladesByCharlie.com and one of a lucky few in the San Francisco Bay area who had the privilege of testing this superlative new product line over the past year.

BBC's web site was just launched last week and now BBC's owner, Charlie Smith, has asked me to develop and manage a Designated Tester program so he has put ten BBC blades at my disposal for this purpose. Those interested in being a BBC blade tester should either post a reply in this thread or PM me via MyTT. Charlie is interested in involving a diverse range of playing styles, geographical locations, and player ratings. Charlie will personally select the most appropriate BBC blade model for your use based on the following requested information:

o Name of your current favorite blade and why you like it; and optionally, blades you have tried and didn't like and why.

o Type of grip you prefer (e.g. straight, flared, C-pen, J-pen)

o Type of rubber you use

o Your playing style and current rating

o How many years you have been playing table tennis and how many hours per week you currently play

o Any other information you wish to provide

Terms: These will be stock blade configurations based on the eight models currently featured on www.BladesByCharlie.com. Designated testers agree to test the supplied blade and then post a formal review on mytabletennis.net within 21-days of receiving the blade. BBC will pay the postage to send you the blade; you agree to pay the return postage. For international destinations where customs and/or import duties may apply, these shipments will be designated as Samples but you agree to pay any local duties, if applicable. Anyone wishing to keep their blade following the test may purchase it at a 50% discount; otherwise it must be returned to BBC where it will re-join the testing pool for use by subsequent testers.
BBC, SP, LP
Sponsored Links

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2010 at 11:27pm
Name of your current favorite blade and why you like it; and optionally, blades you have tried and didn't like and why.

Violin, Acoustic, Hking
because it has good feel and very good for looping . I hope I could try try BBC model - Fiddler 90-95 gr 6 mm thickness.

As long as it's big FL, I saw the FL handle BBC is big enough.

o Type of rubber you use

H3 Provincial, National on Forehand, T05, Hexer on Backhand

All Around Player with looping style on both wings, around 1600

o How many years you have been playing table tennis and how many hours per week you currently play

6 years, 8 hours per week

I'm from Jakarta, Indonesia.

Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

bumpernets19 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2010 at 11:36pm
o Name of your current favorite blade and why you like it; and optionally, blades you have tried and didn't like and why.
 KILLERSPIN KIDO 5A BECAUSE I SLOWED DOWN TO THIS ALLWOOD BLADE TO BETTER MY FORM AND SO FAR IT HAS ONLY HELPED. LOOPING IS MAGIC ON ALL WOOD. dislike: VISCARIA LIGHT B/C TOO MUCH VIBRATION.

STRAIGHT 

o Type of rubber you use
ANDRO HEXER FH AND FLEXTRA ON BH

SLOWLY BECOMING A TWO-WINGED LOOPER. FH IS ABOVE AVERAGE AND BH IS COMING ALONG NICELY. NO RATING UNTIL ANNISTON TOURNAMENT IN APRIL.

1 1/2 YEARS. AROUND 10 HOURS A WEEK. APPROX. 2-3 HOURS DAILY

UNITED STATES RESIDENT. DON'T MAKE ENOUGH INCOME TO CONSTANTLY TRY BLADES TO FIND THE PERFECT ONE :(
Rating: 1232
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2010 at 11:43pm
Fiddler Specs:

Weight80g-95g

Blade thickness5mm-8mm

Plies5

CompositionMahogany (2) - Cypress - Mahogany (2)

Gluehide glue

SpeedALL+ to OFF+

Control8

Flexstiff

Surfacesoft

NotesVertical grain Cypress core available in 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, and 7mm.

If I want to Fiddler to be 92 gr, could the total thickness only 6 mm? I'm thinking of using Teak wood on the handle. Could it become handle heavy?
I want Attack Shape for the head size which is 162x158 mm handle length 113 mm

The FL handle that I want is like Triflex Carbon FL handle shape:

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2010 at 11:46pm
May I know the dimension of FL handle of BBC? which is shown in Triflex Carbon. Thickness and wideness, thanks.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2010 at 11:51pm
Name of your current favorite blade and why you like it; and optionally, blades you have tried and didn't like and why.

Butterfly Photino; Donic Dotec Wladner Hinoki; Darker Speed 90 are my all time favorite blades.
I like very fast blades that get a bit dull and dead on  the short game. The elasticity/flex should show itself on strong stokes only.

Big, Flared

o Type of rubber you use

Tenergy 05 2.1mm bl fh; Air COndle 2.0 red bh

All Around Player with looping style on both wings, currently around 1800
USATT; of course can beat 2000 anytime. Smile

8 years, 10 hours per week

I live Seattle, WA. I'd love to try a TriFlex carbon +-85 grams or/and a Single Ply Cypress +-90 grams with SH FL handle balanced slightly toward the handle.

thanks for your initiative,

fatt
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 12:05am

Could you pleae tell us which type of wood used in the picture above:
Which one is:
  • Cypress
  • Mahogany*
  • Paduak**
  • Redwood
  • Teak***
I would like to know if there's Teak handle in above picture. Thanks.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 12:10am

Nexy Color (this is an OFF- blade with outer Hinoki layers, extremely well balanced, great short game but can hit and loop too). I also like (and own) Darker Speed 90, 729 V-6 and some one-plies from AmericanHinoki. Donic Dotec Waldner Hinoki is also a great blade but I gotta feed the children...

Don't like very fast and stiff carbon blades, blades with bad short feel and bouncy touch.

Flared

o Type of rubber you use

Gambler Outlaw, Dawei IQUL, Gambler Wraith, LKT Rapid Speed - no tensors. Just fast linear relatively hard (not extremely hard) rubbers. Not too tacky - either no tackiness at all, or just mild case of it.

I am control-oriented ALL+/OFF- player who plays in all zones, including 15 feet away from the table. I like to attack (mostly flat but can do power loops too) but I can chop and lob if situation calls for that. Rating is usually between 1900 and 2000 (more than 2100 on a good night when I am physically fit).

7 thru 29, then the last two years - 24 in all. I play around 5 hours a week.

CarboFlex Alpha or 9-10-9 seem to be fitting the bill, but that's up to you of course.

I also think you guys are doing just the right thing - promoting the new blades at the largest forum in NA. Good luck!
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 12:14am
peter79, I have created a MyTT account for Charlie and invited him to sign on and answer your and others' questions. I'm very enthused at the rapid response of this forum!
BBC, SP, LP
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 12:34am
Originally posted by nathanso nathanso wrote:

peter79, I have created a MyTT account for Charlie and invited him to sign on and answer your and others' questions. I'm very enthused at the rapid response of this forum!

Thanks I hope He can answer my many questions Embarrassed, Looking forward for the reply Smile
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 1:54am
Juic Nebula( 5 ply hard wood hinoki outers) it has a solid feel and it's great flat hitting and blocking while retaining good touch and feel. Blades I didn't like Primorac Off- and Allround classic they were just to flexible. Other blades I like Gergely Carbon, Stiga Clipperwood and Nittaku Acoustic. I have a preference for blades with a solid feel.

flared.

o Type of rubber you use
euro/jap non tacky tenergy 25 and nimbus vip

close to the table blocker and hitter, rating I don't have one. I would say advanced club level player.

8 years of playing. I currently play 10-15 hours a week.

I play a very special style, very agressive close to the table.
bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 2:34am
When are you going to make decision? I won't play again for a while(a month) except some coaching so I might not be able to do review in a month. April is what I'm looking to start playing again. Anyway, this's my info.

Nittaku Violin - one of the very few blade that gives me great feedback when I chop. I know exactly how much spin is on the ball.
Ludeak power pro version - similar to Violin, not as good in giving feedback, feeling but a bit more powerful. 

Flare

o Type of rubber you use
BW3 or Kspin Blast + TSP P1-R 1.1 mm.

Attacing chopper, 2217.

A few years in school. Just started again in 2006.

I think I'm one of the better LP players in US. Maybe top 15 LP players.
Only interested in Fiddler.
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 3:26am
stiga ebenholz 7, like it a lot because its a fast blade but has good amount of feel. i'm into all wood blades now.

flared

o Type of rubber you use
fh= dhs neo h3, bh=avalox sterco

all around player, no rating
15 yrs, the past 7 months i've been practicing for about 25 hrs a week

i would love to get hold of a customized 7 ply blade, if not a 5 ply one
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Jpholder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jpholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 3:51am

Butterfly Kim Taek Soo and other 1-Ply Hinoki blades like Darker Speed 90 and Kokutaku Cho Super Cho Tokusen.  I like the feel of the blade (wood) and it's superb speed.  I tried C-Pen with carbon which I think a bit stiff.

J-Pen

o Type of rubber you use
Tenergy 64 one side

All around with trad. backhand push, block, and smash 

7+ years since I started again. About 8-12 hours a week.

Always want to try RPB but cannot cope with extra weight and losing the "feel" of the blade.
Member of 1-Ply Hinoki Club
KTS Red + 802-40
KTS Blue - New
manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 5:01am

BalsaCarbo X5 and Kong Linghui Special because they are stiff but soft feel
they are light, i use X5 because it's balance is more to the handle than KLS, although i like the kls feel better

i don't like: heavy blades, head heavy blades, elastic blades, big "wings" next to the handle, off+ blades, vibrations

slightly flared like X5 or xiom amadeus jazz

o Type of rubber you use

offensive highish throw rubbers, T05 fh, Vega Europe bh, with no intention to change them in the near future

two wing looper, allround offensive, i like using all the shots in the game chops no spin lobs loops and so on, i prefer using fast blocks and counter drives

no rating, i saw some videos i am somewhere between 1500-1800

about 7 years now, 10-14 hours a week

i am from Europe Romania, i can also give the blade to other beter players than me
i think 6mm fiddler would be good for me, 80-86 gr, shape attack 2

i read somewhere that my jonyer hinoki has a redwood handle, wich i like alot due to soft feeling, that would be my choice
Blade: Bty BalsaCarbo X5 FL

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

BH: Palio Aeolus 45* 2.2
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 12:10pm

This is a cool thing that you guys are doing.  I hope the company does very well.

jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 5:44pm
  I just got my Jpen from Charlie yesterday.  Very nice quality.  The grain is very nice and for being 11mm thick it is no too heavy.  Going to put some vega pro on it and see how it compares to my Kokutakus.  The only modification i see that might help is to make the head a little more compact at 140mm wide it is more of an all round design . I can post up some pics  later
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 7:06pm

Butterfly Photino; 729 V-6. Like the blades that are OFF ish with wee bit flex, and big sweet spot but no carbon ping.

Read my comparative review of 7 fast blades at:
http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6834

FLARED, with preferably a squarish handle like photino, amultart.

o Type of rubber you use

Andro Hexer 2.1 FH, Xiom Euro 2.1 BH
Tenergy 05 2.1mm bl fh; Palio CJ8000 2.1 bh

Close-mid looper and loop driver, also with good short game. Currently around 1700 USATT; can beat 2000 if they are playing Long Pips.

20 years, 9 hours per week

I live Sacramento, CA. And have a long desire to try something like Nittaku Acoustic ..., as i told you while you were in Sacramento last month. :)

thanks
debraj
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 11:26pm
Current favorite is Butterfly Madash. I also like Yasaka extra Off (YEO), Korbel SK7, Nittaku Tenor, Rutis and Redshank, Stiga clipper. Dislike Tibhar IVL and S. Any light balsa or hard koto. Like ayous or kiri inner. Limba, anegree or hinoki outer, Rosewood intermediate. 5 or 7 plies doesn't matter as long as it's stiff enough on fast shots and flexible enough for slow loops. 85-90g.

All time conical/roundish ala Stiga Kjell Johansson. I also like straight roundish

o Type of rubber you use
Yasaka xtend hs or donic sonex JP gold (2.0mm medium fast 42.5� german tensors). I also like Tenergy 64.

I'm an allround attackant. Looper at the table, counter-looper mid distance. I'm 1600 french rating which is, I believe, close to 1900 US rating.

I play for 30 years. At the mmnt about 6 hours a week. 

I can also do a review in french on tennis-de-table.com , which is the largest french speaking TT forum
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2010 at 1:55am
Current favorite is Galaxy K-5. I also like Nexy Color and Stiga clipper. Dislike 729 9010 SST, Butterfly Firehand. I did not like both of these blades because of their low dwell time. They did not facilitate anyhow in generating easy topspins or opening shots. 5 or 7 plies doesn't matter. The blade should have decent dwell time for topspin creation. It should not have any vibrations. It should be crisp in its feeling. Do not like soft blades that much. Weight range preferred is 80-85g.

Usually play with Flared handles but recently received a straight handle which feels nice too.

o Type of rubber you use 
I like playing with Tensors and Japanese rubbers. I currently play with Tenergy-05 on both sides on a Galaxy K-5. I also like the Donic Coppa JO Gold and JO Platin. I sometimes play with Haifu BW2 Factory Tuned on Forehand too.

I am a third ball attacker, primary loop kill. Looper at both the wings. Both from close to the table and mid-distance. I'm a state level player here in Karnataka, India. I believe i would be close to 1700-1800 US rating. This is based upon the videos that i have seen of players rated in that range.

I have been playing table tennis for 16 years now. Currently i play for 16 hours a week.

As i hail from India where information about Table tennis products from outside of the country is very limited, i constantly try and educate players on the various equipment choices that they have. As an added advantage, i have several other higher rated players at my club who can offer comments on the equipments that i try.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
729 FX View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 729 FX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2010 at 9:12pm
Palio T7, good control and fast. Palio TCT, too fast for my liking, difficult to control

c-pen or J-pen

o Type of rubber you use
Sriver EL, CJ 8000 Biotech, 729 Super FX

Close-to-table offensive, rating by a friend from US on my level is around 1700

2 years, 8 hours per week

i resides in Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia. Am an EJ freak and constantly try and educate players(friends) on the various equipment choices that they have.

happy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2010 at 8:55am
Nice way to carry out a survey
kelvinyoong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2010 at 10:15pm
Yasaka Extra 3D, Senkoh 85 and 729 V6 are the ones i currently like. I have used a Primorac 2000 but didn't like it as it felt too fast and not enough dwell time.

Anatomic of Butterfly or Yasaka blades. BBC anatomic handles have a profound bulge looking at the pictures. Not sure if they are as comfortable as Butterfly or Yasaka anatomic handles.

o Type of rubber you use
Sriver L, Sriver EL, Dawei IQUL, Gambler Outlaw, Palio HK1997 Biotech. I prefer grippy rubbers.

All round style. Current rating (best guess) would be around 1200

Played during college days and recently returned. Have been playing for about 2 years. Average about 3 hours per week.

o Any other information you wish to provid
Would like to test out the All Round blade with the FL handle of the Triflex Carbon. Cypress or Redwood handles will be a nice touch and balanced so that it will not make the blade head heavy.
Andrzej Grubba AN
Sriver 2.1 Sriver 1.9
Ranger-man View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2010 at 2:16pm
The galaxy M6 would have to be my favorite blade right now. t is 7 plies and so less vibration and while it is a hard blade I find it has good feel for the ball. I have used the Butterfly Chinese Real, feels like a dead plank in my hands, and the Yoshida kaii, which is slightly better. I also like the Joola K4 which is a discontinued blade but works great for me. I started off with the Butterfly Matsush*ta Pro but that was before I changed to attacker and changed to Cpen. Otherwise I loved that blade. I am now planning on getting  Dawei Wavestone Arylate Carbon as my next testing subject. But the M6 remains my favorite.

Cpen

o Type of rubber you use
I have used the Sriver L, the Sriver S, or softer which I prefer to the L. I have also used the Mark V. But my current favlorites would have to be the Dawei IQUL in 42 degree sponge and the Donic Coppa Gold in max. I prefer grippy rubbers, not tacky.

All round to aggressive attacker. My current rating should be around 1800 or more.

Played during college and then started three years ago, I play about 8 hours a week on average.

o Any other information you wish to provid
I think I prefer blades that are on the harder side but not rock-hard, some flex is good. And I also like thin blades that areon the ligher side of 90 grams.

Darker Speed 90 10mm: Dawei IQUL
Ahinoki Lutz Spruce Jpen: 729 SuperFX

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2010 at 2:50pm
Hi Charlie,

o Name of your current favorite blade and why you like it;
Hurricane King 655: good looping blade, fast, yet with great control.
Other favorite blades: Acoustic and HWL. Five plies all wood blades lover, I guess

o Name blades you have tried and didn't like and why.
I hate Bty Schlager the most, its like using a piece of metal to play table tennis, stiff as steel..

FL

o Type of rubber you use
FH: Chinese Rubbers: H3 Neo
BH: Andro Hexer

Serve and attack game. Attack every chance ball that I get. Looper both wings. Wide range of Serves, Spinny loop, nasty drives and smashes.
I don't have a USATT rating, but I dare say probably around 1500-1800 (if I compare my game to a range of players I see in videos)

o How many years you have been playing table tennis and how many hours per week you currently play.
2 years and 9 months.
Play a minimum of 3 times a week x 4 hours = 12 hours (at least)

I will only be good on reviewing all wood five plies blades or some soft Hinoki 5 Ply carbon blades that pairs well with Chinese rubbers.
I can do some comparison review with acoustic, 655, or H WL as benchmark.

Thank you

655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2010 at 2:11am
Charlie and I just spent the better part of three hours poring over the 28 applications to join BBC's Designated Tester program. It wasn't easy, but Charlie has selected eight testers from MyTT members who applied, either through posts in this thread or via PM. The selection process involved evaluating each applicant's playing style and past equipment likes and dislikes, and then matching each person to the most suitable BBC blade. Some blade models ended up with more candidates than others which made selecting testers from the popular blade models particularly difficult as there were so many well qualified applicants. In the end, the following MyTT members were selected as round one testers:

Skyline -- Anvil
debraj -- Matt's Dream*
kelvinyoong -- All Around
jcdi -- All Around
tiburon74 -- Single-ply Cypress
Beer Belly -- CarboFlex Alpha
JimT -- 9-10-9
wkm1 -- TriFlex Carbon

* This is a brand new models that has completed local club testing and will soon be on the BBC website. Matt's Dream is what a Photino might be if BTY spent more money manufacturing it.

Charlie will be contacting testers individually via PM to gather more information regarding each blade's specifications. He'll also need your shipping addresses. Those who were not selected for the first round of testing may still be selected for possible future rounds of testing, but much depends on how busy Charlie gets and how this initial testing round goes.

Designated testers have agreed to test the supplied blade and post a formal review on mytabletennis.net within 21-days of receiving the blade. BBC will pay the postage to send each tester a blade; testers have agreed to pay the return postage. For international destinations where customs and/or import duties may apply, these shipments will be designated as Samples but testers have agreed to pay any local duties, if applicable. Testers wishing to keep the blade following the test may purchase it at a 50% discount; otherwise it must be returned to BBC where it will re-join the testing pool for use in subsequent rounds of testing.
BBC, SP, LP
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2010 at 2:20am
I am so honored to be chosen. However I promised to do some testing for NEXY and I am behind as I take too many weeks with the same blade.
Please find another tester for the TriFlex Carbon.
Thank you for your understanding and do not hesitate to ask my help in your testing endeavor.
fatt
bumpernets19 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2010 at 3:35am
those blades are all so original. I love them all.
Rating: 1232
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2010 at 4:45am
Hmmm, Why no Fiddler blade being given as a tester?
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2010 at 5:27am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Hmmm, Why no Fiddler blade being given as a tester?

Ill do the fiddler as i'm a member of OOKT as well and have been selected on there
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic