Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Reviews: The Chaos Rubber

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nexy Reviews: The Chaos Rubber
    Posted: 02/22/2010 at 3:20pm
Let me apologize first off for the delay in posting the review on Nexy Chaos.
This rubber was sent to me in the second package by Mr. Moon. I had asked of a Nexy Hannibal blade, a Nexy Demian and a Nexy Chaos.
I received a 1.0mm Nexy Chaos rubber in the package, exactly what i had asked for.
Let me first set the context by letting everyone know that i am NOT a player who plays with PIPS. This rubber, from the very beginning was meant for reviewing purposes only. I had no intention of keeping it or using it. I just wanted to circulate it in my club and get as many reviews as possible.

What did i do?
I gave the sheet to my coach's son. He is a combination player who plays with a custom built ply. He uses Mark V for forehand and generally either an Anti or a pips out rubber on the backhand. Trust me, he really is very frustrating to play against. He is very fond of dr neubauer rubbers. He says that they have some kind of "effect". I really do not understand what he means by that, but it seems that he wants to convey the fact that these rubbers can create a floating ball.

Enough of context setting. Now lets come to the review.
As i did not perform the review, i would not be posting in the regular format of the reviews, i.e. the speed, spin and control rating kind of review.
It would rather be a descriptive review.

Review:-
We stuck the rubber using a normal VOC based glue as we did not have any alternative at that moment. The sponge was pretty easy to cut through for him. Then he started playing with it. He immediately noticed the great amount of control that the rubber had. He even pointed it out to me saying that the rubber had "very good control".
Coming from dr. neubauer rubbers, it really meant something when he said that the rubber had very good control. The last time he tried a new pips out rubber was when another fellow player had bought a Donic Akkadi L2 for him. He totally DISLIKED it. The ball was flying everywhere with it.
With Chaos, however, the case was different. He was able to control the ball very very easily. Serve returns were a piece of cake. Even my tenergy serves were harmless against it.
Then came the very very good part. He said that the rubber has the same "effect" as the dr. neubauer rubber that he used to use. I immediately connected this effect to the floating ball. I recollected that how disturbing the ball comes when he blocks it from Chaos. The ball comes as if it is floating in the air. Before landing on the table, it stops for a breather of a second and then moves forward. It really messes your timing up.

I have always believed that the best review of such kind of rubbers can be achieved by players who are playing against it. I must admit, it was very difficult to play against him today. His blocks were fantastic and serve returns carried almost all the spin that i gave him.

In the end, i inquired him if he liked the rubber so much that it would be able to replace his now banned Dr. Neubauer rubber. Believe it or not, he said YES.

I guess it really is a very good rubber for players who like to play with Anti rubbers or pips out. Basically very good for all the combination players.
I would rate it a 10/10 for almost everything. It did pose a lot of problems for me when i played against chaos.

It did create Chaos.

Good job Nexy.

Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Sponsored Links

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2010 at 3:59pm
I also got Chaos for review about two months ago but I sent it to our well-known forummer and my good friend melarimsa (I am completely ignorant about playing with the pips, and the couple of LP players at my club were not ready to do any testing). He promised he was going to circulate it among some pips-playing people... Mel, where are you, buddy?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2010 at 11:44am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

I also got Chaos for review about two months ago but I sent it to our well-known forummer and my good friend melarimsa (I am completely ignorant about playing with the pips, and the couple of LP players at my club were not ready to do any testing). He promised he was going to circulate it among some pips-playing people... Mel, where are you, buddy?
Hello everybody. As I was not the one to review rubber, but some of players at my club, here is very short review of what they said about it. Both players like the rubber and they are keeping it, ha ha ha. Mostly they are blockers and hitters, so opinion on chooping in none :(

They like the sound of rubber and when you hit with it there is a speed. More you hit, more speed. If you block, rubber is slow. So they liked that a lot. Blades that are playing are: Yasaka Classic & Nittaku Monophonic. Both blades are slow DEF+ blades ... I hope that you have a t least a little what I was trying to say.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2010 at 6:37pm
Is the rubber made in OX?
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2010 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

I had 0.5mm and 1.0mm
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 1:39am
Thank you,  anubhav1984.

I hope people can realise the true value lies in this rubber.
This rubber is good for attacking, while keeping the frustration effect on it.
I hope some good attacker can use this rubber, and that will help to find another aspect of this rubber.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2010 at 9:32pm

Chaos is only 0.5mm and 1.0mm.

When I designed it, I tried to make it look different from other normal OX rubbers, and that's the reason it has thin sponges, but also this thin sponge makes the ball bounce short.

You will see why I try to joint this thin sponge with Chaos top sheet.
Brand Manager of NEXY
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2010 at 1:11am
Originally posted by anubhav1984 anubhav1984 wrote:

In the end, i inquired him if he liked the rubber so much that it would be able to replace his now banned Dr. Neubauer rubber. Believe it or not, he said YES.

I guess it really is a very good rubber for players who like to play with Anti rubbers or pips out. Basically very good for all the combination players.
I would rate it a 10/10 for almost everything. It did pose a lot of problems for me when i played against chaos.

It did create Chaos.

Good job Nexy.

Something does not sound right here. The banned DR N rubber were the frictionless ones, most of which were designed for a close to the table blocking style, and they were used in OX. They were very slow and with huge spin reversal.

This Nexy rubber is designed as an attacking LP and has a sponge, so comparing it to one of the banned DR N rubber is like is not a fair comparison.

I've tried MANY long pip rubbers, and I can say with the greatest confidence that they are ALL good at something, but NONE are good at everything. So a rating of 10/10 for everything is meaningless for me... I don't believe such a rubber exists.

I'm not knocking the rubber here, as I'm sure it's good for some purposes and it sounds like Nexy makes good quality stuff... I just don't want people to think this rubber is suitable for all style and purposes, as there is no such thing...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
bumpernets19 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2010 at 1:21am

I played Dr. Neubauer inferno w/ a .6 mm sponge. They weren't attacking rubbers, but they weren't just a sit back and take slams until they miss defensive rubber either. I could just sit there and push the ball to the back lines with so much backspin they just couldn't attack it. I don't think thats very defensive to me. And when they were high balls, I would just smack 'em. Anyways Anyone realize that andro has a rubber also called chaos?

Rating: 1232
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2010 at 1:39am

It did create Chaos.

Good job Nexy.

Something does not sound right here. The banned DR N rubber were the frictionless ones, most of which were designed for a close to the table blocking style, and they were used in OX. They were very slow and with huge spin reversal.

This Nexy rubber is designed as an attacking LP and has a sponge, so comparing it to one of the banned DR N rubber is like is not a fair comparison.

I've tried MANY long pip rubbers, and I can say with the greatest confidence that they are ALL good at something, but NONE are good at everything. So a rating of 10/10 for everything is meaningless for me... I don't believe such a rubber exists.

I'm not knocking the rubber here, as I'm sure it's good for some purposes and it sounds like Nexy makes good quality stuff... I just don't want people to think this rubber is suitable for all style and purposes, as there is no such thing...

I am really sorry if i tried to misguide someone here. Please try to bear with me the fact that i am NOT a LONG PIPS player. Hence, those comments were not mine.
They were from a friend at the club i play at. He really likes the rubber. I am not sure which DR N rubber he used to play with. I know for a fact that he plays with Yasaka Phantom 008.
He clearly said that the EFFECT of Nexy Chaos is much better than Phantom 008.
Now, as I am not a pips out player, i have zero clue as to what this EFFECT stands for. But from the best of my understandings, I believe that it is the wobbling ball creation power that my friend was talking about.

I am really sorry if i misguided anyone. I also know that there is no rubber which can have a 10/10. It is just that way for my friend who plays at my club.

I hope this clarifies everything.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2010 at 5:18am
No prob anubhav1984, I wasn't having a go at you, and we all appreciate the information... I just wanted to put thing into perspective a little.

Yes you're right bumpernets19, the inferno was good for that. Unfortunately no LP rubber comes near that spin reversal these days, and if they did they would be banned...
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" ="">
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2010 at 9:32pm

It did create Chaos.

Good job Nexy.

I am really sorry if i tried to misguide someone here. Please try to bear with me the fact that i am NOT a LONG PIPS player. Hence, those comments were not mine.
They were from a friend at the club i play at. He really likes the rubber. I am not sure which DR N rubber he used to play with. I know for a fact that he plays with Yasaka Phantom 008.
He clearly said that the EFFECT of Nexy Chaos is much better than Phantom 008.
Now, as I am not a pips out player, i have zero clue as to what this EFFECT stands for. But from the best of my understandings, I believe that it is the wobbling ball creation power that my friend was talking about.

I am really sorry if i misguided anyone. I also know that there is no rubber which can have a 10/10. It is just that way for my friend who plays at my club.

I hope this clarifies everything.

If I defense too much here, it would look funny.
But still I want to explain some more about Chaos.

Yes, this rubber can not satisfy all the players.
But I think most beginners will find it very easy to control, while enjoying the long pips effect.
And some good players can find it very interesting.

The reason for this relies on the sponge.
This sponge absorbs the impact, so the returning ball does not go far.
So, the basic idea of this rubber is to joint good long pips effect with short rebounce, which can be ideal for blocking.

But when you want to attck, the impact goes into the wood, not staying on the top sheet and sponge, so you can make a powerful shot.

Any ways, this is very ideal thought, and I can not guaruantee all the players will feel the same as I intended, but still I think some players will agree with my idea.

The reason I did not push OX version is not because it has small effect, but because I want to push those character completed by top sheet and sponge together.

Sooner or later, I will show OX version on the market.

I hope this can be understandable for my Chaos rubber.

Brand Manager of NEXY
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2014 at 4:52pm

Nexy Chaos Review by Tommy Zai

Nexy Chaos is an easy to control long pips rubber. I spend a couple hours demoing it with another infamous MYTT member by the name of Tuco. Here is my conclusion based on hitting with it and being hit by it: 

Speed 3/10

Nice and slow, which makes it easy to hit change-ups and drop balls just over the net. The pip configuration themselves seem to have a deadening effect. I'm not sure how this rubber would be on a sponge . . . depends on the sponge I think.

Spin 4/10

Chaos can produce some spin as noted with it's exceptional chopping. Mostly, though, it is really good at canceling the opponents spin. I was almost tempted to give Chaos a negative (-) spin rating.

Disruption/Deception 6/10

Chaos provided an excellent change-up effect, even without sponge; however, I would rate the overall disruption effect as moderate to light.

Reversal 4/10

Chaos hits through spin and creates dead returns as mentioned above; however, it does not produce a great deal of reversal.

Serve Returns 9/10

Chaos easy cuts through, hits through, and/or scrubs off opponents spin.

Hitting/Blocking 7/10

Chaos hits through under-spin when using an MP type lifting technique and sends knuckleballs across the table that often floats and then suddenly dies. 

Chopping 10/10

Chaos chops effortlessly. Tuco and I quickly discovered chopping with this rubber and had several chopping/brushing rallies.

Control 10/10

Amazing!! This is where Chaos really shines.

Conclusion

I highly recommend Chaos to anyone looking for a good  long pips for a combination set-up that is easy to control and chop/block with. If you are looking for pure reversal, look elsewhere; yet, this rubber provides other ways to make your opponent feel uncomfortable and help you win points. Tommy Zai gives Chaos two pips up! Thank you Nexy, for creating a unique and useful long pips rubber.

*Equipment used:  Nexy Chaos/OX/Red on (Nexy Tamar, Ross Leidy combination, Dr. N Hercules, and a vintage DHS 7mm monster blade). Affixed with glue sheet.

For more information:  

http://www.nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=588&b_code=B20100127064546&c_code=C20100127065640

Edited by tommyzai - 04/03/2014 at 3:23pm
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2014 at 5:19pm
As per request, I am willing to send my Nexy Chaos/red/OX with glue sheet affixed to any member that would like to use and abuse. PM for details if interested. First come, first serve.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2014 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

As per request, I am willing to send my Nexy Chaos/red/OX with glue sheet affixed to any member that would like to use and abuse. PM for details if interested. First come, first serve.

here..I will pm you my address. thanks!

Edited by regiz.rugenz - 04/02/2014 at 8:38pm
Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic