Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kenetix vs Spinmax

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kenetix vs Spinmax
    Posted: 03/10/2010 at 1:29pm
Hi guys,

how would you compare kenetix vs spinmax?
I got some old tenergy sheets that are losing some of the grip...
I've read about Joola's spinmax, but saw the kenetix mentioned..

I want to revive the grip a lil. Spinmax? What's the difference between that and Kenetix?

Thank you
Sponsored Links

Reinecke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinecke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2010 at 6:41pm
I had a topic just like this one a few weeks back, you can use the search function.

Basically kenetix is supposed to be better for grippy rubbers like tenergy, spinmax is better on tacky rubbers.
Mizutani Jun ST     
Tenergy 64       
Tenergy 64
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2010 at 11:34am
Thank you!
Hunting for old spinmax now..Smile
Reinecke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinecke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2010 at 11:37am
Mizutani Jun ST     
Tenergy 64       
Tenergy 64
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2010 at 11:45am
THanks buddy.
I did google search and found your thread yesterday. Now I am trying to find the "old" spinmax :D
Reinecke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinecke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2010 at 12:13pm
gotcha, just so you know the old stuff has VOC's, which would be caught if you get ENEZed
Mizutani Jun ST     
Tenergy 64       
Tenergy 64
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2010 at 12:52pm
Thank you, yeah I just want to see what can it do for my old tenergy sheets :)
I bought the new Spinmax and kenetix to try, damn curiosity hahaha.

Thanks again
metallikviper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metallikviper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2010 at 1:29pm
I clean my Tenergies and Tensors with Kinetix once a week and almost all my Tenergies have lasted about 3-4 months. All it does is recondition the topsheet, but if the sponge is going dead then you're SOL.

My Chinese topsheets clean up pretty good with just some distilled water, never needed spinmax. The old spinmax (the aqueous stuff is crap) would make it super tacky for a couple of matches but then it was back to where it was.
Nittaku Vioncello FL
FH: Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH: TSP P1-R 1.1mm
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2010 at 1:41pm
spinmax aqeous gave tenergy a slight tack for me(black) it could briefly lift a ball off the table,less than 1/2 inch or so
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2010 at 1:45pm
I have these used Tenergies and Sriver G3 FX, well, they are my club mates... They have 50-65% life on them, sponge still good, soft, not dead.
Some of the surface show worn areas and those lose a little grip.

I don't really care about my Chinese Rubbers, on the other hand. Have tons of them and they never die on me (had over 14+ blades, that's why Embarrassed)

Have you used the new spinmax for those tenergies and tensors? I read that its better for Chinese Tacky rubbers. But the reviews on OOAK/haggisv and some of the members almost all show positive experience..

Thank you
Mdman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2010 at 2:13pm
i use Spinmax on my Tenergies and it is amazing, not only it cleans them but it makes them just like a new one and very spinny.
minicd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2010 at 2:49pm
spinmax make up of some kind of solvent, not only itll make the life of your rubber SHORTER, it does make it stickier, like putting some soda on your rubber. ( been there done that), that doesnt mean itll make you play better, be careful, with spinmax you wont pass the solvent test if youre in the tournament scene.

KENETIX penetrates the topsheet, coz its made up of the same spray rubber manufacturer use before they package the rubber sheet,  not only it cleans but revitalized the rubber, it also passes the solvent test, coz its solvent free.

heres a reviews on the kenetix,,,,,,

minicd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2010 at 2:50pm
hope this helps
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2010 at 5:06pm
Thank you for the help guys.. I bought both Big%20smile
I will try 1 T64 with one, and another with the other and see which one works better LOL
Reinecke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinecke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2010 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by dual700 dual700 wrote:

Thank you for the help guys.. I bought both Big%20smile
I will try 1 T64 with one, and another with the other and see which one works better LOL

make sure you let us know!
Mizutani Jun ST     
Tenergy 64       
Tenergy 64
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2010 at 12:37am
Will do! I'll take some good pics too.Smile
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2010 at 4:07am
been using spinmax since 3 years, and kenetix about 5 months.

Those who say the spinmax aqua doesn't work, probably didn't read instruction sheet and applied like old spinmax. spinmax aqua works great and is actually better than older one as it doesn't change the topsheet mechanical properties that much.

I love to think kenetix improves elasticity of the topsheet while spinmax improves grip. spinmax aqua should be used for longer time, rubbing it with pressure. And it does completely bring out the original surface grip of tenergy or esn tensors, and of course all other rubbers (except those which are not grippy from beginning).

i use both. but make sure never to play with that rubber for next 4 hours at least. also it works better if after several application you remove the rubber from paddle and repaste it. that will release the localized stress caused by uneven expansion of topsheet due to these chemicals.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2010 at 4:11am
Kenetix was not a miracle worker for Mark V. Just helped a bit. I would say put your $ into a new rubber and just use regular cleaner/water. edit - I think there is a bit of hype here related to Kenetix and while it certainly hasn't caused any problem, I saw no marked difference in the rubber that a normal cleaning would give.

Spinmax- never used, but I will at some point.
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2010 at 9:15am
spinmax aqeous/ultra...make sure you shake the bottle every time you apply it
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2010 at 10:24am
Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

Kenetix was not a miracle worker for Mark V. Just helped a bit. I would say put your $ into a new rubber and just use regular cleaner/water. edit - I think there is a bit of hype here related to Kenetix and while it certainly hasn't caused any problem, I saw no marked difference in the rubber that a normal cleaning would give.

I used Kenetix on several rubbers that were fairly used.  It worked awesome on many....some not much.  Kenetix worked very well on some LKT Rapid and XP rubbers I must say. 

Originally posted by metallikviper metallikviper wrote:

The old spinmax (the aqueous stuff is crap) would make it super tacky for a couple of matches but then it was back to where it was.

metallikviper is saying the old spinmax is NOT aqueous....I had to read that twice to pick that up correctly what he ment as I read so fast over many posts here.   So just to help others that do not have experience with Spinmax versions"

Old Spinmax is VOC.......   
New Spinmax is "aqueous" version.

Seems to be some confusion in some posts here.....some of you should note which version your using in some of your  posts here so people get the right idea of what your using and how it works on different rubbers.  

minicd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2010 at 2:41pm
try using spinmax (old or aquaous ) and kenetix on a glass surface, youll see that the spinmax will make the glass surface really sticky, like you spilled some soda and it dries up. so for my conclusion spinmax is just a sticky substance that will attract dirt and it doesnt protect, it just makes the rubber sticky,

on another side when you place lenetix on a glass surface you can see that after it dries up you see that the glass is smooth and clean, and then youll notice a thin silky film ( not much), hence i figure it should the the thing that penetrates the rubber to maintain and clean the rubber surface.

just my opinion
metallikviper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metallikviper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2010 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

I used Kenetix on several rubbers that were fairly used.  It worked awesome on many....some not much.  Kenetix worked very well on some LKT Rapid and XP rubbers I must say. 

Originally posted by metallikviper metallikviper wrote:

The old spinmax (the aqueous stuff is crap) would make it super tacky for a couple of matches but then it was back to where it was.

metallikviper is saying the old spinmax is NOT aqueous....I had to read that twice to pick that up correctly what he ment as I read so fast over many posts here.   So just to help others that do not have experience with Spinmax versions"

Old Spinmax is VOC.......   
New Spinmax is "aqueous" version.

Seems to be some confusion in some posts here.....some of you should note which version your using in some of your  posts here so people get the right idea of what your using and how it works on different rubbers.  

Sorry about not being clear, but there are so many posts and you tend to shorted what you say.

Old Spinmax - Worked great for tacky Chinese rubbers and also seemed to bring back some grip to Euro rubbers. The effect did not last too long, so maybe I had to use it once a week. But, it still did it's job.

Aqueous Spinmax - IMHO it didn't seem to show much of an improvement in tackiness and yes I followed the instructions as best I could.

Kinetix - Did very little to Tacky Chinese rubbers atleast nothing noticeable. But, on Euro-Jap rubbers it improved the grip a little bit and almost seemed to condition the sheet. I think it has some sort of mild oils to it that keep the topsheet elastic and almost looking like new. I use it about once a week. I think the oils also prevent from further oxidation and degradation of the topsheet.
Nittaku Vioncello FL
FH: Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH: TSP P1-R 1.1mm
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2010 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by minicd minicd wrote:

try using spinmax�(old or aquaous )�and kenetix on a glass surface, youll see that the spinmax will make the glass surface really sticky, like you spilled some soda and it dries up. so for my conclusion spinmax is just a sticky substance that will attract dirt and it doesnt protect, it just�makes the rubber sticky,

on another side when you place lenetix on a glass surface you can see that after it dries up you see that the glass is smooth and clean, and then youll notice a thin silky film ( not much), hence i figure it should the the thing that penetrates the rubber to maintain and clean the rubber surface.

just my opinion

Sorry sir, this is bad experiment and even worse interpretation.

Spinmax-ed rubber stays sticky even if you clean the rubber with soap and water after application.

On contrary, try some soda on your rubber and clean it!

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2010 at 11:24pm
Ok, as promised, I got my kenetix today and applied it to my used Tenergy 64. Here are the pics before and after..

Before

Before

After:

As you can see, the topsheet improves a bit.
I honestly was expecting too much, Big%20smile
Grip improves a little... To my eyes, it's a nice super cleaner..

Waiting for spinmax next!!! Stay tuned!
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2010 at 1:26pm
You can get best results by applying thin even layer of Kenetix and allowing to air dry without removing. Several hours later, apply Kenetix as indicated on bottle.

If this fails to restore rubber grip, it's time to use a thin coat of olive oil!

p.s. thanks to fatt or whoever posted the olive oil trick, it restored the supple grip of a two plus year old 150 hours plus sheet of FX EL to wonderful shape.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2010 at 12:03am
What brand of olive oil did you use?
I tried that with the one I found in my kitchen, didn't do squat..Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic